GAC shop

If you're not going to be running GAC at least open the shop up to our last rank or something so we can actually by some good gear please

Replies

• League ranks are reset at the end of every GAC so you're not going to get your last rank. When the new GAC starts up in a few days, you'll be back at Carbonite League.
  • Perhaps that was one of the reasons we had a week long review period that a bunch of people complained about....
  • DuneFlint wrote: »
    Perhaps that was one of the reasons we had a week long review period that a bunch of people complained about....

What do you mean?
    League ranks are reset at the end of every GAC so you're not going to get your last rank. When the new GAC starts up in a few days, you'll be back at Carbonite League.

I fully understand why. It's just silly. Theres no reason any shop should be basically unavailable. Keep the last ranking until the new one begins.
  • The one week gives you an opportunity to spend the currency you got.
  • Leagues aren't reset at the end of each GAC, they're reset at the beginning of each new one. So normally you would have more time to spend the currency. However they just wiped all of our GA stats, so there is currently no record that we ever made it to any league at all.

I'll agree that it would have been nice to have the wipe scheduled closer to the start of the new GAC, and not just pop up randomly. Since there was no GAC on the schedule beforehand, there was no reason to assume that currency needed to be spent immediately.
  • CamaroAMF wrote: »
    The one week gives you an opportunity to spend the currency you got.

Hard to spend them when you have 3/4 of the shop closed
  • Therion wrote: »
    Leagues aren't reset at the end of each GAC, they're reset at the beginning of each new one. So normally you would have more time to spend the currency. However they just wiped all of our GA stats, so there is currently no record that we ever made it to any league at all.

I'll agree that it would have been nice to have the wipe scheduled closer to the start of the new GAC, and not just pop up randomly. Since there was no GAC on the schedule beforehand, there was no reason to assume that currency needed to be spent immediately.

I didnt even think about that. Wish they wouldve thought ahead on that one. Shouldn't be surprised though lol
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    CamaroAMF wrote: »

The "review period" after the last GA was a full week, during which you could have spent your GAC. Nothing was reset until after that week ended.
  • Liath wrote: »

The "review period" after the last GA was a full week, during which you could have spent your GAC. Nothing was reset until after that week ended.

And now we have a shop refreshing with gear we can't buy because its locked out right now. This really isnt that complicated.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

And now we have a shop refreshing with gear we can't buy because its locked out right now. This really isnt that complicated.

Neither is the post you responded to with "what do you mean," and appeared to still not understand, which is why I was explaining it to you.

Neither is the post you responded to with "what do you mean," and appeared to still not understand, which is why I was explaining it to you.

That's not the one you responded to so it threw me off. Theres just no reason for the majority of a store to be locked out. Carry it over until the next one. I dont think anyone would argue against that. Especially considering it does not seem we'll have one this month unless I missed an update
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

That's not the one you responded to so it threw me off. Theres just no reason for the majority of a store to be locked out. Carry it over until the next one. I dont think anyone would argue against that. Especially considering it does not seem we'll have one this month unless I missed an update

We will, there was a post about it yesterday. It starts in ~4 days.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member

@Liath nailed it. Honestly, I don’t know how anyone still has currency left. It doesn’t seem like a productive “hoarding” type of currency. I spent it while I could. Need that G13 asap 👌
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne

We will, there was a post about it yesterday. It starts in ~4 days.

Yeah saw that yesterday. Still makes no sense to lock out a majority of a shop though
    Fauztin wrote: »

@Liath nailed it. Honestly, I don’t know how anyone still has currency left. It doesn’t seem like a productive “hoarding” type of currency. I spent it while I could. Need that G13 asap 👌

Lots of things dont seem worthy of hoarding until they are. Remember when people screamed about eyeball salvage in raid rewards?
  • Since when is less than half a majority?
  • TVF
    36586 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Fauztin wrote: »

Personally, I spent all mine, but there's always a chance CG pulls a "just kidding" months down the road and we'll all be wishing we hoarded it. So I can understand why some people might be sitting on it.

With that said, if you're going to spend it, you have 5 full weeks to do so, then less than a week where you can't. Seems fine.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I don't see any good reason to lock items in the store like this. To all the people defending it, I just have to ask why? I can understand if you don't care because you spent all your currency, but that's not a logical explanation as to why it should be this way. This just feels like a huge screw up to me, and if it's intentional then that's just poor design.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I don't see any good reason to lock items in the store like this. To all the people defending it, I just have to ask why? I can understand if you don't care because you spent all your currency, but that's not a logical explanation as to why it should be this way. This just feels like a huge screw up to me, and if it's intentional then that's just poor design.

Presumably to incentivize you to try again in the next GAC to unlock the items again.
    I don't see any good reason to lock items in the store like this. To all the people defending it, I just have to ask why? I can understand if you don't care because you spent all your currency, but that's not a logical explanation as to why it should be this way. This just feels like a huge screw up to me, and if it's intentional then that's just poor design.

Presumably to incentivize you to try again in the next GAC to unlock the items again.

Earning championship tokens is not incentive enough? You can't spend what you don't have.
    Anyway, I was commenting more on the fact that items in the store are locked between GACs (like now), which is a different issue than some items being locked at the beginning of the GA until you reach a certain rank. To have the store refreshing items which absolutely no one can buy for a week before a GAC is nonsensical.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

Earning championship tokens is not incentive enough? You can't spend what you don't have.
    Anyway, I was commenting more on the fact that items in the store are locked between GACs (like now), which is a different issue than some items being locked at the beginning of the GA until you reach a certain rank. To have the store refreshing items which absolutely no one can buy for a week before a GAC is nonsensical.

You asked what the reason was. I gave you my theory. If they thought earning tokens was incentive enough then the items would never have been locked in the first place.

It's not clear if they are going to be locked before GA starts in the future. Right now they are locked because they reset everybody's points/results due to the fact that the prior GACs were exhibitions and we are now starting the real thing. It's really not that big a deal.
  • Glad we started GAC back up again so the shop can open back up. I guess that one week wasn't so bad since we got it back now. Lol