Who’s hyped for the new/reworked Clone Troopers?

Prev1
The clones were my first interest in this game after seeing they could do wonders in HAAT Raid.. now the HAAT Raid takes 20minutes lol

Anyone else keen?

Replies

• Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    I’m very interested in whether we will see a Bad Batch Squad release and how coordinated it will be with the new CW season coming out. I would LOVE a Delta Squad, but I just don’t think it’s gonna happen 😭
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • I think it will be Clones of the 212Attack or even of the 501st Legion....so curious to see what happens.
    But neverthanless we need a rework of Secura / Ima Gun Di / Kit Fisto and Eeth Koth
  • Clone wars is far and away the best video media we have so yeah I'm pumped! Though I'll likely have to wait to max everything out
  • Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    No, i am not. They will be B+ or A- toons ... which eat gear and thats it.
    Will have some Bonus in LS Geo ... but in real swgoh they will be a TW/Gw defensive team but no Arena meta. Yes, nice clones, nice clowns. Or they will have some sort of bug like the Geo bugs being killed at g13 by jawas with g10. This will and is not fixed due to cg main sabathical lasting until game is dead. I am very bored and pessimistic due to recycled skin content, non-addressing of the many gaming issues .... that is for sure.

I'm very happy that arena isn't the only thing that matters in the game and find ga the most entertaining part of the game. So another good team to strategize and plan for in gac is great!

I'm just stuck working on sep droids, galactic republic, bugs now (because my main focus was gearing and hoarding for Malak for my arena team....I'm so relieved to finally have him, drop all the stored gear I had for him, let him sit 5*g11 for months while I can farm and gear my other teams now)
  • Sevshazam
    13 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Clones were the first team I took to G12. Ive been awaiting this day for a long time. All the nightmares of trying to get them to work in arena for 12 months forever ago and getting solod by a zKylo all the time will hopefully be erased. Im just hoping that the rework makes them viable and not just some new toon they rely on. And now Im feeling nostalgia for better times when you could run clones and random comps and actually reach top 100 instead of just revan mirrormatches.

Or zbariss. Who else has nightmares of trying to get a zbariss to even below 75% hp using clones?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Not really hyped. They will probably be needed for LS Geo TB, which means more work to do. And I don't have the Geos done yet.
  • Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    Will have some Bonus in LS Geo ... but in real swgoh they will be a TW/Gw defensive team but no Arena meta. Yes, nice clones, nice clowns. Or they will have some sort of bug like the Geo bugs being killed at g13 by jawas with g10. This will and is not fixed due to cg main sabathical lasting until game is dead. I am very bored and pessimistic due to recycled skin content, non-addressing of the many gaming issues .... that is for sure.

Wow, Captain Buzz Kill here.
    "He's no good to me dead"
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Would have preferred almost any other faction. Boring gear hogs
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • SylForge006
    138 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    Then stop playing boy.

I myself am extremely excited for the clones + GR Jedi reworks. Clones were my first 5 characters taken to G12 and while they aren't very useful - they're very fun to me and are some of my favorite characters.
  • Meh... I don’t really care about any upcoming rework, clone or otherwise. The crowdsourced beta testing on CG’s updates is getting really old.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Love Clone Wars series. Its my favorite. I'm hyped. Really looking forward to GR Jedi and Clone reworks.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    So on the Epic Confrontation thing - Ive been racking my brain to come up with what it could be. Best guesses are:

The Arena Battle from Movie
    Landing At Point Rain Episode Arc to get Ki Adi Mundi
    Domino squad fight where Heavy is involved
    Darkness on Umbara Arc where clones fight with and against Pong Krell. This involves the 501st and maybe would get/require Dogma Hardcase and reward Krell.

The Umbara thing would be the most Epic of those IMHO.

EDIT: Could be Kamino training arc ending in Droid attack where 5s and Echo get promoted to Arc Troopers.
    Post edited by VonZant on
  • I have a g11+5 zzShaak-Ti and g11/12 clones. So yes.
  • JediMindTricks
    1077 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I’m not. I grew up watching episodes 4/5/6. By the time I knew about clones I was too old to watch cartoons.

That being said I’m sure I’ll have to gear mine soon. CG is good and making us gear something most people never use in order to get something we need to use in order to be competitive and progress our rosters.

Still can’t believe there’s no Jedi Luke in this game.
  • Prob have a 5K USD backlog of gear needed for geos/GR/Sith empire/Sep droids so sure... add clones to the favourites list
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I’m not. I grew up watching episodes 4/5/6. By the time I knew about clones I was too old to watch cartoons.

That being said I’m sure I’ll have to gear mine soon. CG is good and making us gear something most people never use in order to get something we need to use in order to be competitive and progress our rosters.

You are never too old to watch cartoons sir. ;)

I mean, this is all care bears and Mr. Rodgers, right?

https://youtu.be/7PcmoPz82xw
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I love clones. Spent a lot of money getting them up and running for tank raid. I hope their reworks are great.

Edit: always hyped for clones.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator

Times have changed

Cartoons don’t have age limits
  • All about that clone life m26tpwuqgqsi.png
  • Super psyched!!! Also, hoping Rex L doesn't get nerfed :astonished:
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Zmeu wrote: »
    All about that clone life m26tpwuqgqsi.png

You have 4 of the 5 g13, and the one you don't is Rex?
  • thedrjojo wrote: »
    Zmeu wrote: »

I geared them as I had the gear Rex was just unlucky that he was behind on g12+. He might be getting his leadership nerfed so I wasn’t in a huge rush to finish him, but he is next 🙂
    thedrjojo wrote: »

I geared them as I had the gear Rex was just unlucky that he was behind on g12+. He might be getting his leadership nerfed so I wasn’t in a huge rush to finish him, but he is next 🙂

We can always hope it won't be nerfed🙏
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    I expect they'll be like the Geos - strong team but not meta-worthy - so since I'm not a particularly big fan of them as characters I'm pretty lukewarm about it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I thought Clones **** in Rebels, Clone Wars series, the movies, etc... Nothing ever made me like them. Then again though, there was 1 cool episode that was centered around Rex, Cody, so on... where they had to take back a clone outpost that droids took over. I think Clone sergeant went down in a firefight

Aka, he hit dear ole granny’s credit limit. Currently has her ‘77 Coupe DeVille at PayDay Advance getting an assessment.

r6zd58jqi30h.jpeg

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Zmeu
    5 posts Member
    edited August 2019

Aka, he hit dear ole granny’s credit limit. Currently has her ‘77 Coupe DeVille at PayDay Advance getting an assessment.

r6zd58jqi30h.jpeg

Taking donations to help ole granny get her car out
  • Jack1210
    771 posts Member
    edited August 2019

C'mon man. If you're playing this game you're not too old for cartoons. Plus the later seasons of Clone Wars were on Adult Swim.....
  • Jack1210 wrote: »

C'mon man. If you're playing this game you're not too old for cartoons. Plus the later seasons of Clone Wars were on Adult Swim.....

If you like Star Wars you have to give Clone Wars a go, no matter the age. The series gets darker and mature as it goes on. in Season 1 they were just finding their footing. It's worth it.