Who’s hyped for the new/reworked Clone Troopers?

2Next

Replies

• They're gonna be reworked for TB so not particularly excited
  • Potato211
    473 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Sitting at Gear XI with the Clones and IX with Shaak-Ti i can say that my body is ready. I started working on them in March of this year, right around the time when i picked my Level 37 account back up. And they have proven really useful in most of the stuff i've thrown them to (Squad Arena is a constant battle tho)

c9ryw36pl00d.png
  • Shamanas
    63 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    As someone who gave cody his zeta, yes I'm hyped allright. +rex one of the coolest characters in star wars.
  • I am excited to see what other members of the 501st are added. Rex, Echo, and Fives need their synergy with Tup, Dogma, Hardcase or Jesse and Anakin -crossing fingers.

rkek0fk46k4j.jpeg
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Not really hyped. They will probably be needed for LS Geo TB, which means more work to do. And I don't have the Geos done yet.

For mid-range GP guilds, it's probably best to focus on one Geo TB, either LS or DS, and alternate with Hoth TB for more GE tokens so everyone can finish their Hoda and Wampa.

• Ready! Hopefully Rex gets a zeta. Hope all do to mirror bounty hunters to some degree. They seem like a time-out squad though unless their damage is improved. Maybe they will get some kind of deathmark mechanic
  • This is how it’s done. 3zdvj8t9rwc3.png
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    @EpsilonRhoMew , I’m tempted to question your logical reasoning to rationalize bringing clones up to G13 before the DRM team... or Geo Bugs team... or JKR team... or GG Droids team... or Padme team... I can see why you’d do clones over pretty everyone else though, since LS Geo TB will eventually need them.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    No, i am not. They will be B+ or A- toons ... which eat gear and thats it.
    Will have some Bonus in LS Geo ... but in real swgoh they will be a TW/Gw defensive team but no Arena meta. Yes, nice clones, nice clowns. Or they will have some sort of bug like the Geo bugs being killed at g13 by jawas with g10. This will and is not fixed due to cg main sabathical lasting until game is dead. I am very bored and pessimistic due to recycled skin content, non-addressing of the many gaming issues .... that is for sure.

They are getting more chars so maybe they will be decent
  • Pass for me
  • Do what you like and not what other people demand of you! Otherwise why play this game? Do you play for someone else or do you play for yourself?
  • Well, clones are about 6th on my list of teams to gear. So, I'm as excited as I can be to gear a team 4 months from now.
  • I always liked the hard-luck, high-spirit nature of the clones. “Give it your all even if we’re doomed anyway!” Classic suffering heroes. I hope the rework brings more - especially damage-wize -than what Shaak Ti gives because they’ll still fail at this point.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    Zmeu wrote: »
    All about that clone life m26tpwuqgqsi.png

You have 4 of the 5 g13, and the one you don't is Rex?

Shaak Ti is likely going to be the better leader anyway. Rex can easily find a home elsewhere leading misfit, tagless, or plug&play characters.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »

Shaak Ti is likely going to be the better leader anyway. Rex can easily find a home elsewhere leading misfit, tagless, or plug&play characters.

I have a bad feeling they are going to nerf his lead.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    VonZant wrote: »

Nerf his lead? It's not that good of a lead to nerf. Other than updating it to make it more relevant I can't imagine it being changed for the worse.

Oh wow! I just realized a Rex lead would be really really good in front of a Jawa TD team against defending Genosians. Mod the team for Defense, Health, Tenacity, and speed on Nebit, JE, and JS, and drop out either Datcha or Jawa. With enough tenacity and tenacity up, Nebit might resist the buff dispel and perhaps G Spy's Silent Strike. I would drop Datcha, in case Spy tries to Silent Strike Jawa he might evade it. Nebit would be getting tons of TM from the crits he would take, allowing his heal over time buff to actually do something for once. It could work. I'm gonna try it! And no, I'm not joking.
    Post edited by Mephisto_style on
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »

Nerf his lead? It's not that good of a lead to nerf. Other than updating it to make it more relevant I can't imagine it being changed for the worse.

Its one of the best general leads in the game. Until Revan came out he showed up in arena lead for about 2 years in one form or another.
  • I’m confused why so many people say they aren’t excited because “harrumph they aren’t gonna be arena meta”. Yeah? There’s like 2 arena meta teams per year, are you really going to tell me you could care less about all other content?

How do you people enjoy this game?

Of course I’m excited. I’ve had these guys inflating my GP since the early days of the HAAT, most of them G11 with a couple G12s and yknow what - I’d be incredibly happy if they become a GA squad that’s as effective as the Geonosians. The bugs can wreck teams of way higher gear tiers with better mods.
  • I am looking forward to it! I love my clones. I really hope they make the debuff on Echo's grenade unavoidable, because it's mostly trash and misses most of the time. With a 4 turn reset, I'm not a fan. While I have no problem wrecking a Bastilla led team, it'd be nice if I could dispell her and GMY's ridiculous line of little green boxes more consistently.
  • I’m confused why so many people say they aren’t excited because “harrumph they aren’t gonna be arena meta”. Yeah? There’s like 2 arena meta teams per year, are you really going to tell me you could care less about all other content?

How do you people enjoy this game?

Of course I’m excited. I’ve had these guys inflating my GP since the early days of the HAAT, most of them G11 with a couple G12s and yknow what - I’d be incredibly happy if they become a GA squad that’s as effective as the Geonosians. The bugs can wreck teams of way higher gear tiers with better mods.

This. People only care about Arena because of the crystal income. Take those rewards and move them to GAC and no one will play Arena anymore. I love my Shaak Ti / Clone teams do well against other teams in TW, GAC, and kitchen sink HSTR.
  • @Nothingface
    Well, clones are about 6th on my list of teams to gear. So, I'm as excited as I can be to gear a team 4 months from now.

This.

It's not that I'm not interested to see what they do with them, but I have to gear Geos to g13, Sep droids to g12 (that's probably okay as long as Grievous is g13, which mine already is), Dooku to G13 (currently g10, but zeta'd), and my Sith Empire squad to at least g12 (currently zzzDR is g12 +5, zBadstila and HK are g11+5, Malak isn't activated and Marauder is g7).

With B2 and Sun Fac both still at g8, Marauder and Malak still needing basically all the gear, this is a lot of work. I never bothered to activate Shaak Ti either, since my clones were g8-g9 at the time (they're all g9 with a couple g10 now).

Is it cool when new characters get introduced? Sure, as long as the new characters themselves are good. Introducing garbage just to have something new isn't any fun. Do I judge "garbage" by Arena viability? No, of course not. I judge them based on fun and the ability to craft interesting, new strategies that engage the mind in creative exercise. Is it possible that the new clones will do that? Yeah, sure. In fact I think the game is generally getting better at this over time.

But there's nothing super exciting about the faction itself that makes me excited before I even see character kits. And since I'm not going to be able to use them for ages b/c of gearing lead times, there's just ... nothing to get excited about yet.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    @MasterSeedy The good news is Maurader is one of the easiest toons in the entire game to gear.

But on the rest of them - I don't know about the rest of you but my stockpiles are hurting. I think this is part of their intent. Drain gear and zeta and crystal stockpiles before the next meta. And the easiest way to do that is to rework old unused toons that 90% of people dont have geared. Gearing ENTIRE TEAMS of OR, SE, Padme, Seps, and soon probably Clones and GR Jedi in such a short time period is the most massive time-compressed gear crunch that I can ever recall.

As excited as I am for clones and GR Jedi to get reworks and possibly new toons, I just have to put them on the back burner and slow farm them and start saving gear for the next meta.
  • @VonZant

That's great news on Marauder.

Other than Sun Fac I've also made great progress on geos (1 x g12, 3 x g11) so that nightmare ends sooner rather than later.

Maybe I'll gear Marauder in between Geos and Droids, since it's easy. That would make gearing Malak more worth an early gear priority, what with the chance at a full squad.

But yeah, what you said about the extreme gear drain ("the most massive time-compressed gear crunch that I can ever recall"). Fortunately OR is done, GR is done except Ahsoka (g11) and Padme (g9+5, waiting on a stun gun, but I have the g10 kyrotech already waiting).

But there's nothing in the bank for Malak or anyone else. It's just been a massive resource drain.
  • Enas_Yorl wrote: »

The point is ... in Arena once you are able to enter a shard .... it is not anonymous any more. You will talk, chat, learn and have a complete other view on Swgoh.
    While in GA or GAC it is VERY anonymous as you only meet once.

Actually, I met someone through GAC and I ended up joining their guild and I love it. I have never spoken to anyone in my shard - we just have mini-rivalries to be honest. Whereas I almost always wish my opponent good luck in GA.