Fix omega crunch

Prev1
Has anyone ever gotten an omega from cantina battles? I maybe have gotten one or two since omegas have first come out.

I’ve seen a lot of posts claiming that zetas are easier to get than omegas now and I think a quick fix ( the CG way) would be to just bump up the omega drop rate in cantina!!! Not sure what the current is but it has to be around 0.001%

Replies

• Options
    It s only an issue for the newish players i believe
  • TVF
    36594 posts Member
    Options

What.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

If by newish players you mean all players in the game...then sure?
  • Options
    Has anyone ever gotten an omega from cantina battles? I maybe have gotten one or two since omegas have first come out.

I’ve seen a lot of posts claiming that zetas are easier to get than omegas now and I think a quick fix ( the CG way) would be to just bump up the omega drop rate in cantina!!! Not sure what the current is but it has to be around 0.001%

Something like that, it’s laughably low and they’ve said as such. I can’t remember the post but they were added as a “surprise” kind of thing to the reward drops. Not to be expected ever, but appreciated when they did drop.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

What.

Must live under a rock. Even I know what kind of crunch omegas can be.
  • TVF
    36594 posts Member
    Options
    I mean, the answer is always the same for any crunch. Manage your resources, apply them strategically. Even buy omegas from fleet if you need them worse than zetas.
  • Options
    While farming Brood Alpha the other day one dropped. I had to laugh because you see this type of thread pop up at least 2-3 times per month. They DO drop, just not as often as blue moons.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options

What.

I think he was talking about it being a problem for everyone. Not just new players. Everyone feels the omega crunch. It be real
  • TVF
    36594 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

What.

I think he was talking about it being a problem for everyone. Not just new players.

Except he said the opposite of that.

I just don't know if it was sarcasm or not.
  • Options
    I used to see it as a crunch, but after looking at it realistically, it was only my lust for instant gratification that formed my thoughts.

The reality is this-
    Even for a midgame player (level 75), and especially for endgamers, the omegas add up super fast. You are guaranteed at least 2 a day, my average being closer to 3.

For the sake of math, lets says 2 a day. It also takes me about 2 weeks to collect a full 20 zeta mats. In that time I have collected at least 28 omegas as well. That is absolute worse case.
    So, every two weeks I can zeta ability a character, and have about 15 mats remaining, allowing for 3 full omega abilities.

That's pretty fast honestly.
  • TVF
    36594 posts Member
    Options
    How are you guaranteed 2 omegas a day? Are you buying 1 a day from fleet?
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I dont know i have maybe 75% of my characters already fully omegaed

I even had time to omega all 3 tuskens
  • Options

What.

I think he was talking about it being a problem for everyone. Not just new players.

I meant you lol. He said newish players and you said “what?”. As in you’re questioning that veteran players actually don’t feel the same omega crunch. Unless I’m misreading what you meant lol.

But yeah I think the best thing to do would be guarantee an omega when completing galactic war and guarantee an omega when completing the fleet challenges. So it would increase your income by a guaranteed 13 a week. That’s not a lot but would help players out tremendously without harming CG’s bottom line. IMO that is
  • Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    There’s more of an issue with stun guns. Omegas are supposed to be a bit harder to get so we don’t start maxing out every characters abilities. Stun guns on the other hand are needed at such low gear levels, that we definitely need more access to them

They should add stun guns to TW rewards among with cuffs, holo projectors and carbantis.
  • Slippyfist
    382 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    How are you guaranteed 2 omegas a day? Are you buying 1 a day from fleet?

I was wondering the same thing! One a day is guaranteed from daily challenges, but a second one?
  • TVF
    36594 posts Member
    Options

What.

I meant you lol. He said newish players and you said “what?”. As in you’re questioning that veteran players actually don’t feel the same omega crunch. Unless I’m misreading what you meant lol.

What?

No.

He said only new players feel a crunch. I'm questioning that statement.
  • Options
    You get like 20 stun guns a day from crystals. What's the crunch lol
  • Options
    As a longtime player, I have felt the omega crunch, but now I’m basically applying them from the top down to toons I don’t use.
  • Options
    Stop trying to Omega every character and you will be fine. Yes they are a limiting factor but that's how the game works. You don't get everything up front.
  • Options
    I finally hit the omega crunch after leveling the bugs. Wiped me out and since Malak and Padme came back, I’m having trouble restocking.
  • Options
    This is exactly the same argument as the gold ball salvage.

Everyone who claims that it is impossible to run low on those items simply hasn’t reached the point when it happens yet.

Same with omegas.

As for @Rekrn123 ‘s advice, that’s great. My last 3 character unlocks were GBA, Padme and Malak. You’re quite right, I won’t bother sticking omegas on them.
  • Options
    I never used to complain about omegas, I felt that as long as I was strategic I got enough to place the omegas that mattered. Not all that I wanted but the ones I needed.

But since they increased the number of Zetas we get in the ship challenge that's changed, now so many omegas are used up with applying Zetas that it's really hard to even apply omegas to any abilities as the balance is out.

Sure you can still apply omegas as before but then you will be sitting with Zetas and no omegas to apply it.
  • Options
    Ruivussan wrote: »
    As a longtime player, I have felt the omega crunch, but now I’m basically applying them from the top down to toons I don’t use.

Going to take a wild guess here - happy for you to correct me if I’m wrong @Ruivussan

At 5.1M GP but only 62 zetas, I reckon you must be sitting on a sizeable stash of zeta mats. 60+? But if a new toon dropped that needed 3 zetas instantly, would you have the spare omegas to equip them? Bear in mind you’d need more than just the 13 per zeta, as all their non zeta abilities need omegas too.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Omegas have always been a bottleneck, but definitely one of the more manageable ones. There are very few omegas that are must have or "make or break a team"

The most recent change to the ship challenge, will now raise the question more, as omegas are a huge part of the decision to zeta and could be used up quickly if the player is not paying close attention.

Only time will tell as this plays out.
  • Options

When farming a 16 energy char and using all the 100 crystal Cantina energy refreshes I occasionally get 2 in a week.
  • Options

What.

What?

No.

He said only new players feel a crunch. I'm questioning that statement.

Yeah that’s exactly what I meant lol.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Omegas have always been a bottleneck, but definitely one of the more manageable ones. There are very few omegas that are must have or "make or break a team"

The most recent change to the ship challenge, will now raise the question more, as omegas are a huge part of the decision to zeta and could be used up quickly if the player is not paying close attention.

Only time will tell as this plays out.

Eh...they’ve been pretty bad at alleviating old bottlenecks once new ones come along. Omegas the most in my opinion.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Options
    @Ravens1113 , heads up, please don’t double-post in a row anymore. If you want to add additional content to your post, there’s an edit button, and it’s possible to quote different people in the same post.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne