Older gear

Can someone explain how kyrotech eases up the older gear crunch? I'm not sure I follow the logic. Was this all gaslighting? I only ask cause that old gear; still a bottleneck.

Replies

• Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    It doesn’t

The logic is that instead of assigning a stun gun to a toon at g10 they will just replace that gear with kyrotech; Hence less is needed of the old bottleneck gear

But we still have the same old bottleneck gear required to progress toons on top of kyrotech which is harder and more expensive than the gear it’s trying to replace
  • It does ease the bottleneck slightly but not as much as was originally portrayed.
    If every character needed 3 stunguns, they may now only need 1 or 2, and the other 'stungun' or gear piece being replaced becomes the new kyrotech piece.
    So, moving forward, you will require less stunguns (assumed) but still earn the same amount of them, thus 'easing' the gear crunch.
    However, only being able to get kyrotech pieces by directly farming or purchasing for crystals undermines any degree of 'ease' that we've been given and instead can be interpreted as undermining the stockpiles of older gear that some people were hoarding for future metas.
    Yes you can buy kyrotech from the GET2 store but this is inefficient imo and the GAC store doesnt count as it is circumstantial and the amount of currency you get is very poor (just my take on it)

Tl;dr it does and it doesnt, that's the take away.
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    DHudson wrote: »
    Can someone explain how kyrotech eases up the older gear crunch? I'm not sure I follow the logic. Was this all gaslighting? I only ask cause that old gear; still a bottleneck.

LOL. Technically it does ease up the older gear crunch, since the character wouldnt need the same gear that the other 100 characters need, like 300 stun guns, yet the same toons will still ask for the 200 stun cuffs and 250 syringes aka shaak ti. Or how malak still wants 200 stun guns, 200 carbantis, and 500 kyrotech gear.

It didnt come to ease the farm, it came to give more money to CG
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Technically they were right when they said that it would ease up the old crunches a bit, but that doesn’t make what they did right, lol. They need more ways to get kyrotechs, I’m not farming from a node for every new toon to just get to G9.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    the most disgusting bait and switch they've ever pulled imo. what a joke.

hey, tired of working two jobs for 80hrs a week? we got you, now you only have to work one job. oh, it's 85 hours a week at 75% of the pay. you're...welcome...??

thanks so much, cg
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Simple math. Kyrotech’s 10% drop rate + stun gun 20% drop rate is better than only stun drop rate for more pieces???

We’re not getting more energy or crystals to get any pieces of gear, so all it does is change the bottleneck (and with lower drop rates make it worse).
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    It doesn't. They lie to us because they think we're unintelligent. If, instead of 1000 carbantis, a character requires 950 carbantis and 400 kyros then it didn't get easier. Especially since everyone now requires an additional 100 kyros in the gear 12 finisher. Adding 200-400 kyros at low levels is just a whale tax to new toons, and a way to raise the height of the paywall to prevent F2P players from being able to hoard. I actually don't mind the 100 kyros in the gear 12 finishers. But I curse, and spit, and get angry when I see the hundreds I'll need for Shaak Ti. Kyros are the reason she is still level 1/gear 1 right now.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    It doesn't. They lie to us because they think we're unintelligent. If, instead of 1000 carbantis, a character requires 950 carbantis and 400 kyros then it didn't get easier. Especially since everyone now requires an additional 100 kyros in the gear 12 finisher. Adding 200-400 kyros at low levels is just a whale tax to new toons, and a way to raise the height of the paywall to prevent F2P players from being able to hoard. I actually don't mind the 100 kyros in the gear 12 finishers. But I curse, and spit, and get angry when I see the hundreds I'll need for Shaak Ti. Kyros are the reason she is still level 1/gear 1 right now.

And Shark Tea doesn't make clones amazing. Nest wipes them.
  • If they actually wanted to ease the gear crunch they would have simply lowered the cost across the board of the g7- g11 gated gear, or made it more abundant/easier to get.

Instead they shifted the crunch, and added mk5 droid callers to be part of g12 finishers.

Content update 3/25/2019:
    "Our goal is to diversify high value gear, while lowering the need for prior high value gear"

Unfortunately this does not translate to ease the crunch. Seeing what kyrotech salvage costs this actually means increase the gear crunch.

They did however lower the overall costs of g12 gear which was nice.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Like I said, technically it eases the carb bottleneck because we need less. Overall it’s rougher though. They really try and get us with those technicalities.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    They block the slots which would otherwise have older gear, you can't complete them easily, since you don't reach the next gear tier to spend more old gera, old gear bottleneck is eased.
  • Look at Padme
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/padme-amidala/gear-list/

Still requires 250 stun guns, 250 cuffs, 200 eyeballs, and 200 carbanti, and 250/150 of the new gear.

Malak isn't much better, although didn't feel painful to get him g11, but I have been hoarding for 3 months
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/darth-malak/gear-list/

200 stun guns (but only 100 to get to g11+4), 200 carbanti (also only 100 for 11+4), and the rest is actually a reasonable mix of high level gear. Compare this to Jkr

https://swgoh.gg/characters/jedi-knight-revan/gear-list/

Who needs 400 carbanti.

If they made the new pieces in guild store and as a raid reward I think no one would complain about this and it would be wai, but having them in get2 and gac stores alone makes them feel like an additional bottle neck.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    They added some gear into the Padme event to offset what they said was a mistake with some of that required gear.

Brood Alpha was a rare bone they threw us. No Kyro until the G12 finisher and generally easy gear until G11.

Doesn't change the fact that the Kyro did not ease anything.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    They added some gear into the Padme event to offset what they said was a mistake with some of that required gear.

Brood Alpha was a rare bone they threw us. No Kyro until the G12 finisher and generally easy gear until G11.

I cannot believe this but I agree with him for the first time
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator

”mistake” 😉
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

”mistake” 😉

"What they said" ;);)
  • I just buy them with the free crystals I get each day. Obviously I don't get 1400 a day :P But I don't need very many kryotechs, and the only thing I bought before was raid gear--but you don't need all that much of that after a point, either.

Now, that said, at the moment it's alright. But if every new character coming out from here on out needs a couple, then it's a problem. But, as I said, for now it's alright.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • DHudson wrote: »
    It's like: if you have a headache and you shoot yourself in your foot, you probably won't feel the headache anymore...
  • Simple math. Kyrotech’s 10% drop rate + stun gun 20% drop rate is better than only stun drop rate for more pieces???

We’re not getting more energy or crystals to get any pieces of gear, so all it does is change the bottleneck (and with lower drop rates make it worse).

Well there was massive increase to fleet energy redgen rate and a lot of gear 12 pieces added to fleet nodes. So your statement is innacurate.

Well there was massive increase to fleet energy redgen rate and a lot of gear 12 pieces added to fleet nodes. So your statement is innacurate.

Ahh, that’s why I’m gearing new characters faster...because my statements are inaccurate. I knew there was something missing in there.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    "We’re not getting more energy or crystals to get any pieces of gear"

That's the part that was inaccurate.
  • Ravenclaws wrote: »
    They did however lower the overall costs of g12 gear which was nice.

Temporarily. Don't forget that.