Shaak Ti Farming???

Replies

• H_B0MBZ wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Wait and see.

That said, the fleet table still needs populating, especially with them recently doubling the amount of fleet energy we get. Expect a lot of fleet releases.

I swear if they add her to ships, I will be ****. I am still farming B1, Nest and ETA ship... ugh

I have been playing for 3 years I really feel for those who just started. They will never catch up EVER.
    Well if someone is just starting, they're not expected to "catch up" to players who have been playing consistently for years... that's just not realistic unless you've got boatloads of cash to spend. This is why shards is a thing, where they are matched along with others who have joined in the same time period.

Also, aside from a handful of older important squads like, Phoenix and NS, and the specific toons required for hero's journey unlocks, these newer squads are way way better than the outdated ones we were using years ago. Unless you're a completionist, you're not missing anything by not having a zQGJ, zMaul, etc... squad... back when the ability descriptions were 1 short sentence that boosted 1 or 2 stats rather than 6 paragraphs.
  • @KausDebonair

Geo TB means no huge drops of IPD/ROLO shards once every 2 weeks. That's the biggest drop in Shard Shop currency. Others have mentioned Assault Battles as well, but the TB shards, that's a huge loss. for a long time to come (7* Wat on DS and whoever they put in the special battle on LS). As a guild, we've gotten like 5 total Wat Tambor shards, but we're working on it. A lot of us are working on getting just one or two more Geos up to 16.5k to qualify. I think we'll be hitting 40+ shards/TB in about two months, but that's still two months away, and only 80/month so 3 months once we start hitting that and then there's LS TB after that. It might be a year before we have a steady infusion of TB shards again.

The only thing that's saving me is that I'm on my very last Cantina farm (Aurra Sing), and she's at 70+/100. In 3 days I won't have any farms left in Cantina at all and I can bank 300 crystals/day that I'm currently spending. This can buy gear that I'm not getting from the Shard Shop.

@everyoneelse

Whether new toons get dropped in fleet, Cantina, or Hard nodes, I'll have plenty of spare crystals to rush the farm. What I don't have is spare gear, what with the 47 and a half stun guns I still need for my geo and Sep droids, and then the 87 more I need for GalReps to get ready for LS Geo TB.

So, yeah. They can make the farm slow if they want. I'll still be farming faster than most other people by refreshing energy and/or nodes. And stretching out the farming just means that I have more time between toons to build up gear.

I'm not worried.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    H_B0MBZ wrote: »
    Wait and see.

That said, the fleet table still needs populating, especially with them recently doubling the amount of fleet energy we get. Expect a lot of fleet releases.

I swear if they add her to ships, I will be ****. I am still farming B1, Nest and ETA ship... ugh

Yeah I too will be able to farm Shak Tii after I finish B1, Droideka, Badstilla, Juhani, canderous, Hounds tooth, Geo Alpha, carth, Nest, sion, ig2000, xandu, Bossk, dooku, and Aniken.

Yeah no matter where they put her I'm screwed.
    I have been playing for 3 years I really feel for those who just started. They will never catch up EVER.

There’s no such thing as “catching up.” Everyone on a shard starts in the same place

^this
  • Well, the only time where catching up is a thing is for players who leave the game for a long period of time and then come back and decide to keep their account.

I choose to do this after over 2 years of not playing and finish top 200 in my shard. I know that’s not spectacular but I think pretty good for that time off.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Kryptic wrote: »
    Well, the only time where catching up is a thing is for players who leave the game for a long period of time and then come back and decide to keep their account.

I choose to do this after over 2 years of not playing and finish top 200 in my shard. I know that’s not spectacular but I think pretty good for that time off.

Or catching up to the whales on your shard who paid to get into endgame faster.
  • I'm hoping today!!!
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    The extra fleet energy is only temporary.

Source?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    The extra fleet energy is only temporary.

Source?

The dev announcement. Look it up.
  • @TVF
    "There are a lot of changes going on below, and these changes are currently set to be temporary."

Right in the Gear 12 Farming Changes Dev Post.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    TVF
    "There are a lot of changes going on below, and these changes are currently set to be temporary."

Right in the Gear 12 Farming Changes Dev Post.

Thanks.

With that said, "currently" and "temporary" are both extremely flexible. Especially when the words are coming out of CG's mouth.
  • @TVF

Very true. We all remember "8-to-5 gate" from a few months ago.
  • Honestly, I'd rather see her go into a fleet node. Yes, there are a few fleet only farmable toons like Nest, Y.Lando, B1 and Carth, but that's not a lot when you look at how many toons are only farmable in other areas of the game.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Cantina node would be nice since I have nothing else to farm there other than shard currency really, and hard nodes take too long and need the energy for gear as well.
  • Ima gun di I think has 3 nodes. One has got to go sometime.
  • As of today, you can farm Shaak Ti in fleet battles 5A (Hard)
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    At least a fleet node isn't quite the death sentence it was before. At worst it's a 25 or 75 crystal tax per day. Cantina farms are 100, for a serious farm of either.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    TVF

Very true. We all remember "8-to-5 gate" from a few months ago.

The 3-to-5 increase was also originally slated to be "temporary" as were the 3rd cheap refreshes.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    "only temporary" herders are ignoring a bit of that sentiment
    15g9831i0qqt.png

and the fact that it applies to entirity of the changes and not just fleet energy halving. It's not akin to 5-8-5 hard nodes which was purely a compromise on cg's side. Above is the full quote, make what you will of it. I'm highly doubtful it's going back to how it was.
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    Wait and see.

Yeah I too will be able to farm Shak Tii after I finish B1, Droideka, Badstilla, Juhani, canderous, Hounds tooth, Geo Alpha, carth, Nest, sion, ig2000, xandu, Bossk, dooku, and Aniken.

There’s no such thing as “catching up.” Everyone on a shard starts in the same place

Unless you take a break for a while. Then you get behind and can't catch back up.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    15g9831i0qqt.png

and the fact that it applies to entirity of the changes and not just fleet energy halving. It's not akin to 5-8-5 hard nodes which was purely a compromise on cg's side. Above is the full quote, make what you will of it. I'm highly doubtful it's going back to how it was.

Honestly, I think the fleet energy changes are the most likely to be reverted from the bunch. The data will show that people use it to speed up their shard farms, which seems to be something they hate.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    cantina would be spectacular. lol people asking for fleet nodes. wut
    Right now, my cantina queue is a bit crowded but my fleet table queue is pretty open. I'm farming Eta-2, B1, and Lando, but I don't care about Lando so I could kick him out right now.

Fleet table wouldn't be pretty good for me.

Yea same. It still need so many toon from cantina but I’m only doing B1 right now and he is almost done. So it will be nice to move to something else
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Wait and see.

Unless you take a break for a while. Then you get behind and can't catch back up.

That's how this game works. It incentivizes daily play, so those who play every day get an advantage.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    15g9831i0qqt.png

Honestly, I think the fleet energy changes are the most likely to be reverted from the bunch. The data will show that people use it to speed up their shard farms, which seems to be something they hate.

Merely my impressions; -we'll see how it goes- is about the pace of g12+ing people does which they want to keep gated to some extend. When something goes beyond the pace of their plans, they can just invent a new thing, but that's not ideal as it makes people get disillusioned with the giant skinner's box we are in. Anyway, this energy change also caused almost I know to use their 50*3 daily on fleet whom didn't do 100s before, so it incentivised crystal spending there. The total gear farmability didn't increase by %100. The droprate for gear before was very close to %30 and it's now approx. %20, so it increased by %50 for the same amount of energy.

When they build hard events they need to maintain the perception -I would be able to get it if I was to spend a bit- (where the viability of that -bit- is subjective. People talk about these things as the only thing in existence is whales and f2p. Whales can spend whatever any event design takes though. It's everyone in between they want to drive to spend more than they would otherwise.

Right now folks I talk on servers some up with many types of speculations and what it would take to get there and naturally the focus is Shaak Ti. They are coming up with schemes to complete Shaak Ti in a month for a malak type event with a blend of fleet and shipment farming which takes a total of 16k crystal spending or so. Whether it has any merit or not, CG managed to build this fear and incentive.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Wait and see.

That's how this game works. It incentivizes daily play, so those who play every day get an advantage.

Yeah except not having anyway for returning players to catch back up isn't really a good business strategy.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Wait and see.

Yeah except not having anyway for returning players to catch back up isn't really a good business strategy.

starting over. how else should they "reward" players who took years off? and why would they?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Wait and see.

starting over. how else should they "reward" players who took years off? and why would they?

Because a returning player that has to start over just isn't going to return. There is a reason the vast majority of games out there reward returning players with special bonuses.