Looking for stat. data re: drop rates for different numbers of sims

I'm searching for a comparison of different simming methods to prove or falsify the notion that the number of sims affects the long-term drop rate. I know that such data is out there somewhere, and I'm pretty sure it has been linked in a previous thread. But I can't seem to find it via Google or the forum search. Does anyone have a link?

Replies

• I'm searching for a comparison of different simming methods to prove or falsify the notion that the number of sims affects the long-term drop rate. I know that such data is out there somewhere, and I'm pretty sure it has been linked in a previous thread. But I can't seem to find it via Google or the forum search. Does anyone have a link?
    Anyone who needs proof to falsify this notion will likely not believe the proof anyway.

As long as there are people who draw inference from minuscule data sets like the 12 sims they did that morning on a cantina node, there will always be tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorists making spurious claims about something they don’t understand.
  • I searched “drop rate tracking” on the forum.

These two threads contain robust data sets:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/196365/new-old-republic-characters-drop-rates-day-28-completed/p1

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/13492/drop-rate-tracking

The rest all contain incessant whining about the drop rate being lowered (which, if they were all true claims would mean the drop rate must be negative by now) and/or conclusions based on vague or pitifully small data.
  • JDIII wrote: »
    They say it’s the same, regardless if we do it in 2’s or 3’s, but it’s funny how it’s always set up where we can’t ever fully do it in 3’s. Always short that 1

It’s the same if you do it in 2s, 3s, 7s or 20s.

Do the max possible sims at every opportunity. It will make no difference to the outcome but save you heaps of time!
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    JDIII wrote: »
    They say it’s the same, regardless if we do it in 2’s or 3’s, but it’s funny how it’s always set up where we can’t ever fully do it in 3’s. Always short that 1

Do the max possible sims at every opportunity. It will make no difference to the outcome but save you heaps of time!
    I'm searching for a comparison of different simming methods to prove or falsify the notion that the number of sims affects the long-term drop rate. I know that such data is out there somewhere, and I'm pretty sure it has been linked in a previous thread. But I can't seem to find it via Google or the forum search. Does anyone have a link?

Just do whatever amount of sim you want, I do 7 sim per node as 7 is my lucky number DUH.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    max sims = max aggravation. 2 or 3 depending on node cost is obv best.*

*for me. not that it matters at all besides psychologically
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Drop rates have been tested and are consistently around 30%, but certain pieces such as Kry-O-Tech are lower.
  • Costino1 wrote: »
    Drop rates have been tested and are consistently around 30%, but certain pieces such as Kry-O-Tech are lower.

Not really... Something around 30%, Drops better than cuffs, guns OR carbantis.

That makes you miss the fun part of simming: expectation. "I was unlucky with the first 4 sims. Maybe I will be luckier now".
  • DadKev
    314 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Yeah keep pulling your data. Just like flipping a coin the more data you pull will change the drop rate. Flipping a coin will always be 1/2 and toon shards is always 1/3. No matter if you do it 12 times or 12 million times. It's confirmed to be the same. Stop wasting your time tracking it.

That makes you miss the fun part of simming: expectation. "I was unlucky with the first 4 sims. Maybe I will be luckier now".

“Fun” is a subjective concept. Maths is not. I miss nothing.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/196365/new-old-republic-characters-drop-rates-day-28-completed/p1

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/13492/drop-rate-tracking

The rest all contain incessant whining about the drop rate being lowered (which, if they were all true claims would mean the drop rate must be negative by now) and/or conclusions based on vague or pitifully small data.

Thanks a lot! The second link is exactly what I've been looking for. Simmed in groups of 2-3 and it's the same 1-in-3 chance give or take 1%.
  • Costino1 wrote: »
    Drop rates have been tested and are consistently around 30%, but certain pieces such as Kry-O-Tech are lower.
    False.

Shard drop rates are 33%.

Gear droprates are different and vary by piece type.

For Kryotechs, the drop rate is around 22%. Same for finishers.
    Still not a he.

Thanks a lot! The second link is exactly what I've been looking for. Simmed in groups of 2-3 and it's the same 1-in-3 chance give or take 1%.

You’re welcome. Sadly, there are many many forum users who will continue to claim otherwise.
  • It’s the same.

If you want to do it in small batches then knock yourself out, you’re not hurting anyone and life is hard so follow your bliss. But, if you do small batches, then don’t cone claiming it’s better because it’s demonstrably the same :)

For my money, the only time you should do less than the max is if:
    1) It’d take you above 600/600, get to 600 and then save the rest for after your guild activity resets.
    2) If you need 2-3 shards to finish the character, no sense in doing more than the number of shards you need.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • lolz
    89 posts Member
    I had calculated the drop rates for kyrotechs when g13 came. It gave me 21-22% when i counted over 400 tries in lots of 10. Dont remember the exact numbers but i remember the approx final drop rate and sample size.
  • Adamklark wrote: »
    33% is false (to me at least), I tested since veterans came, and actual droprate is 25-28%,it decreases as you get closer to 7 stars (character shards ofc)

No it isn't and no it doesn't.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.