Early GAC start for no reason

Prev1
Wasn't the GAC start scheduled for the 19th? Don't care it's register phase, GAC started today basically. But hey, at least it's in August, right? Wouldn't mind if you guys clearly post what starts and when. GAC register phase = 18th. GAC Defense phase = 19th.

Replies

• Sometimes it feels that there are different branches inside CG. One decide the dates in game, the other announces the dates. Sometimes they don't talk at all.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    What? Lol.

Exactly my thoughts when I logged in today
  • Yerff_Caasi
    736 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    EDIT: nvm, I was complaining about something that's apparently a bug, not WAI. :p
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • What's most annoying to me is that GAC started today, even though it was supposed to be tomorrow, but you can't start working on the feats until tomorrow. I did a fleet battle and it didn't count toward the feat. I'm just glad I didn't buy a refresh for that...

So basically nothing is really working as intended. Surprise!
  • And yeah, that fleet feat is counting the wrong arena as well. Great fix so far in gac
  • Yeah, just did a fleet arena battle and it didn't count. Squad arena did. Looks promising. We'll need some more beta testers for the attack phase though.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I mean, it could be as simple as them putting the wrong text in, rather than an actual bug...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I mean, it could be as simple as them putting the wrong text in, rather than an actual bug...

Oh yeah, ofc. Wrong text, wrong portrait...makes absolute sense.
  • Kinda sucks for me that GAC starts a day earlier than I expected since I was going to reach 3.1M GP tomorrow and make it to div3, but now I’m stuck in div4.

Yeah, because it would totally make sense to unlock a portrait with the name "fleet commander" with the feat "fleet commander" by winning squad arena battles.
    More likely the text is correct but the configuration data for that feat is incorrect.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    Kinda sucks for me that GAC starts a day earlier than I expected since I was going to reach 3.1M GP tomorrow and make it to div3, but now I’m stuck in div4.

Then join tomorrow...

Additionally I think your division is determined when the mide starts (not just registering).

It looked like I was already locked into my division though, even before I joined.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    So let's see...
    Launched on the wrong day, with the first round of feats bugged. Soooo glad CG took a month + of our time with an "exhibition" to work out all the issues.

C'mon man. :|
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    So let's see...
    Launched on the wrong day, with the first round of feats bugged. Soooo glad CG took a month + of our time with an "exhibition" to work out all the issues.

I bet the glitch isnt patched
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Orleans wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Yeah, because it would totally make sense to unlock a portrait with the name "fleet commander" with the feat "fleet commander" by winning squad arena battles.

I don't understand this response.

There's two options, fleet and squad. We've seen both in GAC. Why is it hard to imagine them putting "fleet" in the text when they meant to do squad? It's not like they've ever made text mistakes before....

With that said, it certainly is reasonable to also assume it's a bug, so *shrug*.

EDIT: Guildmate tried the "go" button and it went to fleet so yeah it's obviously a bug.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    So let's see...

I can't tell if we are still in exhibition or not because there seems to be no difference
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    So let's see...

I can't tell if we are still in exhibition or not because there seems to be no difference

Yup except they went hush hush on rewards.mtndduizmm2w.jpg
  • sigsig
    234 posts Member
    I'm pretty sure they just listed the dates that GAC starts, not when the preview starts (like they normally do).
  • Pretty sure it started on the 19th for a good bit of the player base. That said, I'm pretty sure it was supposed to start on the 20th for me, which would still be 19th for a lotta people here (timezones, yay!).

And idk about the fleet bug. That truly sucks. Hope its fixed by the time I start my climb :)
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    sigsig wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they just listed the dates that GAC starts, not when the preview starts (like they normally do).

It specifically says the sign up phase starts on the 19th. The typical schedule also lists “preview phase”, although that was just TBD when it was released.

I know some people don’t care, but if anyone was planning on having a specific character/team ready for GA (such as all those gearing/starring Malak) 24 hours change with only 24 hours notice can be a huge deal.
  • I’m guessing the surprise was to keep peeps from playing down. Your division locked on launch. Doesn’t matter what you do between now and player lock, and there’s no leave and rejoin like TW.
    Orleans wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

I don't understand this response.

[...]

EDIT: Guildmate tried the "go" button and it went to fleet so yeah it's obviously a bug.

The reward for the Fleet feat includes a portrait called "Fleet Commanders" which shows Windu, Tarkin, and Ackbar.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Would be nice if we could get a version 2 of the portrait with Thrawn, Kenobi, and Grievous
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    So let's see...

Has anyone stopped to consider that they actually changed the release date (and EVERY release is always subject to change, people), so they could address things like this Feat Bug on a Monday?

They’ve made mistakes in the past launching on a Friday, or any time
    During the weekend), and now we finally get to see that it’s lining up to be on schedule with the start of the work week. This means they’ll be hands on Tm watch and make sure things work.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Fauztin wrote: »
    So let's see...

Has anyone stopped to consider that they actually changed the release date (and EVERY release is always subject to change, people), so they could address things like this Feat Bug on a Monday?

They’ve made mistakes in the past launching on a Friday, or any time
    During the weekend), and now we finally get to see that it’s lining up to be on schedule with the start of the work week. This means they’ll be hands on Tm watch and make sure things work.

Hopefully you're right. It occurred to me as well that it's the weekend. And whether the launch was intentional or not, at least they will be in to deal with it tomorrow.
  • so you are saying that they decided to change it to start on a sunday so they can use monday to fix bugs? That instead of starting on a monday to fix bugs anyway? Your logic is really solid
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    @Angelloyd , I guess I understand what you mean. Like, what’s the difference between starting Monday vs on a Sunday, where my points are more aimed at how it doesn’t start at the beginning of a weekend anymore. Personally, I just think having any problems arise prior to them starting on Monday is more efficienct. Otherwise the problems don’t get addressed until Tuesday.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne