Advice for new characters on an Empire team

Hello all,

I currently run a level 80 empire team with Krennic Lead, Deathtrooper , shoretrooper , magma trooper and royal guard. Recently, I am starting to think that the team may need a change, in particular with royal guard, although his stunts and buffs and high turn meter gains are also good . This team applies a ton of debuffs so I am considering Vader for an insane saner throw. However, despite my high level I am still not the best at this game and struggle to maintain my top 1000 arena rank. Any advice given will be appreciated on possible character changes.

Replies

• Mostly-Troopers aren’t the best option for arena at your stage, I think. Krennic isn’t the best lead for them, either.

If you want to stick with Troopers though, farm Veers for lead and Starck, and Range. Then run zVeers, zStarck, Range, Death, and Shore.

If you want to stick with pure Empire, go Palpatine lead, Vader, and I like Tarkin and Tie Fighter Pilot.

But I bet by the time you farm properly for Thrawn and Palp, let alone Veers, Starck, and Range, you’ll have much more openings to go with better squads.
  • Mostly-Troopers aren’t the best option for arena at your stage, I think. Krennic isn’t the best lead for them, either.

If you want to stick with Troopers though, farm Veers for lead and Starck, and Range. Then run zVeers, zStarck, Range, Death, and Shore.

If you want to stick with pure Empire, go Palpatine lead, Vader, and I like Tarkin and Tie Fighter Pilot.

But I bet by the time you farm properly for Thrawn and Palp, let alone Veers, Starck, and Range, you’ll have much more openings to go with better squads.

For my level currently, I can easily enter the top 1K, problem is staying. Also, arena currently is spammed with Phoenix teams and my current team doesn’t really have a problem with them, since I can ability block chopper and Kanans taunt and stop heras revive ability. Problem is royal guard giving two debuffs makes them recover a ton of health unless DT’s grenade gives them heal immunity. I’m also trying to farm Phoenix for thrawn and can’t focus on gearing a whole other trooper team. Instead I’m asking for which character will best replace Royal guard if necessary but thanks for the feedback 👍
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Go hard on thrawn, if you really want to keep running a true empire squad. It's true that troopers don't make a great arena squad, but death and shore under a thrawn squad amazing vs anything short of top meta squads. Tarkin and tfp are easy options to add.

Palp is another great lead, and vader under palp also works very well with the above toons as well. This also gives you sith options for the squad as well.

Bottom line, if you want to run empire, get palp and thrawn without a doubt.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Also, to answer your immediate question specifically about replacing RG, we'd need to know who else you have. Do you have a .gg account you can post?
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    Mostly-Troopers aren’t the best option for arena at your stage, I think. Krennic isn’t the best lead for them, either.

For my level currently, I can easily enter the top 1K, problem is staying. Also, arena currently is spammed with Phoenix teams and my current team doesn’t really have a problem with them, since I can ability block chopper and Kanans taunt and stop heras revive ability. Problem is royal guard giving two debuffs makes them recover a ton of health unless DT’s grenade gives them heal immunity. I’m also trying to farm Phoenix for thrawn and can’t focus on gearing a whole other trooper team. Instead I’m asking for which character will best replace Royal guard if necessary but thanks for the feedback 👍

You can put Imperial TIE Pilot instead of Royal Guard. Will give buff immunity to suppress the protection ups of Phoenix and hits a lot harder.
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • I
    Juzz wrote: »
    Mostly-Troopers aren’t the best option for arena at your stage, I think. Krennic isn’t the best lead for them, either.

You can put Imperial TIE Pilot instead of Royal Guard. Will give buff immunity to suppress the protection ups of Phoenix and hits a lot harder.

I also considered this as his buff immunity can also prevent taunts and tenacity down is useful and his unique is good. How good is his health and basic damage though ? Thanks for the suggestion as well as his AoE can ability block if worked with DT or Krennics AoE from Krennics lead 👍
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    @TrevorPhillphs , in the long-run you are going to want an EP led Vader team. You also could use an Imperial Trooper team. Krennic seems to be the odd-man out. As @KausDebonair said: EP Vader Tarkin TFP and a 5th. Lots use StormTrooper, but there are good arguments to be had for others. RG goes with EP's ship... tanks, heals, and debuffs to fit the EP lead. Counter team for lots. As @CCyrilS said, you need EP and Thrawn. Thrawn is your best 5th Empire.

Imp Troopers lots like Veers Stark Range Death and Shore. Great NS counter team.

Where you are at right now though, I completely agree with @Juzz to swap in TFP for RG. You need to overpower Phoenix. Don't give them time to pull their outlasting you shenanigans.

Kill order for Phoenix matters too. I have often found I can kill Ezra or Hera before my opponents even take a turn. 4 man fights are always easier. Especially with Phoenix.

If you have Veers unlocked, 2 days of leveling him at 4* and dropping a zeta on his lead is probably better than your Krennic. Also, a 5* EP lead with a zeta is the same.
  • TrevorPhillphs
    108 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    @TrevorPhillphs , in the long-run you are going to want an EP led Vader team. You also could use an Imperial Trooper team. Krennic seems to be the odd-man out. As @KausDebonair said: EP Vader Tarkin TFP and a 5th. Lots use StormTrooper, but there are good arguments to be had for others. RG goes with EP's ship... tanks, heals, and debuffs to fit the EP lead. Counter team for lots. As @CCyrilS said, you need EP and Thrawn. Thrawn is your best 5th Empire.

Imp Troopers lots like Veers Stark Range Death and Shore. Great NS counter team.

Where you are at right now though, I completely agree with @Juzz to swap in TFP for RG. You need to overpower Phoenix. Don't give them time to pull their outlasting you shenanigans.

Kill order for Phoenix matters too. I have often found I can kill Ezra or Hera before my opponents even take a turn. 4 man fights are always easier. Especially with Phoenix.

If you have Veers unlocked, 2 days of leveling him at 4* and dropping a zeta on his lead is probably better than your Krennic. Also, a 5* EP lead with a zeta is the same.

I agree for that for the long term plan that makes sense and I’m starting to farm Phoenix for the thrawn event in 2 days and eventually palpatine. Problem is farming, gearing etc so I’m just looking for a quick replacement for my current team. I agree TFP will be good as the prevention of bonus protection makes for easier kills.

However I currently see Krennic as very useful as the amount of ability blocks he can give is insane which can prevent taunts etc, his basic is lethal damage wise, applies a ton of debuts including stun for 2 turns and has great synergies with DT. Also once I kill my first Phoenix ( mostly Ezra or chopper ) then DT can give deathmark which is pretty much a guaranteed kill no matter how much Kanan heals

Also thanks for the additional info and advice
  • TFP has an AoE buff block, and ability block on the primary target. He also has more damage potential than Krennic. He gets 35% more damage for each enemy that has a debuff. So, after 1 AoE, like Vader’s DoTs, TFP will be outputting a guaranteed 175% more damage. Compared to Krennic who has only crit damage bumps on his basic, which are subject to crit chance. It’s not uncommon for my TFP to land 40k basic shots.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Hello all,

I currently run a level 80 empire team with Krennic Lead, Deathtrooper , shoretrooper , magma trooper and royal guard. Recently, I am starting to think that the team may need a change, in particular with royal guard, although his stunts and buffs and high turn meter gains are also good . This team applies a ton of debuffs so I am considering Vader for an insane saner throw. However, despite my high level I am still not the best at this game and struggle to maintain my top 1000 arena rank. Any advice given will be appreciated on possible character changes.

ZPalp