GAC Rescheduled [MERGE]

Replies

• No_Try wrote: »
    The lesser the competition, the better. So...yay!

Anything to make your gaming experience more entertaining...😁
  • Thanks for the 1 credit rewards for GAC. I spent over a Million credits to re mod my toons before GAC lockdown. Now HSTR will happen before it restarts. How about giving 1 million credits to us that will go through another HSTR with reminding our teams?
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Boofpoof wrote: »
    So a WORLD-WIDE Android platform issue comes in and you guys are ready to just slam them for cancelling it for those that would have missed it because of that issue. The lack of common sense around here just astounds me at times.

I agree with this, but there were also some bugs still that prevented it from being ready.

The problem with CG is that they are very understaffed. EA needs to higher more people. A game of this caliber is in desperate need of this.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Mzee wrote: »
    So a WORLD-WIDE Android platform issue comes in and you guys are ready to just slam them for cancelling it for those that would have missed it because of that issue. The lack of common sense around here just astounds me at times.

I agree with this, but there were also some bugs still that prevented it from being ready.

The problem with CG is that they are very understaffed. EA needs to higher more people. A game of this caliber is in desperate need of this.

I think SWGOH was slowly starting to decline in revenue so EA reduced the funding.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Yeah just disregard the 150 Crystals.

And hey, it's not like it's starting up again in a few days.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »

I think SWGOH was slowly starting to decline in revenue so EA reduced the funding.

That would make sense, but they should be more upfront about that sort of stuff, but transparency is something we should not expect much of. The content has been coming out at a snail's pace for the past year or more and the amount of bugs seems to have been increasing. Yet, they are still pushing players to spend just as much as ever on the game...

• I know this might sound odd, maybe even ridiculous, but I’m not remotely interested in the GAC...I barely enjoy the squad arena, let alone a WWE remix of what is essentially...(you guessed it) the squad arena.

So what do you like?

Everything else is decent. I like the mission based stuff...just not fond of “head to head” competitions, but that’s just me.

• Dk_rek wrote: »
    I want a complementary credit heist remodding whome roster 3 times in 1 days is a (curse word) joke.

Or give us the TVF full roster loadouts id ya gonna pee on oir credit supply at least give me a fast way to do it

Why do you need to remod your whole roster 🤷♂️ just keep GAC mod sets
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Scottk525 wrote: »
    It'd be so nice if people cut these guys a little slack. Things happen, as with most IT releases, there are bugs that'll be fixed. Oh wait, they should have tested it more before they released. Oh wait, why aren't they releasing more content. No matter what these guys do, people have nothing better to do than complain. They really had no reason to give us anything. Be thankful and look forward to playing it once it's fixed. Ok, now go ahead and bash me for asking everyone to be a tiny bit more positive.

Im not mad it was cancelled, not mad for missing a few days of GAC, i dont care about bugs cause im not gonna finish in kyber anyway....

I simply want the team to understand that remodding 1/2 to 1/4 of a roster takes a lot of time and a lot of credits....

Maybe instead of the new standard of forever betwwen heists they could have thrown an extra one in OR just adjust heist schedule so we got one tommoow then go back on the forever and a day heist schedule...... not everyone has 140mil credits

At very least with a roster wide loadout...... i get screwed out of a ton of credits but NOT my time

Would love to see that

I don't have unlimited credits either. I'm most definitely not a whale. And this may not have been your intent at all, I'm just tired of seeing all the negativity on these boards. I know, so don't read them. Doesn't excuse all the negativity.
  • Okay... So 2019 has been the year of well DM/DR tearing up the Arena and hey a new TW map... Literally thats basically hit hard stop...

2019 Has so far given us...

Darth Revan (or was he super late 2018 cant even remember)
    GG rework
    Darth Malak
    G13 (insert paywall complaints)
    Padme
    Brood Alpha / Geo Rework (which I find super fun)
    Geo TB
    GAC
    Ashoka / Anakin rework

Maybe im missing 1 or two things?

But basically not a whole lot. I understand it takes time especially with the characters but we need NEW content. Want us to ignore the G13 paywall? Give us more content to WANT to keep throwing money at this darn game. Want us to throw more money at new characters who may or may not become meta? Give us more content that encourages said use! (The new Geos are a GREAT example and droids a good example of what NOT to do).

For "new" and I use the term loosely content given to us was a shined up Grand Arena that seems to not be able to be done right STILL.... Didn't you guys just make a post about all the data and fixes you made annnnd it broke... like come on! That isnt new its cool but the rewards dont make it much more worth it and the feats adding points defeats the purpose of who is the best....

Than the Geo TB isn't "new" its a replacement. Screw giving players/guilds more content to do more often as it now turns into a "pick one" system so you can't call that new. Its lackluster at best especially considering its being flaunted as the "big" update of 2019...

Moral of the story give us something NEW not a rehash not a (insert episode 6) where you try to rehash stuff and it just being terrible.

Side note why is it when it comes to Star Wars games devs have the worst ability to listen? Everyone has been saying new new new content and begging for it and thinking the game is dying... I fele like I am reliving SWG when they pushed the CU update and ruined the game....

/end rant
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    Stick wrote: »
    This thread shows the worst of gamer culture. Just entitled , irrational , **** and brash people

I guess “common sense” is all relative. For example, I think the criticism is fully legitimate and those that feel the need to be CG apologists no matter the situation are the ones who are showing a lack of common sense.

LOL. Feel free to check my history if you think that I'm a CG apologist. As the quote goes: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt".

LOL, you think I actually care enough about someone named BoofPoof to actually take a look at your comment history. How cute. I’d insult you, but then I’d have to explain it afterwards, so never mind.

Take a look at your own comments then , that’s a demonstrated example of lack of common sense. Or rather reasoning skills. You’re on a guy about his name ? Says the guy with the most stereotypical gamer name ever. There’s multiple guys in my guild with variations on your name. Apologies if you’re in my guild.

Gaming culture? Entitled? What are you smoking?
  • Rhunne wrote: »
    Don't you dare speak down on the game that was swg lol... And yes the cu and nge killed it, but hey the private servers are alive and well with the og systems..

A few years back I tried that it just isnt the same... So many fond memories tho

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »

That would make sense, but they should be more upfront about that sort of stuff, but transparency is something we should not expect much of. The content has been coming out at a snail's pace for the past year or more and the amount of bugs seems to have been increasing. Yet, they are still pushing players to spend just as much as ever on the game...

Bad for whales / investors I guess.
  • kalidor wrote: »
    The 150 crystals was fair, but the 200 GAC coin I can't really spend effectively since my league is still reset at bronzium. :-/

If you're at bronzium, at least you can spend them on kyrotech. I was sent to carbonite. :(
  • Well I felt the same by wasting my zetas in order to have my teams as best as I could, while I was actually saving them for darth revans return...
  • I spent 300 crystals gear rushing Padme to G10. I didn't bother to change any mods though. Too much work remodding.

My Galactic Republic squad is now the ultimate power in the universe..
  • Or is it.....?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    It is. I'd prefer to be slaughtered instead to have my gac canceled.
  • Right now, all over the world, millions of little brothers are getting punched in the arm because their big brothers are raging over canceled GAC.
  • Right now, all over the world, millions of little brothers are getting punched in the arm because their big brothers are raging over canceled GAC.

And just imagine how many faces are being slapped....
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    What's next? Server outage due to a meager meteor shower? Outrageous!
  • GK "rework" and Negotiator
  • Because of the reschedule I go into another division... GREAT! NOT!
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    It'd be so nice if people cut these guys a little slack. Things happen, as with most IT releases, there are bugs that'll be fixed. Oh wait, they should have tested it more before they released. Oh wait, why aren't they releasing more content. No matter what these guys do, people have nothing better to do than complain. They really had no reason to give us anything. Be thankful and look forward to playing it once it's fixed. Ok, now go ahead and bash me for asking everyone to be a tiny bit more positive.

Im not mad it was cancelled, not mad for missing a few days of GAC, i dont care about bugs cause im not gonna finish in kyber anyway....

I simply want the team to understand that remodding 1/2 to 1/4 of a roster takes a lot of time and a lot of credits....

Maybe instead of the new standard of forever betwwen heists they could have thrown an extra one in OR just adjust heist schedule so we got one tommoow then go back on the forever and a day heist schedule...... not everyone has 140mil credits

At very least with a roster wide loadout...... i get screwed out of a ton of credits but NOT my time

Would love to see that

I don't have unlimited credits either. I'm most definitely not a whale. And this may not have been your intent at all, I'm just tired of seeing all the negativity on these boards. I know, so don't read them. Doesn't excuse all the negativity.

welcome to the interwebs :)

Not sure what you mean by "not have been your intent" so I'll just own up to yeah... I meant everything ???
  • Shaddes wrote: »
    What he’s saying is he wouldn’t have needed to rush the g13 if he knew GAC was going to be screwed up again. Therefore he wouldn’t have needed to spend 5000 crystals in order to do it... it’s not that hard to understand

you cant farm that gear in a couple of days...

how about next week? sitting at 80/85 on malak because of my poor self control re GET
  • @devs: The next time players question the credibility of dev posts about being on top of the cheating issue, know that it's because of things like not getting GAC right for the 4th time in a row despite dev posts inferring you're on top of it.
  • 150 crystals for this big screw up is a joke and a slap to the face of the fanbase. How many more hits does CG have to take before they wake up?

Lol they didn’t have to give us anything. You’ll still keep coming back so.....🤷🏼‍♂️
    You're right. As a matter of fact, why don't they just stop giving us content entirely? We'll see how long their studio lasts.

As opposed to the ample amounts of new content we've received this year?
  • Great job as always CG. Doesn't even surprise me anymore.