Who thinks that Advantage should cancel out Critical Hit Immunity?

It’s all my low damage deal dealing Ewok team HASSSS! It makes them even more unviable, and Logray becomes essentially useless.

Who thinks that Advantage should cancel out Critical Hit Immunity? 24 votes

Yes.
16%
Bulldog1205Idontlikesand_16NgHRaginElephant 4 votes
No.
75%
Boba_The_FetterNikoms565EventineElessedilCCyrilSRandomSithLordMr_SausagejhbuchholzWoodrowardAntiFunnRavenclawsKyJoe_CoolAleSahnDroh_1979GoobsSalatious_ScrumRhunneSHAD0W4576DaPowerfulJediNyanperor 18 votes
Make it remove the buff instead.
8%
MAO408Arrchampion 2 votes

Replies

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Nope.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • No.
    Immunity means can't happen.

Padme's team auto resists all buffs when they have protection up. Irresistible debuffs still go through.

Padme is immune to fear. Fear is irresistible.

Immunity means the thing means nothing to you, period.
  • No.
    Woodroward wrote: »

Padme's team auto resists all buffs when they have protection up. Irresistible debuffs still go through.

^ This. Well said.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • No.
    Logray, Teebo, and Paploo can all dispel crit immunity, so that shouldn’t be a big problem.
  • Make it remove the buff instead.

Yes I understand, but when 1 buff makes another buff that guarantees a critical hit useless, then that's 1 buff that's more unbalanced, PERIOD. It's not even a big deal having my 100% natural grit chance on Ewok scout not mean he gets a critical, but instead of advantage doubling that criteria at the very least, it's a useless buff on an even more useless team; as an effect.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    No.
    MAO408 wrote: »

Yes I understand, but when 1 buff makes another buff that guarantees a critical hit useless, then that's 1 buff that's more unbalanced, PERIOD. It's not even a big deal having my 100% natural grit chance on Ewok scout not mean he gets a critical, but instead of advantage doubling that criteria at the very least, it's a useless buff on an even more useless team; as an effect.

Let's say you had a real life buff that guaranteed you'd melt the enemy's bones on your next attack, but then you were forced to attack a blob monster.

It would not matter. Same kind of scenario here.

Now if advantage got used up even though you hit someone with crit immunity, I'd agree that's messed up (unless it was because the timer was up on the buff).

Just like they changed foresight so it didn't get used up if they were hit with an unavoidable attack.

Let's say you had a real life buff that guaranteed you'd shake hands with the next person you met, but that person had no hands.

Now if advantage got used up even though you hit someone with crit immunity, I'd agree that's messed up (unless it was because the timer was up on the buff).

Just like they changed foresight so it didn't get used up if they were hit with an unavoidable attack.

Haha, good analogy with the hands. I’m not asking for the buff to make him magically grow hands, but to at least compromise for the 1 turn while the buff is used. Maybe, cancel out the handshake (remove the buff), or let the base crit chance of my toon determine whether or not I get to shake his arm stub. I’d prefer the later, of advantage removing crit chance immunity to balance the buff tiers.

Let's say you had a real life buff that guaranteed you'd melt the enemy's bones on your next attack, but then you were forced to attack a blob monster.

Once again, good analogy, but it’s a stretch to say that a buff, just like another buff, would change the toon so drastically to where they become another entity (blob monster). Let’s have it to where it cancels that crit ratio and your base crit chance determines a crit, or have the buff cancel one another-out (dispel).

Crit immunity is way too powerful without another check that’s supposed to help with crits, Advantage.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    No.

Once again, good analogy, but it’s a stretch to say that a buff, just like another buff, would change the toon so drastically to where they become another entity (blob monster). Let’s have it to where it cancels that crit ratio and your base crit chance determines a crit, or have the buff cancel one another-out (dispel).

Crit immunity is way too powerful without another check that’s supposed to help with crits, Advantage.
    Not all buffs are created equal. Look at Millenium Falcon's buff in Fleet.

Advantage is actually supposed to be a weaker buff. It's a one time use offense buff.
    Crit immunity is supposed to be a strong buff. Why should a weak buff cancel out a strong buff?

Offense buffs are weaker than defense buffs in general because they (typically) have less opportunity for use.

Thanks on the analogies. I actually chanced it right as you posted to make it more appropriate to a battle scenario.

Not all buffs are created equal. Look at Millenium Falcon's buff in Fleet.

Advantage is actually supposed to be a weaker buff. It's a one time use offense buff.
    Crit immunity is supposed to be a strong buff. Why should a weak buff cancel out a strong buff?

Offense buffs are weaker than defense buffs in general because they (typically) have less opportunity for use.

Thanks on the analogies. I actually chanced it right as you posted to make it more appropriate to a battle scenario.

Ok, I see. Let’s agree to disagree. I just since figured that Tenacity up and Tenacity down cancel each other out, crit immunity could have advantage do the same. My Ewoks had such a hard time against a General Obi One lead, advantage is the only thing that lets them hit somewhat decently, and when every oppent has critical hit immunity & my Logray’s dispel is on a 4 turn cooldown, their damage is so ****-poor, it’s an autmoatic loss no matter what way we spin it. It’s more acceptable in fleet battles because all the ships do more base damage overall, but in regular arena it’s too much to not have my only option of dealing actual damage being negated with no real counters. All the 100% crit chance that I’ve invested isn’t even useful behind advantage, sadly. My crit damage up is just an insult to injury.

- I hope you could see where I’m coming from.
    - First Order could also highly benefit from this change.

I understand, but for the Padme example... it clearly states in her Unique that she’s immune. My argument is on the basis of Critical hit immunity being to good for a normal and non-unique buff. Another buff (Advantage), should be able to cancel it out, or too take it a step further, remove it instead.

Your comparison is different, but thanks for the opinion.

• No.
    Advantage adds 200% crit chance, crit immunity adds 999999% crit avoidance.

No more needs to be said.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    No.
    Ravenclaws wrote: »

ucotnrtfukv7.png

Crit Immunity should be exclusive to Fleet battles, enough said.

It should be changed to only an immunity to 1 critical attack... or it should provide 100% critical avoidance while the buff is present, like Tenacity up. That way advantage would at least cancel it out for a hit, although I think it should be dispelled, and then my base 97% critical hit ratio on my low damage dealing Ewok, wouldn't go to waste.
    CCyrilS wrote: »

ucotnrtfukv7.png

Critical Hit Immunity is too powerful to be a non-unique buff...it's not chance based... it just makes the rng of getting a critical hit with my 100% base toon ration + my advantage + my critical chance up + my critical damage up + not matter or even be acknowledged. It automatically turns whoever so wields that buff into a mini raid boss. C'mon man, essentially 3 different critical based buffs, all useless... when my character already has a raw critical chance of 97%???

"So it's treason, then?"

- How I feel when I have all those critical chance buffs, wasting precious set-up turns, just to be critical immunitied on...
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

What.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    No.

It should be changed to only an immunity to 1 critical attack... or it should provide 100% critical avoidance while the buff is present, like Tenacity up. That way advantage would at least cancel it out for a hit, although I think it should be dispelled, and then my base 97% critical hit ratio on my low damage dealing Ewok, wouldn't go to waste.

This is all just about Ewoks? So sad.

Two things:

1) Immunity means "can't happen", so no.

2) Ewoks don't need more damage. With their kits and synergies they take like 37 turns before anyone else gets to go again. (Please note: No actual math was used during this example)

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • No.
    I remember taking on GK +Zarriss with droids and then JTR.
    Pain in the butt. If GK didn't give Zarriss Crit immunity I could never have killed her or anyone else. (kept GK from taunting and her from healing).

So there are situations where having crit immunity on the enemy actually benefits you.
    TVF wrote: »

What.

It used to be.
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

This is all just about Ewoks? So sad.

Two things:

1) Immunity means "can't happen", so no.

2) Ewoks don't need more damage. With their kits and synergies they take like 37 turns before anyone else gets to go again. (Please note: No actual math was used during this example)

Have you ever even used them? Lmao, yeah.... the wise player would know that Ewoks initially take about 3 turns that doesn't even really amount too much when each one of those turns doesn't reflect anywhere near high damage dealing attacks. Without the extra turns, they don't stand a chance, it's why they hit so low, except for scout. I said that this would also make First order teams more viable as well... The counters are to strong for when they all they need against them, is really just 1 buff, critical immunity. But overall, the point is to let other buffs counter each other out. Advantage behind high crit chance, critical damage up, critical chance up, and even investments in critical chance/damage mods are ALL rendered useless through a single buff without a way too counter it, when I believe advantage should at least even the odds.
    I remember taking on GK +Zarriss with droids and then JTR.
    Pain in the butt. If GK didn't give Zarriss Crit immunity I could never have killed her or anyone else. (kept GK from taunting and her from healing).

So there are situations where having crit immunity on the enemy actually benefits you.

That's essentially only one instance which is not even intended to work in your favor. That's not the point.
    AntiFunn wrote: »
    No.

The only issue to resolve Advantage being a useless buff is to allow the attacker to have either +25% offence or +25% potency for that hit.
    If your characters have good enough critical hit chance, it's obviously useless.

This is what I see, and when you have crit chance up, crit damage up, crit chance and crit damage mods, it's all insult to injury when you gain advantage. Soooooo much for the name of the buff. It should be giving us the high ground, at least towards critical immunity.

I also agree that it should provide secondary buffs, at least for that one turn.
  • Yes.
    I actually agree, mainly because advantage is such an underpowered buff now that crit chances have become so high. We see in several instances that we can mod characters to 100% crit chance.
    I actually agree, mainly because advantage is such an underpowered buff now that crit chances have become so high. We see in several instances that we can mod characters to 100% crit chance.

Thank you, MY GUY!