Brood Alpha Special WAI?

I just played a match with my geos against a JKR team. GMY went first and copied his buffs (plus foresight) to everyone. My GBA went second, so I used his first special.

I read his first special to say “dispel all buffs on all enemy units THEN deal damage to all enemies...” However, this ability seems to work like this “deal damage to all enemies THEN dispel all buffs on units that were damaged.”

I expected this ability to dispel all buffs that GMY had just distributed, but instead the aoe attack only missed hitting all enemies (due to foresight). After the attack, all enemies still had buffs (except my target but that was due to sun fac’s Basic).

Is this WAI?

Replies

• crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Dispells can be evaded. So likely it was evaded due to the foresight, then the attacks happened.
  • The first special does not read like that. The only "then" is after dealing damage and exposing, debuffed enemies lose 15% tm. And you should check if you have the omega on that ability, the ability does not remove buffs if the omega is not present
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Am I missing something here?

Do geonosians counter JKR or did OP just go yolo.
  • SemiGod wrote: »

I won the match.
  • SemiGod wrote: »

Yes they do
  • Metasly wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »

Yes they do

Soft counter. JKR will still stomp them on offense (just mark and kill GBA and it's over).
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    Dispells can be evaded. So likely it was evaded due to the foresight, then the attacks happened.

I’m guessing this is the issue. I didn’t realize a buff (foresight) could prevent the removal of all buffs.

I’m guessing this is the issue. I didn’t realize a buff (foresight) could prevent the removal of all buffs.

Threads like this pop up every time a new character is released with an AoE dispel. Chewie and T3, for example. If it doesn't say the attack can't be evaded (e.g.Darth Sion), then the dispel can be evaded as well.

Threads like this pop up every time a new character is released with an AoE dispel. Chewie and T3, for example. If it doesn't say the attack can't be evaded (e.g.Darth Sion), then the dispel can be evaded as well.

Sorry for not knowing that dispel counts as an attack???

Lots of things count as an "attack" that aren't intuitively obvious. This is the problem currently plaguing the Jawa/Geo interaction. I wasn't trying to criticize, there's no harm in asking for clarification. Just saying, you're not alone in being in the dark about these sorts of interactions.

Lots of things count as an "attack" that aren't intuitively obvious. This is the problem currently plaguing the Jawa/Geo interaction. I wasn't trying to criticize, there's no harm in asking for clarification. Just saying, you're not alone in being in the dark about these sorts of interactions.

Have I been on these forums so long that I expect criticism and insults before legitimate comments? :)