Revan is so broken that whenever a rework comes I don't feel excited any more.

Prev1
BaldingHead90
966 posts Member
edited August 2019
You know the power creep is off the charts when you know an otherwise decent rework will make a hole in the water. These poor clones will probably not even take a turn against Darth Revan, fear will prevent them from doing anything, adding the debuffs from dark Bastila and damage from HK and you know these clones will be toast before they can even move.

I'm not saying it would make sense for a squad of clones to beat Revan and Malak lore wise, but it's telling of where we are currently with the power creep in this game and the broken mechanics like fear. Added to the fact that you can't assist against Revan and Malak will hit you for 100% of your max health. Clones will be a B tier squad at best

Replies

• Not every team or rework needs to be meta. People really need to realise that.
  • Not every character/faction is supposed to be arena viable. This is a rework geared towards LSGTB
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Clones literally got reworked for LS GEO TB.

What did you expect 4 clones and a jedi to kill sith lords?
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    Ya we all know clones can only kill like every Jedi including the one that’s going to be the new meta...
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Drim wrote: »
    Ya we all know clones can only kill like every Jedi including the one that’s going to be the new meta...

Not really.

Jedi are stronger than clones

But when you have an element of surprise and outnumbered by 1000s obviously they would win

It's like saying those random natives were stronger than Rome when in reality they were just outnumbered by thousands
  • SemiGod wrote: »

Literally said I didn't expect them to beat Revan and Malak because it wouldn't make sense lore wise. I said it's telling of how bad the powecreep is.
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    5 vs 1 ok “5” clones killing one Jedi...1vex96rofolb.jpeg
    2kuosbo1r4au.jpeg

But let’s not forget this young Jedi going up vs 10ew8yhgtgr31y.png
  • With the power creep / meta mess, I was expecting new clones equipped with an "Order 66" ability -with no cooldown - that kills everything with a lightsaber immediately.

The instant win button is the next stage of fun in the new meta experience, but thankfully it's not quite here just yet. Appreciate that.
  • With the power creep / meta mess, I was expecting new clones equipped with an "Order 66" ability -with no cooldown - that kills everything with a lightsaber immediately.

The instant win button is the next stage of fun in the new meta experience, but thankfully it's not quite here just yet. Appreciate that.

Pretty soon the power creep will get to the point where the only way to beat the meta will be this exact thing. Sad but this is where the pursuit for more and more money leads.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    This argument again? We have padme who can beat malak. We have GG that can beat malak. Both of these counter teams can be beaten by older metas. Power creep is an natural step in the evolution of every game and SWGOH has done a great job of balancing power vs variety. Every team can be beaten by some team. Either we learn to adapt or learn to complain. I love this game so I choose to adapt.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited August 2019
    You know the power creep is off the charts when you know an otherwise decent rework will make a hole in the water. These poor clones will probably not even take a turn against Darth Revan, fear will prevent them from doing anything, adding the debuffs from dark Bastila and damage from HK and you know these clones will be toast before they can even move.
    That's because they aren't meant to beat Darth Revan teams:
    Q: What does the 501st tag bring to the holotables? Why not all the Clones?
    A: CG_Prototype: Limiting the rework to just 3 units enabled us to give these characters a considerable power boost without disrupting the current meta or limiting the design space for the future.
  • These poor clones will probably not even take a turn against Darth Revan, fear will prevent them from doing anything, adding the debuffs from dark Bastila and damage from HK and you know these clones will be toast before they can even move.
    Darth Revan lead gives no speed boost and no TM bonus out the gate, and is fast but not unreasonably so. Pretty much anything with a speed or TM boost of any sort can go before a Drevalak team as long as your modding is in the same league. It isn't until somebody goes and debuffs start flying around that a Devan team's speed starts going up.

Rex unique and Shaak Ti lead both give substantial speed boosts, and the team has many vectors for TM gain. Multiple units, if not the entire team, will take their turns before Drevalak starts going.

They'll probably get whupped, but taking some turns against Drevalak will be pretty easy for clones.
    Still not a he.
  • Rex’ damage output is being boosted dramatically and it appears his flying special is a devastating attack. Echo wipes buffs and rebuffs Clones. Shaak Ti ain’t no joke, 7* fully buffed with her clones will be formidable.

While not meta breaking I can see them getting into top 200-100 range.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »

Literally said I didn't expect them to beat Revan and Malak because it wouldn't make sense lore wise. I said it's telling of how bad the powecreep is.

Exactly how is it telling "how bad the power creep is", if a rework can't do something, which you don't expect them to be able to do in the first place. Just trying to comprehend your line of thought.
  • Shaak Ti is second fastest in the game? Tied with Count Dooku I believe (could be wrong). So it’s possible to at least mod her faster than some average DR teams.

... but clones aren’t designed to be meta so why bother trying.

Really hope they are going to be of the same standard as JTR or at least better than a Sep-droid team
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

Exactly how is it telling "how bad the power creep is", if a rework can't do something, which you don't expect them to be able to do in the first place. Just trying to comprehend your line of thought.

He means power creep in the meta is so bad that a clones rework won't make them contenders.

I don't personally find an issue with clones not being able to beat DRevan (presumably), just saying what I believe OP meant.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I think it really comes down to what the intended purpose is behind the rework. I don’t think it was intended to be an arena meta update, but if it were, then the power-creep argument could be made.

I’m viewing this on par with the BHs rework a while back as a strong PvE team, with benefits in TW/GA.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Fauztin wrote: »
    I think it really comes down to what the intended purpose is behind the rework. I don’t think it was intended to be an arena meta update, but if it were, then the power-creep argument could be made.

I’m viewing this on par with the BHs rework a while back as a strong PvE team, with benefits in TW/GA.

You mean like this?

928vbkcitvqr.jpg
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    @CCyrilS , cheeky, it seems you’ve beat me to it 😂
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

why ? ewoks were killing revan for a few weeks
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

He means power creep in the meta is so bad that a clones rework won't make them contenders.

I don't personally find an issue with clones not being able to beat DRevan (presumably), just saying what I believe OP meant.

Well, yeah. When a team with an instakill mechanic and essentially doubling their stats while saving a key member can't even make a splash, you know the power creep is through the roof.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Well, yeah. When a team with an instakill mechanic and essentially doubling their stats while saving a key member can't even make a splash, you know the power creep is through the roof.

e2ywlrs7o0ry.jpg
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Fauztin wrote: »

You mean like this?

928vbkcitvqr.jpg

CG basically said this, right? I think it was when they announced GAC and the geo TB along with reworks.
  • Boros
    507 posts Member

I'm not saying it would make sense for a squad of clones to beat Revan and Malak lore wise, but it's telling of where we are currently with the power creep in this game and the broken mechanics like fear. Added to the fact that you can't assist against Revan and Malak will hit you for 100% of your max health. Clones will be a B tier squad at best

Doesnt make sense for revan to beat emperor palpatine lore wise either, palp was much more powerful then vitiate,
  • Boros
    507 posts Member

Haven't met a Sith that's blaster proof!

Actually that would be pretty cool. It would be like a Darth Nihilus execute. After like 6 turns they can kill any Jedi or sith. It would give them a niche.

New Zeta for Darth Sidious! Make him the real leader for clones! Or Chancellor Palpatine
  • SemiGod wrote: »

Let's not pretend that lore really matters when it comes to the game. Enfys Nest can solo a maxed out Shaak-Ti clone squad here. I mean, she was great in the Solo movie, but not destroy a Jedi commander and a squad of clones on her own great.

Also, Mace Windu(one of the strongest Jedi ever, according to lore) loses to pretty much everyone...

#reworkWindu

• Danubiss wrote: »
    Not every team or rework needs to be meta. People really need to realise that.

And not every team in the top 100 shouldd be a Darth Revan variant, I would love to see EA nerf both darth revan squads and revan squads so they were just barely viable as a top tier team. I do not care about the lore of teams and if they are stronger. What they really need to stop doing is coming up with op skills that are not really counter able until they make a character to directly counter that ability. That is a broken system that guarantees, that only the latest squad is #1. In just about any other game when you look at the top squads they are varied, but only in this game do you find every squad in the top 50 arena being the same Darth Revan variant, or a variant of Thrawn in fleet arena. The developers are so freaking lazy in this game. The only thing that saves this game is balance, and that is the one thing we will never have.