Zeta Returns for day of GAC Cancellation?

So I was holding on to my zetas up until GAC, and since it was happening I decided to use my zeta, then boom, the GAC gets cancelled. Of course, now the reworks for clones are coming out before the GAC starts. It'd be really nice if CG could return any of the zetas used on the day of the GAC cancellation.

Tried to go through EA Support but i don't believe they have the power to return zetas. Anyone else have this issue?

Replies

• Are you sure, the clones will come before the next GAC?
  • You spend them at your own peril. Why are you expecting them to give you anything for an action you took?
  • I agree, but at least i would like a better compensation for the delay than the rewards they gave us back. Especially that 1 credit!
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    The answer to the thread question is no.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • They paid out more than the 1 credit. Stop crying over spilled milk and trying to get something for nothing, and just suck it up buttercup.
  • I agree, but at least i would like a better compensation for the delay than the rewards they gave us back. Especially that 1 credit!

The one credit thing is so they can shut down the GAC. It's not intended as a form of compensation.
    TearFarmer wrote: »
    How the hell does a 5 minute login outage cause a 3+ day delay in GAC? I've never seen a more disorganized software developer. If it weren't for the Star Wars branding these jokers would be Starbucks Baristas by now.

1) Don't knock Starbucks (or any other chain / independent store) Baristas. Skilled job making decent coffee.
    2) There was more than the login issues. Some people started the GAC with upward of 2,500 points due to bugs. I'm guessing you would complain if someone in your division was allowed to keep that much of a head start.
  • I'm confused, are you upset because you spent a zeta before a rework was announced?

If so, there's no way they're returning that to you. Having them drop things on you is part of their business model.
  • While we're at it, I zetad Grand Moff Tarkin's Leadership waaaaay before Palpatine got a rework. How was I to know about how awesome Palp's leadership would be post-rework? Can I have that zeta returned?
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • Mstrefe1 wrote: »
    While we're at it, I zetad Grand Moff Tarkin's Leadership waaaaay before Palpatine got a rework. How was I to know about how awesome Palp's leadership would be post-rework? Can I have that zeta returned?

I zeta'd QGJ before Bastilla dropped. Can I get that back too?
  • Mstrefe1 wrote: »
    While we're at it, I zetad Grand Moff Tarkin's Leadership waaaaay before Palpatine got a rework. How was I to know about how awesome Palp's leadership would be post-rework? Can I have that zeta returned?

Exactly. But I wouldn't mention GMY Leadership to some people. That's still a touchy subject for lots of people
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Mstrefe1 wrote: »

Exactly. But I wouldn't mention GMY Leadership to some people. That's still a touchy subject for lots of people

I'm confused I've gotten zeta refunds.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »

I'm confused I've gotten zeta refunds.

Different situation.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • You spend them at your own peril. Why are you expecting them to give you anything for an action you took?

My action was determined by the expected month long lock in of GAC. As the GAC was abruptly canceled I don't think it's too outrageous of a request. If my acquiring a full zeta would of been delayed by a day i would have a whole extra zeta advantage on my opponents. Sure may not seem like a lot, but it can be depending on the zeta you place.
  • Affy
    63 posts Member
    You clearly read the forums. Therefore the speculation regarding clone updates shouldn’t be a surprise. For the most part, any Zeta is worth applying (yes of course there are exceptions).

But Zetas are reasonably easy to obtain. You can get 6 from fleet challenges a week. Buy 2 or three from fleet store. The Ewok event just dropped a couple. That’s your twenty back in two weeks.

Who did you zeta btw? Because chances are, if you understand the game at all, it won’t be wasted.
  • Ulrika33 wrote: »
    You spend them at your own peril. Why are you expecting them to give you anything for an action you took?

My action was determined by the expected month long lock in of GAC. As the GAC was abruptly canceled I don't think it's too outrageous of a request. If my acquiring a full zeta would of been delayed by a day i would have a whole extra zeta advantage on my opponents. Sure may not seem like a lot, but it can be depending on the zeta you place.

It's not a month long lock. Your roster for GAC only locks within each GA that is part of the C, so one week at a time.
  • Your fault. Your decision. Your Zeta.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Ulrika33 wrote: »
    You spend them at your own peril. Why are you expecting them to give you anything for an action you took?

Month long lock?

My mans playing a whole different game.