Upcoming gear changes to make gearing easier? (Refer to new relics post)

Shaddes
784 posts Member
edited August 2019
I’m having a very hard time grasping what this could mean... should we ALL stop gearing our characters at the moment? If gearing is going to be easier in the future what’s the point of continuing on right now? I have no faith you guys will compensate so it looks like I’m done gearing for however long it takes to get an answer. odf5skg2rlnj.jpeg

Replies

• Options
    I'm sure this change will alleviate the gear crunch the same way Kyrotechs did.
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    Shaddes wrote: »
    I would love that, but my question is should we just stop gearing completely because of this wording? If they hypothetically lower the stun gun requirement from 50 to even just 45 I’d rather wait ..

Not that you should stop gearing, but stop farming and buying pieces of pre-g12 until they tell us what they're doing.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    I would love that, but my question is should we just stop gearing completely because of this wording? If they hypothetically lower the stun gun requirement from 50 to even just 45 I’d rather wait ..

That is probably the most unlikely solution. If the history of the game is anything to go by, they will address it by increasing the supply, not lowering the demand, so gear all you want. Spending crystals for gear now would be rather unwise, though, unless you are in an emergency.
  • Options

I think gear will remain. I think crystal purchases will be the same. I think they will increase gears in rewards or other events.
  • Options
    I would guess that they will increase the availability. Not decrease the number required for a pieces. As many have said above me, spending crystals right now on gear seems unwise.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • Options
    Guns and cuffs have gotten slower, not faster. They did this intentionally and I have zero faith that they intend to fix it.
  • Options
    Lol. You will not be able to use relics until g13. So they will make g13 finishers more available in general then you can access the relic system which will cost more than getting to g13. Jeez people
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Not that you should stop gearing, but stop farming and buying pieces of pre-g12 until they tell us what they're doing.

You can stop until next August if you want, but I'm not doing that.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dar_Penthar
    598 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

I suspect you'll be in the minority then... I think spending will slow down until they clarify this piece of the post, of course this is just my opinion

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options

"In a few weeks"
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options

I suspect you'll be in the minority then... I think spending will slow down until they clarify this piece of the post, of course this is just my opinion

Who said anything about spending?

Comment was buying and farming.

And anyway, as someone already mentioned, let me know how it worked out for you lately if you ignored eyeballs, stun guns, and carbs, since they were made easier by Kyrotech (ha).
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    SemiGod wrote: »

"In a few weeks"

"Soon"

"Concurrently"

"We aren't changing the Jawa ability"

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options

SemiGod wrote: »

"In a few weeks"

"Soon"

"Concurrently"

"We aren't changing the Jawa ability"

0uvjn00mqh9u.gif
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options

Who said anything about spending?

Comment was buying and farming.

And anyway, as someone already mentioned, let me know how it worked out for you lately if you ignored eyeballs, stun guns, and carbs, since they were made easier by Kyrotech (ha).

I'm not saying "ignore" them. But the smart play is to spend your energy on g12 pieces, + pieces, and finishers, and hoard your currencies that you might otherwise be spending on the items you listed. Holding for 3 weeks will not slow your progress, but may end up saving you in the future if they do cut costs in half.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    ?

You literally said
    stop farming and buying pieces of pre-g12 until they tell us what they're doing.

Sounds like ignoring them to me.
  • Options
    In the end, they will make gear easier by removing bronzium/chromium requirements on GAC store, or something like that. I won't stop farming gear. If I'm wrong and it's indeed easier, good.
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    Options
    ?

You literally said
    stop farming and buying pieces of pre-g12 until they tell us what they're doing.

@TVF you have changed, where is your darcasm, where is the troll comments have you changed for real?
    Also yeah you are right lol
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    ?

You literally said

Yes, but you appear to be interpreting it as some long term thing. They told us "in the next few weeks." So sure, ignore their farm and shop locations during that time.

Or don't, it's your game. I was just giving some requested advice to the OP.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    @Shaddes not sure what made you think stopping gearing until the change is a good idea. I can't think of a way how that would be beneficial. Maybe not saving gear, but saving your currencies may yield something. Overall they are just moving the frontier.

Also about g13-relic relation

0m3ix23x5esb.png
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Still don't get what you mean...hold off buying from the store and hoard crystals if you want. Why stop using what you have though? I'm extremely doubtful they will change, say the amount of pieces needed in gear tiers, that would be an outrage. They'll ease up on our acquisition of them.
  • Options
    @Shaddes read the post they will make it easier to finish g13. Which will give you access to the relic system which will require other stuff to level. Probably gear as well. They say everything in the post.
  • Slothmaster
    247 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Drewbee wrote: »
    I'm sure this change will alleviate the gear crunch the same way Kyrotechs did.

The web of misdirections and falsehoods that was the kyrotech fiasco is the reason I have nothing but apprehension towards these changes. Whatever they do, I have a feeling it’s going to be the grind to end all grinds. Please try not to outdo yourselves, CG. :'(
  • Options
    It would be great if they put speeds on character icons. So you just glance at a team and you’ll know what you’re up against instead of clicking on a toon then having to scroll through and check speed. Speed is basically the only attribute you need to check. There’s nothing worse than in tw you’re searching for a team to beat and you see one and you click on the leader and check the speed then you click back and then have to scroll down to the same opponent and click the next character to check speed then click back and do it again for each character. By the time you’ve done that someone could have already taken your potential opponent. Put the speeds in the character icon opposite the zeta icon.
  • Options
    My guess is that, as usual, they'll give with one hand while taking away with the other so that actually we won't get ANY noticeable reduction to the gear grind at all.
    I mean I'm currently trying to get G13 salvage farmed for several toons yet I STILL need about 5000 Mk.5 Stun Guns, Mk.3 Carbantis, and Golden Eyeballs to be able to gear the vast majority of my toons, and the level at which I get any is always less than the level at which new toons come along that need hundreds more (plus of course the new G9+ gear wall of Kyrotech!)
    CG have had multiple opportunities to provide an easing of those gear crunches via GAC (which they "temporarily" reduced rewards on and then quietly kept the reduction permanently), via Daily Challenges (which could easily have been updated to Mk.5 Stun Guns instead of useless Mk.4 or via additional tiers, but which they've consistently failed to do), via regular Event rewards (which still drop useless 3 or 4 dot mods and useless gear half the time), via GW (which they could've made harder but with better rewards but have instead let languish as a wasted game mode), via Stores (where they could've increased the number per purchase or reduce the cost of or increased frequency of, or all three yet have done none of those)...
    They will NEVER genuinely reduce the gear crunches that the average player actually has while they actually have it, so don't waste your time expecting them to do so, this is just a Business to them, not a game where you should be able to have "fun"