What about fleets in GAC ?!

Halx
89 posts Member
edited October 2019
Dear CG,

why are there no fleet battles in GAC? The divisions and the matching are depending on GP.. Those who has big fleets has another disadvantage. I have a big fleet, which I cannot use. And have opponents with nearly no fleet, therefore with much more g12+ toons. So I have a lot of "dead capital", which I cannot use to win and so I have again a big disadvantage.
There are fleets. Why can t we use them????
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Divisions are based on total GP but matchmaking is based on your top {x} characters.
  • As far as using fleets in GAC is concerned, I sent CG_Tophat an email awhile back asking that we never have to suffer that fate. I'm fairly certain that my request has something to do with the current lack of fleets in GAC.
  • The lack of fleets, 3v3 and other map variants in these early GACs is most likely due to the dev team not wanting to deal with that additional complexity until they have the kinks worked out of basic 5v5 GAC.
  • Divisions absolutely should be based on toons only. As it stands now, people who like ships get penalized twice. Once by counting ship gp. Second by leveling pilots who are mediocre outside of ships.
  • Also, as devil's advocate, there's little incentive to including Ships. There's no mods for Whale V Whale and Kraken V Kraken fleet battles. It turns into a pure RNG-fest of XYZ vs XYZ. Your GAC ranking could take a hit based on a mode where, with identical gear level and 6E mods equipped (even absolute garbage), every ship is exactly the same as your opponent's matching ship.
  • this weird devs wanted give revan and malak owners advantage!
    they punished players farmed hans falcon rather than revans farm
    if gac had fleet thingy,i managed crush more revan and malak owners