Do you want a Practice Mode where you can test and preview characters? Or just to battle for fun?

Prev1
Meese_Rancher
125 posts Member
edited March 2016
This game desperately needs some sort of practice/scrimmage/trial mode just to play. No rewards, no energy costs, no rankings... just for plain and simple fun, we do remember fun right?.
This will allow us to test strategies or even preview characters at high levels to showcase their talents and decide whether or not you should invest in them. For example, give us the option to build a team from any character in the game and set their star/gear levels regardless of whether or not you have them unlocked or upgraded. Could also apply to the opposing team to see how yours fairs against them. The foundation for this is potentially already built in the arena; use the same system but just to battle other squads. This may even inspire more people to play this or purchase bundles for characters they have tried and liked.
What are your thoughts? I find myself just wanting to play this for fun, a concept I think that has been lost in gaming, not grinding for stuff you don't want just to stay competitive.

Do you want a Practice Mode where you can test and preview characters? Or just to battle for fun? 97 votes

Yes
85%
dauz6063QeltarTelaanilyanorXyoAbyssAnraethBerdilioStarSonkozakjanosDarthSamJacksontjw_tjw14KrokovichPlague_IncBrobiWanKenobiFashoughingLianaraJiggywiggyMcPot45Biel_Starboy 83 votes
No
14%
SongRaventrobDevourJ0K3RPhippsJohnnyudesDrMageQleakLuke6108VIIIV1p3rdyn4styShaolinPunkrydgren77EventineElessedil 14 votes

Replies

• Drake23
    866 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Yes
    It would be nice if we could fight with your characters against your characters.
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Yes
    I appreciate what you are asking, but who would ever vote "no"? And why?

I am going to start a poll that says: "Free money?"

_ Yes

_ No
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Yes
    yes yes yes a thousand times YES!
  • Yes
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

_ Yes

_ No

Because I didn't want to start a poll where there was only one biased answer. You need to provide both options and if people vote No, that is their prerogative. Case in point, someone already did. Single sided polls aren't polls.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Yes
    Why this didn't ship with the game when it debuted is beyond me.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    I just use the GW for this :P Put out a team, retreat, try another team, retreat. Practice Practice Practice!
  • Dev_Str
    137 posts Member
    Yes
    But you can already do this in GW. You just has to retreat at the right time.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Yes
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

_ Yes

_ No

Because I didn't want to start a poll where there was only one biased answer. You need to provide both options and if people vote No, that is their prerogative. Case in point, someone already did. Single sided polls aren't polls.

That's my point. This poll will be more one sided than the "Do you want a cap increase" or the more time forum vs. game one...or people are just trolling. lol
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    No
    The only reason why I say no is because a practice mode would make the game easier. The way it's running right now is trial and error, if you can't beat my squad with yours, you have to change it up without knowing if you can actually beat me, but in practice mode, you can easily figure it out. I'd rather have a new PvP arena than a practice mode

@Nikoms565 @Meese_Rancher

That's why I wouldn't want a practice mode

[SöD]
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Yes
    VIII wrote: »
    The only reason why I say no is because a practice mode would make the game easier. The way it's running right now is trial and error, if you can't beat my squad with yours, you have to change it up without knowing if you can actually beat me, but in practice mode, you can easily figure it out. I'd rather have a new PvP arena than a practice mode

[SöD]

Fair enough.

• Jaybayblay
    233 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Yes
    People who voted NO are the lazy overpaid developers who don't want to do more work lmao or semi-p2w arena hoarders who want to keep their top ranks, change such as this is great because it gives more insight to character synergies, nobody gives a **** about the babies who don't want this just because they want to stay at a high rank lmao sad.
  • No
    GW and Cantina battles both serve this purpose. Yes, you have to spend energy to do Cantina, but that's the price for playing. By the way, I'm not a dev or PTP.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Yes
    Jaybayblay wrote: »
    People who voted NO are the lazy overpaid developers who don't want to do more work lmao or semi-p2w arena hoarders who want to keep their top ranks, change such as this is great because it gives more insight to character synergies, nobody gives a **** about the babies who don't want this just because they want to stay at a high rank lmao sad.

What?
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Yes

[SöD]

Agreed fully,
    I voted yes only because i want guilds to get here and the ability to battle guild mates only in scrimage.
  • Yes
    GW and Cantina battles both serve this purpose. Yes, you have to spend energy to do Cantina, but that's the price for playing. By the way, I'm not a dev or PTP.

Sorry to disagree, but no they don't. Why should there be a "price for playing" if you have already spent it? This thinking is what's slowly causing games like this to deteriorate. A mode free from timers and cooldowns, free from scripted AI responses and suicide squads. I just want to play while waiting for my energy to refill or challenges to reset. Not everyone likes to farm and grind and spend on energy refreshes.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    No
    Didnt we just have this poll? :)
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Meese_Rancher
    125 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Yes

[SöD]

While I do see your point, my counter point is if the AI wasn't so scripted and actually made different choices, a practice mode wouldn't really have that much of an impact. I do believe there isn't much trial and error left with all this "meta" talk anyway. Also if there was live PVP, again, different choices, different outcomes. Random really needs to mean random is this game.
  • Yes
    J0K3R wrote: »
    Didnt we just have this poll? :)

If there is I didn't see it, can you provide a link? I searched for various terms and did not find a similar poll.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Yes
    J0K3R wrote: »

That is sooooo 11 days ago. 81% BTW. That seems fairly one sided - and similar to this one. ;)

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Yes
    Everyone has been asking for this forever. And it would not be hard for them to do. I hope they do it soon.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Yes
    Needs to happen. Would provide so much more replay value.
  • I would be down to use the same AI in arena battles and just run my own characters to play myself and see where the weaknesses in my squad are... I am always surprised how quickly my rank goes south after a few hours not playing.
  • Naso
    170 posts Member
    Yes
    It would be nice and its not even so hard to make so why not
    line id: naso_fin
  • No
    It's called light and dark side battles.
  • No

I would want a practice mode, but not to preview characters not already unlocked and not for no rewards. I would prefer something with diminishing returns each time you do it to a point where there is almost no rewards if you continue.

I would like however complete control over my oponent's squad composition.
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    No
    Deleted
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    No
    Johnnyudes wrote: »
    I would want a practice mode, but not to preview characters not already unlocked and not for no rewards. I would prefer something with diminishing returns each time you do it to a point where there is almost no rewards if you continue.

I would like however complete control over my oponent's squad composition.

You can already test unlocked characters in lightside and darkside battles. Challenges too.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    No

[SöD]

+1. exactly i want to point out aswell.

This game is pretty much about trial and error. Pretty much if you have practice mode what is the fun if you practice tons of times before you go against my team in the arena?

Also it is bad business idea to test some toons. Please dont go for there.. lol

• Yes
    I would love a simulation room, I don't see them doing this. As it may make a player select a different route in terms of characters hence not spending money to farm, packs, etc which may hurt the bottom line.