Brute Force in Grand Arena

I love the idea that Grand Arena (and TW) encourages players to develop deep rosters. Instead of pouring everything into one top squad, the player with depth here shines. At least, that how I originally thought of it, and how it kinda used to work.

The problem that I see here is that certain teams cannot be brute-forced down. You can send ten 100k+ squads at a Revan team and not make a dent. Having specific counters for squads is nice, and it's setup to reward you with more points for a first-time clear - but I like having the option to brute force when necessary. It's cool to put together some random squad and see it work.

On my main account, it's the same teams every-time. There's very little variety. I save a few teams to counter, and that's about it. I don't use much of my roster. On my second account, it's WAY more fun. I'm digging up random 50-60k squads to match up against my opponent's 50-60k squads. I never know what I'm going to get - but I know that eventually my shard will become the same as my main shard.

So...couple suggestions.

1. Set defender's turn meter to 0 after each battle. A lot of squads become near-impossible if you don't kill them the first time because of that pre-loaded turn meter.

2. Do not reset limited unique abilities. The zombie can rez two allies every battle, JKR can save an ally each battle, Bastilla boosts protect each battle, etc. These abilities make it really hard to brute force, and you're often screwed if you don't kill that squad on the first try - they not only have bonus turn meter but they've reset their limited abilities.

Replies

• I disagree. There are few greater feelings than seeing your NS team being preloaded.
  • Marthos wrote: »
    I love the idea that Grand Arena (and TW) encourages players to develop deep rosters. Instead of pouring everything into one top squad, the player with depth here shines. At least, that how I originally thought of it, and how it kinda used to work.

The problem that I see here is that certain teams cannot be brute-forced down. You can send ten 100k+ squads at a Revan team and not make a dent. Having specific counters for squads is nice, and it's setup to reward you with more points for a first-time clear - but I like having the option to brute force when necessary. It's cool to put together some random squad and see it work.

On my main account, it's the same teams every-time. There's very little variety. I save a few teams to counter, and that's about it. I don't use much of my roster. On my second account, it's WAY more fun. I'm digging up random 50-60k squads to match up against my opponent's 50-60k squads. I never know what I'm going to get - but I know that eventually my shard will become the same as my main shard.

So...couple suggestions.

1. Set defender's turn meter to 0 after each battle. A lot of squads become near-impossible if you don't kill them the first time because of that pre-loaded turn meter.

2. Do not reset limited unique abilities. The zombie can rez two allies every battle, JKR can save an ally each battle, Bastilla boosts protect each battle, etc. These abilities make it really hard to brute force, and you're often screwed if you don't kill that squad on the first try - they not only have bonus turn meter but they've reset their limited abilities.

I can agree with you about resetting turn meter for each battle, but the revives I think should be per an encounter, as they currently are... but you are right, at lower GP GAC is a way better, I’m only 1.6M GP and I seem to be having a lot more fun than some other people that are higher... and I’ve already lost a match, but it was a great match up
  • So, basically, GA is too tough and you want it to be easier in the top tiers? I'll pass.

Funny thing is, I actually lost the latest round because of the exact thing you're opposing, but I don't want my opponent to have an advantage from G12'ing 50 otherwise useless toons.