Again about the rivals (GA). Tired of it.

Prev13
And again the old question. How are rivals selected?

Is it really not understand that 100k of difference is a lot? See the difference in level 13 and modules.

zpktt0dmvepq.png
8bx6kk2uxt75.png

Why is the GP only the first 80 characters taken into account? Indeed, in an attack 9-10 units often take part - not 8 !!! A player with a large warehouse has more options in attack. Why aren't 90-100 characters considered?

Replies

  • Except for the 87 vs 182 6 dot mods part it looks pretty even to me.
  • Except for the 87 vs 182 6 dot mods part it looks pretty even to me.

    Like he said... I often win against "better" players on paper, because I set my defences with careful strategy.
  • Moorebid wrote: »
    Except for the 87 vs 182 6 dot mods part it looks pretty even to me.

    Like he said... I often win against "better" players on paper, because I set my defences with careful strategy.

    What strategy will help if the opponent has more T13, better modules and a better stock? :)
    only one strategy - is to wait for his mistake.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    As far as we know there's a single factor in play and that's top 80 gp in your case. The bot calculates it rounded up/down, it doesn't mean your top 80 gps aren't pretty close.

    If you want to know the accurate difference of your top gps use this:
    https://swgohevents.com/gp-compare

    The other disrapencies you don't like...well as long as the system works like this, won't change and will randomly be in your favor or disadvantage.
  • There is no 100k diference in GP, at least not what concerns the top 80 toons.
    To precisely determine how close the matching is, you need a bot that doesn't round the GP. It is more likely that the real difference is within 5k range. One is just rounded to 1.6, the other to 1.7m (see 1.649m compared to 1.651).
  • Waqui
    8570 posts Member
    1.6 million vs. 1.7 million today seems even. Lock happened several days ago. One could be just below the 1.7 million and one just above.
  • Serge wrote: »
    What strategy will help if the opponent has more T13, better modules and a better stock? :)
    only one strategy - is to wait for his mistake.
    It's simple.

    f723lydfcwsu.gif

    Still not a he.
  • @serg
    Serge wrote: »
    And again the old question. How are rivals selected?

    Is it really not understand that 100k of difference is a lot? See the difference in level 13 and modules.

    zpktt0dmvepq.png
    8bx6kk2uxt75.png

    Why is the GP only the first 80 characters taken into account? Indeed, in an attack 9-10 units often take part - not 8 !!! A player with a large warehouse has more options in attack. Why aren't 90-100 characters considered?

    Here’s the answer, or as close as I can figure. I’ve come to this conclusion because this topic comes up time and time again.

    I haven’t seen your opponents, but I’m guessing it goes something like this:

    2-3 winnable matches for you.
    3-4 matches that if you face them you will get obliterated

    The reason behind this, is the top 4 are all big spenders. They don’t really like competitive matches. They will say they do and they will all say you’re whining and just need to get better, but look at the facts.

    Most of the top 4 are typically those that spent a lot of money, they will have 1-2 real battles during each round of GAC. You would have to fight tooth and nail and have your opponent literally give up to win a round. But as you see here if you say anything they ridicule you and tell you to quit whining.

    Those that blast you are all , mostly, hypocrites. They do so because if they had to form any real strategy other than throw down a meta team, they would lose. Their strategy is being able to beat yo before the match begins. They don’t want you to have a chance , if you got to face opponents that you could actually beat, that would mean they have to face opponents they could actually lose to.

    Here’s what you are in GAC, you are an ego booster, I like to call it whale food. You’re nothing but a way those that spend in the game can feel good about themselves. They beat up on those that have zero chance and think they’ve done something. Now I’m not blaming them, they’re doing what needs to be done and beating those out in front of them.

    If you look at how quickly certain nerfs happen and who it benefits, you’ll see I am correct. Just look back at the nerfs of the last year. Whenever a teams had a chance to beat the Sith empire team nerf away. It gave the common player a chance against the whales. Who complained ? The whales did, because they couldn’t form a strategy against it.

    My advice, find another area your enjoy. No one is going to listen to you. They do not care. Don’t let the hate on this forum get you down. Take your time build the guys you enjoy playing with and have fun with your guild mates.

  • No_Try wrote: »
    As far as we know there's a single factor in play and that's top 80 gp in your case. The bot calculates it rounded up/down, it doesn't mean your top 80 gps aren't pretty close.

    If you want to know the accurate difference of your top gps use this:
    https://swgohevents.com/gp-compare

    The other disrapencies you don't like...well as long as the system works like this, won't change and will randomly be in your favor or disadvantage.


    The difference is about 50k.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Serge wrote: »
    Moorebid wrote: »
    Except for the 87 vs 182 6 dot mods part it looks pretty even to me.

    Like he said... I often win against "better" players on paper, because I set my defences with careful strategy.

    What strategy will help if the opponent has more T13, better modules and a better stock? :)
    only one strategy - is to wait for his mistake.

    Or just be better and win.

    be A LOT better and win. The initial conditions are not equal.
  • I don't get why you cry a lot for 100k gp difference. All my GA rivals always have 250/300k gp more Than me and still kick their ****. I'm not saying I've won all, but the majority
  • Pjfp wrote: »
    I don't get why you cry a lot for 100k gp difference. All my GA rivals always have 250/300k gp more Than me and still kick their ****. I'm not saying I've won all, but the majority

    That's the matchmaking top X gp, not total gp. I doubt you get 200k-300k top X differences.

    Now we know the real difference is 50k top X gp difference, but it's a week past that pool is created too, so even that is not reliable.
  • Serge wrote: »
    And again the old question. How are rivals selected?

    Is it really not understand that 100k of difference is a lot? See the difference in level 13 and modules.

    zpktt0dmvepq.png
    8bx6kk2uxt75.png

    Why is the GP only the first 80 characters taken into account? Indeed, in an attack 9-10 units often take part - not 8 !!! A player with a large warehouse has more options in attack. Why aren't 90-100 characters considered?

    You realize rounding could be happening and GP could literally be a few points apart right?

    Reference: 1.6M vs 1.7M GP
    Actual: 1,644,999 vs. 1,645,00 GP
  • Statistics do not win battles, squads and strategies do.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Statistics do not win battles, squads and strategies do.

    Speed stats seem pretty key for me.
  • I KNOW that strategy and mistakes play a huge role...I have lost plenty of matches where I was statistically better! :)
    The biggest problem here is that g13 offers a very small GP boost compared with how much better it makes your squads. The number of GP characters isn’t factored into the matchmaking - probably for simplicity and of course to not punish those who are gearing up a that level.
    In this game mode- and almost all of them- we are better served to focus a small number of squads up to g13 and ignore the others.
  • nabokovfan wrote: »
    Serge wrote: »
    And again the old question. How are rivals selected?

    Is it really not understand that 100k of difference is a lot? See the difference in level 13 and modules.

    zpktt0dmvepq.png
    8bx6kk2uxt75.png

    Why is the GP only the first 80 characters taken into account? Indeed, in an attack 9-10 units often take part - not 8 !!! A player with a large warehouse has more options in attack. Why aren't 90-100 characters considered?

    You realize rounding could be happening and GP could literally be a few points apart right?

    Reference: 1.6M vs 1.7M GP
    Actual: 1,644,999 vs. 1,645,00 GP

    I know. But for me: The difference is about 50k.
  • And these are only the first 80 characters. But in the war often play 90 or more.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4422 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    nabokovfan wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Statistics do not win battles, squads and strategies do.

    Speed stats seem pretty key for me.
    :D Fair point.

    What I was trying to say is that raw stats like these are not a great guide. What really matters is the squads each player has and how well they are used.

    I have beaten opponents with up to 30% more usable GP than me, back when matchmaking was by total GP even for character-only GAs. Never bothered to look at the stat bots, all that mattered to me was the squads I was likely to be facing.
  • Serge wrote: »
    And these are only the first 80 characters. But in the war often play 90 or more.
    Good thing then that you have the G11 advantage in both matches. Because most of those toon fall short of top 80.
  • OBoogieIII wrote: »
    Here’s the answer, or as close as I can figure. I’ve come to this conclusion because this topic comes up time and time again.

    I haven’t seen your opponents, but I’m guessing it goes something like this:

    2-3 winnable matches for you.
    3-4 matches that if you face them you will get obliterated

    The reason behind this, is the top 4 are all big spenders. They don’t really like competitive matches. They will say they do and they will all say you’re whining and just need to get better, but look at the facts.

    Most of the top 4 are typically those that spent a lot of money, they will have 1-2 real battles during each round of GAC. You would have to fight tooth and nail and have your opponent literally give up to win a round. But as you see here if you say anything they ridicule you and tell you to quit whining.

    Those that blast you are all , mostly, hypocrites. They do so because if they had to form any real strategy other than throw down a meta team, they would lose. Their strategy is being able to beat yo before the match begins. They don’t want you to have a chance , if you got to face opponents that you could actually beat, that would mean they have to face opponents they could actually lose to.

    Here’s what you are in GAC, you are an ego booster, I like to call it whale food. You’re nothing but a way those that spend in the game can feel good about themselves. They beat up on those that have zero chance and think they’ve done something. Now I’m not blaming them, they’re doing what needs to be done and beating those out in front of them.

    If you look at how quickly certain nerfs happen and who it benefits, you’ll see I am correct. Just look back at the nerfs of the last year. Whenever a teams had a chance to beat the Sith empire team nerf away. It gave the common player a chance against the whales. Who complained ? The whales did, because they couldn’t form a strategy against it.

    My advice, find another area your enjoy. No one is going to listen to you. They do not care. Don’t let the hate on this forum get you down. Take your time build the guys you enjoy playing with and have fun with your guild mates.

    This would have to be the most honest, and accurate, thing I have ever read about this game. I know I'm whale food as I can't beat G13 Malak (yet) and I have faced a G13 Malak in the last 19 GA fights - and lost them all.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Waqui
    8570 posts Member
    OBoogieIII wrote: »

    [deleted stuff about how top-4 of each grouo of 8 are most likely big spenders, with no strategic skills]

    Do you really believe, that half the player base (4 / 8) are big spenders, and that scoring 2-3 wins is really that hard as a FTP player? Interesting. I wonder what gave you that idea.

  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Waqui wrote: »
    OBoogieIII wrote: »

    [deleted stuff about how top-4 of each grouo of 8 are most likely big spenders, with no strategic skills]

    Do you really believe, that half the player base (4 / 8) are big spenders, and that scoring 2-3 wins is really that hard as a FTP player? Interesting. I wonder what gave you that idea.
    Probably not something connected to consecutive rounds of poor performance. Don't you know by now that whoever beats and F2P must be a whale?
  • Solus_Imperius
    217 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Yet another bitchpost. If you don't spend money, you won't win PvP that's how money works. I've beaten players with literally 10x my G12 as well as 5x my G13. This is about strategy and knowing the meta. You're **** about a few mods and 100k, when we have people beating people with 1 mil or more GP over them.

    You're literally just a new dog complaining an older player has a more refined and centrist roster than you.
  • This is very even man. Stop putting 12+ on so many and get the g13 finisher. You have way more 12+ pieces, they just focused more on getting that finisher.
    j53swv4b2q5o.png
    tsq3omcxng5n.png
    Your mods are close to as good, keep slicing them. At your GP I don't see how you can complain about this matchup. With the fewer players in your division you could easily have a much worse matchup
  • Serge wrote: »
    I know. But for me: The difference is about 50k.
    A less than one third of a percent difference.
    Still not a he.
  • @Waqui 4-8 big spenders? No. 4-8 big to moderate spenders? Yes.

    Scoring 2-3 wins vs groups that f2p layers are out in? Yes. This is can speak from experience. 3-4 matches, per Round, that I personally have been put in are unwinnable. Not difficult to win, literally unwinnable. I’ve used my entire roster to beat one team and couldn’t even make a dent in the team.

    Personally, I don’t think that should ever happen. Win or lose, I should be able to have something on my roster that could defeat the team I’m up against.

    If it’s about strategy, I should be able to strategically put some team together from my current roster to win. If not, then why not just give them an automatic win and not waste our time?
  • OBoogieIII wrote: »
    Personally, I don’t think that should ever happen. Win or lose, I should be able to have something on my roster that could defeat the team I’m up against.
    Every team has counters. It's up to you to have it in your roster.
Sign In or Register to comment.