Again about the rivals (GA). Tired of it.

Replies

  • @sir_Phantom_Jedi thank you. I feel the same, I’m getting there. Just not there quite yet. But I’m getting a little closer every time.
  • I'm 3.9 ml, closest one to me is 4.5. I didn't even try this GAC. May not join next one....
  • @RandomSithLord you are 100% right. They do all have counters, it is up to the player to level and gear those counters.

    The problem I have is, when the teams you’re up against are above anything you have on your current roster. Meaning, maybe you are working on the counter, but they can’t beat a full team of, whatever gear 13s.

    Most teams can be beat with multiple counters, except for Sith empire. But if you unload your entire roster gear 12 and what few gear 13s you should be able to beat that team. They fact that I did that and couldn’t means I probably shouldn’t have been against that team. A lot of people have ran into these types of issues.

    I could be wrong, but I’m my opinion, it I think if you should be placed in a match where the outcome is not pre-destined.
  • Here's my opinion. I've won alot, 90% vs. (supposed) superior oppenents. Do your homework. In setup phase, look at their roster, guess their off/def teams, individual stats, and plan your att/def. Speed difference matters. My oppenents usually have 3-4 super teams, then dramatically suck. I have 12-14 decent teams and usually outlast them unless they put super teams on def
  • I would assume it's seeding, in most tournaments a high seed player is matched against a low seed player, just how the brackets work
  • Serge wrote: »
    And these are only the first 80 characters. But in the war often play 90 or more.
    Good thing then that you have the G11 advantage in both matches. Because most of those toon fall short of top 80.

    Who needs these G11s? ))) 99% of them are absolutely useless.
  • Yet another bitchpost. If you don't spend money, you won't win PvP that's how money works. I've beaten players with literally 10x my G12 as well as 5x my G13. This is about strategy and knowing the meta. You're **** about a few mods and 100k, when we have people beating people with 1 mil or more GP over them.

    You're literally just a new dog complaining an older player has a more refined and centrist roster than you.
    These are just words. Let's get the facts.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Serge wrote: »
    I know. But for me: The difference is about 50k.
    A less than one third of a percent difference.
    Now calculate the percentage of characters involved in the war. It's not a percentage. One T13 malak is enough to prevent a player without malak. And this is only ~ 10k.
  • Nauros
    4827 posts Member
    Serge wrote: »
    Serge wrote: »
    And these are only the first 80 characters. But in the war often play 90 or more.
    Good thing then that you have the G11 advantage in both matches. Because most of those toon fall short of top 80.

    Who needs these G11s? ))) 99% of them are absolutely useless.

    You would be surprised. When the top teams on both sides cancel out, which isn't uncommon, it's decided by those 80-90k, mostly G11 second-class teams.
  • It is ridiculous to read these "tips" - to play better and harder from people who, most likely, are winning losers. But what if the opponent has all the G13 droids, and you don’t have G13 Revan, CLS or Padme? What if the opponent is not stupid and played correctly? That's right - just accept defeat. And is this an honest game?

    Honestly, do not understand why only 80 characters are taken into account by the GP, while often many units pass from 2-3 times. That is 90-100 characters plays.

    The problem is that I do not believe that in my GP there are no rivals about my level and warehouse. But the game has a very ... crooked selection mechanism.

    You just need to take into account the GP of the whole warehouse. Not 80 characters. All. Next, play as you like. Gradually strong players will leave for the major leagues and will play among themselves.
  • Serge wrote: »
    Who needs these G11s? ))) 99% of them are absolutely useless.
    Then you are using them badly. I have a great many G11s who serve me well. Selecting good counters goes a long way toward overcoming gear disadvantages.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Serge wrote: »
    Who needs these G11s? ))) 99% of them are absolutely useless.
    Then you are using them badly. I have a great many G11s who serve me well. Selecting good counters goes a long way toward overcoming gear disadvantages.

    g11 is relevant for 4-3 leagues. But in 1-2 they no longer play a role (except perhaps for clones).

    Here is a striking example of the absurdity of the current selection of rivals. Look at the leader of Division 2. Low GM. But! The most important characters - Drevan and Malak in G13. I am 100% sure that his rivals do not have such a Malak and Drevan. Most likely there are no malaks at all. And they simply cannot win Drevan. But he passes them. That's all. And no “skill" is needed.
  • @Gramitron2000 you are right, most of the time the teams stink. I can usually defeat every team , even though they’re superior. The only times I’m defeated, it’s either I go in too soft and am beaten, or the put their Sith empire team on defense. Then there’s nothing that can be done. I have literally used my entire roster and couldn’t even beat 1 of the toons on the team.

    Other than rosters with Sith empire and those without, most every other match up is manageable. Even with Sith empire counters, if they’re not gear 13 you’ve got little chance. In my experience, anyway. But all I’ve faces are full squads of gear 13 teams.
  • The good news is there’s only a few more months left f this. Then they’ll nerf the Sith empire squad and make room for the new and improved toy. Until then...
  • Hopefully with a new lead producer the next meta won't be a "tip of the spear" toon.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Serge wrote: »
    And again the old question. How are rivals selected?

    Is it really not understand that 100k of difference is a lot? See the difference in level 13 and modules.

    zpktt0dmvepq.png
    8bx6kk2uxt75.png

    Why is the GP only the first 80 characters taken into account? Indeed, in an attack 9-10 units often take part - not 8 !!! A player with a large warehouse has more options in attack. Why aren't 90-100 characters considered?

    Because people whined about how they inflated their rosters when HOTH TB came out.
  • There's the conundrum, do you expand your roster to help your guild in TB or do you shrink your roster for GA?
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • There's the conundrum, do you expand your roster to help your guild in TB or do you shrink your roster for GA?

    If u expand ur roster to help ur guild in geo TB you will have,
    - GG squad (top 4 team)
    - Geonosian squad (very good)
    - Strong Asajj / Dooku (NS / Maul team)
    - Decent leftover sepratist squad

    They will help u in GEO TB & GAC.

  • Waqui
    8574 posts Member
    OBoogieIII wrote: »
    @Waqui 4-8 big spenders? No. 4-8 big to moderate spenders? Yes.

    In the post, I refered to, you wrote this:
    OBoogieIII wrote: »
    The reason behind this, is the top 4 are all big spenders.

    So, which is it? What's you claim?
    3-4 matches, per Round, that I personally have been put in are unwinnable. Not difficult to win, literally unwinnable. I’ve used my entire roster to beat one team and couldn’t even make a dent in the team.

    If you really can't win more battles than 3-4 every round, you should either rethink your strategy (keep your strong counters for offense) or investigate which counters to those team are out there. Farm/gear/mod one those counters.

    You can't really blame matchmaking for your own deficiencies.
    Personally, I don’t think that should ever happen. Win or lose, I should be able to have something on my roster that could defeat the team I’m up against.

    I agree. However, I believe we don't quite agree on who/what is to blame for this.
    If it’s about strategy, I should be able to strategically put some team together from my current roster to win.

    Or you should be able to strategicaly plan and choose which characters and teams to gear/farm/mod. Preparing well in-between GAs is also part of a winning strategy.
    If not, then why not just give them an automatic win and not waste our time?

    If you keep loosing that many battles every round, why don't you just farm stronger teams? Your problem doesn't seem to be the matchmaking algorithm.

  • If you dont have JKR / DR or Sepratists ready to go by now that's on you (DR sept 5)

    Padme is understandable since it only came out 2x
  • Waqui
    8574 posts Member
    OBoogieIII wrote: »
    @RandomSithLord you are 100% right. They do all have counters, it is up to the player to level and gear those counters. [/qoute]

    Since you understand this, how come you continue with this?:

    The problem I have is, when the teams you’re up against are above anything you have on your current roster. Meaning, maybe you are working on the counter, but they can’t beat a full team of, whatever gear 13s.

    It's like you agree on the basics (it's up to you to farm the strong/counter teams), but can't quite relate it to your own situation, and still you blame it on matchmaking and not on your farming choices.
    Most teams can be beat with multiple counters, except for Sith empire.

    Check again. Those too have multiple counters.
    But if you unload your entire roster gear 12 and what few gear 13s you should be able to beat that team.

    Why? Why should you be able to win by throwing multiple random g12/13 characters at a team? Selecting which team to use matters. Strategy, you know. It matters.
    They fact that I did that and couldn’t means I probably shouldn’t have been against that team. A lot of people have ran into these types of issues.

    No, it means that you should rethink your strategy.
    I could be wrong, but I’m my opinion, it I think if you should be placed in a match where the outcome is not pre-destined.

    I don't agree. Why should you have easier opponents just because you didn't develop your roster well? However, look on the bright side: Later in the GAC, when the effect of leagues kicks in, the chance of having even matches increases.

  • Waqui
    8574 posts Member
    There's the conundrum, do you expand your roster to help your guild in TB or do you shrink your roster for GA?

    Since GAC introduced a new matchmaking algorithm, we're past this.
  • @Waqui not teams. Actual team but still couldn’t defeat ONE person? That’s seems right? That’s fairly unacceptable, to me.

    I can relate as far as farming and improving. What I blame on matchmaking is being paired with someone that you can’t beat, not even by attacking with every single team in you roster. Again, not random toons thrown together, but actual teams. So 30+ attacks and not single person down.
    You’re correct there, there are , my mistake. None that I’ve got available though..... yet. Muahhahahaa

    There’s not a strategy against Sith empire, for me, at the moment, because I’ve got no way to beat a all geared 13 Sith empire team. Not a strategic anything can help, at the moment. I’ve thrown all I’ve got. Every single team. There’s no strategy there. It’s just one team can over power an entire roster.

    By the time that happens I will have evened the odds, for the most part. I’ll at least have a gear 13 Padme team to throw out, and DR when he comes around again. Although I’ll be without Malak, curse you timing.

    I respect your opinion, but I think it wouldn’t technically be easier opponents, it would just be more roster centric opponents. Opponents that myself and others in my position have the opportunity to beat. At the moment from my standpoint, I’ve got 2-3 matches I’d have to fight tooth and nail to beat, but they are still winnable matches. Then 4 that no matter what I do I can not win. I’d rather fight tooth and nail and lose , than to lose before I even have a chance to attack.

    I’d like the same chance at winning as other. Form what I’ve seen there are teams that only really have 1 match, two at tops. The rest are give me easy wins, where all they have to do is set a Sith empire team.
  • @sir_Phantom_Jedi I’m sure it still will be. Look at the gear 13 and 14 ( call the relics what you want, it’s gear 14+7). That’s just another way to separate the haves and have nots. Look at the people on here that bash anyone for not agreeing that they should just be given wins. The way GAC is set up is just a way for whales to beat up on the small fish. Then talk about how good they are here. They can say build your roster all they want. I’ve built and built and built. I play every day, participate and perform well in every event, and I still get thrashed, for the most part in GAC. All teams have to do is place one team for defense and they win, then they call it strategy. To me, that’s laughable. There’s no strategy to that. It’s I have this team and you don’t, so I win.
  • Finch1221 wrote: »
    You can always force mistakes from the opponent,

    One time I beat someone I should've lost to just by turning that wait-for-me-to-go-first strategy thing around on him. I let him think I forgot about it, then I went in the last half hour -- he simply didn't have enough time to out-win me.

    Sometimes when brute force won't work, tactics will win the day.
  • Waqui
    8574 posts Member
    OBoogieIII wrote: »
    @Waqui not teams. Actual team but still couldn’t defeat ONE person? That’s seems right? That’s fairly unacceptable, to me.

    If that's unacceptable to you, I'd suggest you do something about it instead of asking the developers to solve your problem for you.
    I can relate as far as farming and improving. What I blame on matchmaking is being paired with someone that you can’t beat, not even by attacking with every single team in you roster.

    It's funny how on one side, you seem to understand, that it's up to you to farm the counter teams, you need, but still you blame matchmaking.
    Again, not random toons thrown together, but actual teams. So 30+ attacks and not single person down.

    Why didn't you just use a counter team for your first attack?

    (Throwing 30 teams at it seems pretty random to me)
    There’s not a strategy against Sith empire, for me, at the moment, because I’ve got no way to beat a all geared 13 Sith empire team.

    Find/develop a way then, if you don't have one.
    Not a strategic anything can help, at the moment.

    Again: Building your roster in between GAs is strategy as well.
    I’ve thrown all I’ve got. Every single team. There’s no strategy there. It’s just one team can over power an entire roster.

    If you don't have a counter, yes. What's the problem? You seem to understand, that it's up to you to build your counters. But at the same time, you don't.
    I respect your opinion, but I think it wouldn’t technically be easier opponents, it would just be more roster centric opponents.

    They would be easier for you, wouldn't they?
    Opponents that myself and others in my position have the opportunity to beat. At the moment from my standpoint, I’ve got 2-3 matches I’d have to fight tooth and nail to beat, but they are still winnable matches. Then 4 that no matter what I do I can not win. I’d rather fight tooth and nail and lose , than to lose before I even have a chance to attack.

    Wouldn't you rather fight and win?

    And why should others have tougher opponents, just because you want an easy one?
    I’d like the same chance at winning as other.

    It's a championship. Players with strong rosters have a higher chance of winning. What's the problem? Why should players with weaker rosters have the same chance of winning?
    Form what I’ve seen there are teams that only really have 1 match, two at tops. The rest are give me easy wins, where all they have to do is set a Sith empire team.

    Doesn't this make you want to build and have a counter?

  • @Waqui you don’t think the first thing I did was throw the counters that I have built as well as I can so far at them? Of course that’s the first two teams I used. It did not end up well for me. Granted a lot of that has to do with his team was built great. Gear 13, great mods, right team synergy. So, my point is the best I had to throw at him wasn’t enough. At the time I had 2 gear 13s on that team. So it was lambs to the slaughter.

    I appreciate the advice and of course I work every day to make my roster better and more competitive, but it doesn’t change the fact that every match should be winnable. Before they changed the rules I was winning a championship almost every time. It got boring. I had really one match, maybe 2 that I had to worry about. Occasionally I’d get something thrown at me where I was like wow this one is going to be tough. I was glad they changed it. The change was to make things more competitive, it had the opposite affect.

    I would like to fight and win, yes. That’s the point right now, I can’t. Most matches it’s over before it begins. It’s hard for me to understand why wouldn’t people want to be able to win every match. I don’t want give me wins, I don’t want to have anything handed over. I’d like the chance to win. Just a chance. Should that be too much to ask for?
  • OBoogieIII wrote: »
    @Waqui you don’t think the first thing I did was throw the counters that I have built as well as I can so far at them? Of course that’s the first two teams I used. It did not end up well for me. Granted a lot of that has to do with his team was built great. Gear 13, great mods, right team synergy. So, my point is the best I had to throw at him wasn’t enough. At the time I had 2 gear 13s on that team. So it was lambs to the slaughter.

    I appreciate the advice and of course I work every day to make my roster better and more competitive, but it doesn’t change the fact that every match should be winnable. Before they changed the rules I was winning a championship almost every time. It got boring. I had really one match, maybe 2 that I had to worry about. Occasionally I’d get something thrown at me where I was like wow this one is going to be tough. I was glad they changed it. The change was to make things more competitive, it had the opposite affect.

    I would like to fight and win, yes. That’s the point right now, I can’t. Most matches it’s over before it begins. It’s hard for me to understand why wouldn’t people want to be able to win every match. I don’t want give me wins, I don’t want to have anything handed over. I’d like the chance to win. Just a chance. Should that be too much to ask for?

    It sounds like you are trying. But the counter bot and a game changer video are not the be all end all. Do more research. 5 minutes on Google. You probably have the right roster but the wrong team setup or defense or counter strategy.

    The good thing is a lot of recent teams are not so reliant on speed or require only one engine toon to be super fast. Bonus Turns from GG and Padme and tacking all your good speed mods on Rex can help.
  • @VonZant I did research, but it’s been a while now. I will do some more research. I’m sure some things have changed since I last looked. Man, sometimes it’s the simple things lol
  • oh look, another post complaining about GA matchups....
Sign In or Register to comment.