Is the Negotiator going to be worth it?

Having seen footage of the ship in action on YouTube it looks highly underwhelming.

It gets stomped by Akbar meta teams.

Am I missing something that’ll make this ship worth it?

Replies

• New toons and ships, probably
  • Probably the new ships that go with it. When they get released, there’s the new ship meta
  • Most of the footage available is with a 5 star Negotiator. So not really a comparison in my opinion.
  • Yeet
  • Am I missing something that’ll make this ship worth it?
    7 stars? You don't even get the benefit of all abilities, not to speak of stats.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Bizanteen wrote: »
    Most of the footage available is with a 5 star Negotiator. So not really a comparison in my opinion.

Agreed that it's hard to tell with a 5*. Stats aren't maxed, and you're missing two reinforcement slots. One can argue that even if you'd never call four, having the extra slots gives you a variety of choices.

I feel like it always takes a little bit for people to think of the best lineup for the fleet Meta anyway.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    Most of the footage available is with a 5 star Negotiator. So not really a comparison in my opinion.

Agreed that it's hard to tell with a 5*. Stats aren't maxed, and you're missing two reinforcement slots. One can argue that even if you'd never call four, having the extra slots gives you a variety of choices.

I feel like it always takes a little bit for people to think of the best lineup for the fleet Meta anyway.

Is it not 3 reinforcement slots at 5*? Two at 3*, three at 5* and four at 7*.
  • You'll have 5 teams instead of 4. Even if one is mediocre it's still a leg up
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Probably the first mistake was watching a YouTube video on it. I can count on my one missing finger how many times a YouTube video has helped me in this game.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »

Correct, a 5 star capital ship has 3 RI slots, which is plenty for most battles. The real problem is the disparity in stats and abilities between a 5 star capital ship and a 7 star one.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »

Correct, a 5 star capital ship has 3 RI slots, which is plenty for most battles. The real problem is the disparity in stats and abilities between a 5 star capital ship and a 7 star one.

And speed. Curious how fast a maxed negotiator would be.

Also - in the one video I watched he had Anakin in the starting lineup every time. Even though he gets a starting bonus, his reinforce + 5s AOE is just disgusting - even with Mace. Should be even better with GK. Would love to see that comp tested out.
  • 5* Negotiator is slower than Home One and 7* is faster. It's the main difference which should really turn the tide. Amount of reinforcements slots doesn't actually matter against HMF (at least with Bistan).
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited September 2019

I'd tend to agree with this, mostly due to the fact that a 5* will be significantly slower than a 7*. Although I also feel like Malevolence will probably end up being the superior capital, assuming equal levels of cap ship and fleet development on both sides.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator

I don't actually remember I guess.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    VonZant wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

And speed. Curious how fast a maxed negotiator would be.

Also - in the one video I watched he had Anakin in the starting lineup every time. Even though he gets a starting bonus, his reinforce + 5s AOE is just disgusting - even with Mace. Should be even better with GK. Would love to see that comp tested out.

This two. I watched the video and I don't think starting is the best place for Anakin. Enemy just focuses them down. Doesn't matter if he has the no die bonus, he is still sitting at low health from early on. Coming in with an AoE expose and popping it with offense up and crit damage up while a tank is already taunting seems like a better strat.
  • The Negotiator is just a distraction... The Malevolence is the real price! ...and will probably be released as a legendary event with The Negotiator as a soft requirement. Probably.