5-Star Malak Should Not Be Meta

Prev13
I get that you want to be greedy and somehow have DR and Malak teams be stronger than Rebels even though Rebels are harder to get when you do the math. But don’t reward these nobodies with high spots in squad arena every day when they got the five star Malak and not the 7 star. The five star version is still so impossible strong that I just lost to a 97k team with my 123k Rebels. He just doesn’t wanna die. Then he instantly life steals and heals up. It’s beyond frustrating. Again, my point is that 5-star should not be this powerful. For any character. Thank you.

Replies

• Options
    They really don’t care. Revan-ue / Milk is meta. It won’t change, so just blast them with GG or up your offense beyond 3800 on Rebels so Han one shots them.
  • Options
    Hey buddy do you expect old characters to beat new ones.

CLS isnt even a top 5 team IMO hes the 6rh best but requires too much.

Malak is literally a mythical character.

But hey ReBeLs ShOuLd BeAt SiTh LoRdS.

I mean bruh :P

He isnt event P2W anymore...
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    I get that you want to be greedy and somehow have DR and Malak teams be stronger than Rebels even though Rebels are harder to get when you do the math. But don’t reward these nobodies with high spots in squad arena every day when they got the five star Malak and not the 7 star. The five star version is still so impossible strong that I just lost to a 97k team with my 123k Rebels. He just doesn’t wanna die. Then he instantly life steals and heals up. It’s beyond frustrating. Again, my point is that 5-star should not be this powerful. For any character. Thank you.

Why would you bring rebels to a malak fight? And if rebels are harder to get than SE why don't you have malak?
  • Options
    Kokie wrote: »

Why would you bring rebels to a malak fight? And if rebels are harder to get than SE why don't you have malak?

Facts.
  • Options

Use the right tool for the job, it's not the game's fault you're trying to use a saw to hammer a nail.
  • Options
    It’s now been documented in in-depth video by experts that Rebels plus Thrawn instead of R2 for fracture on Malak will defeat them once you get all your mods and numbers right. The problem is you get Thrawn either too early when death trooper ( really, by the way? An unnamed character is stronger than a fivesome of the most beloved characters in the history of the franchise?) is still taunting, or too late when DR and company have already killed you. Don’t think I haven’t studied strategies and know what I’m doing. CLS rebels can absolutely defeat DR and Malak, and sometimes I do, when everything lines up right. But most of the time, without fracture, you have to one shot Malak to make him die and that’s nearly impossible even for heavy hitters like Han Solo, EVEN WHEN HES AT FIVE STAR. The bottom line is 5 Star Malak is way too powerful. Most Malaks in my top 50 are 5 star because these are noob hacks who wish they were good at this game. They would never have the wherewithal to gain and develop the rebels as I have. I’ve earned the right to be in the top 10 every day. My squad is technically stronger than almost everyone on my shard. I easily crush all jedi Revan teams, but the top 50 is now flooded with mostly DR. Anyone can get five star anything. It shouldn’t give them this unbeatable meta. It’s embarrassing. It makes me want to quit the game.
  • Options
    Kokie wrote: »

Part of it is a long-term investment in the games most iconic characters knowing that - most likely with relics, and eventually the next Luke - they will surpass DR meta, which will become as it should be: a passing fad that you all wasted your time. And on that day you will know that I am Silverback, The Vanilla Gorilla, Leader of Troops, Hunter of Trophies, and the Truest of Champions.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    It’s now been documented in in-depth video by experts that Rebels plus Thrawn instead of R2 for fracture on Malak will defeat them once you get all your mods and numbers right. The problem is you get Thrawn either too early when death trooper ( really, by the way? An unnamed character is stronger than a fivesome of the most beloved characters in the history of the franchise?) is still taunting, or too late when DR and company have already killed you. Don’t think I haven’t studied strategies and know what I’m doing.

So, you've studied strategies and know what you are doing, but still you can't make your own team work and can't get the turn order right? That's.... "interesting".

• Options
    2 things:

1) paragraphs

2) if you’ve earned the right to be top 10 every day because your squad is technically stronger than everyone else, you’d be doing that.

The game evolves. When new teams / toons come out, either make sure you get them or you develop a counter.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Oh! Btw. low star Nihilus, Sion, Shoretrooper, Hound's Tooth, Millenium Falcon, Chimaera, Chaze, Han, General Kenobi, Traya and friends say "Hi!" from the past.
  • Options
    By the way I have Gear XIII everything. I just did another battle with a 5-star Malak with no death trooper so I went right for Malak. GEAR 13 everything versus a 5 star toon with NO PROTECTION and Han shoots first only took half his health, which he regained, I shot again, at that point CLS is killed before they even get their turn. Han shoots him 10-12 times in the brief fight and he doesn’t even think about dying. Han Solo. 10-12 shots. 5 star guy. No protection. Kills my whole team.
  • Options
    Takes maybe five characters to get Malak? Takes 20 to get Rebels plus raiding in a guild with Han. Change the system.
  • Options
    He converts all his protection to health. So you’re probably trying to take down a good 80-90k

You should read his kit. And use one of the successful counters, rather than continuously trying to mash your square peg into the round hole.
  • _Reaper_
    109 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Most Malaks in my top 50 are 5 star because these are noob hacks who wish they were good at this game. They would never have the wherewithal to gain and develop the rebels as I have. I’ve earned the right to be in the top 10 every day. My squad is technically stronger than almost everyone on my shard. I easily crush all jedi Revan teams, but the top 50 is now flooded with mostly DR. Anyone can get five star anything. It shouldn’t give them this unbeatable meta. It’s embarrassing. It makes me want to quit the game.

For now it looks like the only noob there is you.
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • Options

I understand your frustration, but this is how the game works dude. Either jump on the train or fall behind. That's the way it has always been. I agree that Malak is over the top OP, but he's not a novelty anymore and there's ways to deal with him. But the best way is still just getting your own. So get going and farm your own Malak. It will help you in the long run.
  • Options
    If you're the greatest of great players in this game you would know that there is no deathtrooper on the team, its sith trooper, who is another tank. Btw how do you know the others are noobs? If they r in your arena shard wouldnt that make you a noob also? I'm asking BC well you're arena shard is grouped with others who started at the same time you did, so dont be angry they farmed a better team than you did.
  • Options
    Takes maybe five characters to get Malak? Takes 20 to get Rebels plus raiding in a guild with Han. Change the system.

That's way off. What five are you thinking of? You need 12 characters to get Malak. WIth 10 of those characters needing to be over 17500 power. Which means gear 12 or zeta'd characters. 20 for rebels seems like a lot but you have options to choose from. Not for Malak.

just a tip, don't attack Malak first with rebels. One of his zeta's is putting fear on anyone who crit hits him (IE rebels) leaving yo vulnerable.
  • Options

Hah!

It takes 10 characters to get malak, and there’s a minimum power requirement of 17.5K GP . You thinking it’s 5, and “easier to get than Rebels” suggests you don’t have him. And looking at your previous posts about the JKR meta I’m not sure you’ve unlocked him either.

Darth Revan, Malak etc are endgame content. You can have them when you’re older.
  • Options

Hah!

It takes 10 characters to get malak, and there’s a minimum power requirement of 17.5K GP . You thinking it’s 5, and “easier to get than Rebels” suggests you don’t have him. And looking at your previous posts about the JKR meta I’m not sure you’ve unlocked him either.

Darth Revan, Malak etc are endgame content. You can have them when you’re older.

You need 12
  • Options
    But... but... @SilverbackMM said it was 5?! 😉
  • Options
    OP, I think you are confusing Death Trooper and Sith Trooper.
  • Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »

And 2019 with 2017
  • Tsuo_Vook
    62 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

You... uh... I get the feeling you might not be paying a lot of attention to how the game works?

It explicitly takes a minimum of 10 well-geared characters to unlock Malak at 5 stars. It takes 2 more characters farmed up to 7-star. If we include Malak and Sith Trooper, it takes 14 characters—starred, geared, and leveled to various degrees—to build and run the DRevan/Malak meta squad.

Now yes, if you're running the standard CLS "meta" team (which, admittedly, hasn't been meta for a while), that takes 24 characters—starred, geared, and leveled; though most can be developed to a lower degree. 5 Empire for R2; R2 + 4 rebels for CLS; 5 bounty hunters for Chewie; 5 Ewoks for 3PO; and then developing the team members once they're unlocked. Most of these farms, though, are substantially easier. If you want to optimize your farming, you'll want Bossk, Jango, and Wicket off hard nodes; and Logray and Dengar out of the guild currency store. Compare to 6 hard node farms on high-level hard nodes for the Malak team: Bastila, Jolee, Zaalbar, BSF, Juhani, and Carth. Given that the pieces for the CLS team unlock often show up in low-energy Cantina nodes and places like Galactic War store—and can be farmed with more simultaneity, given the diversity of locations they appear in—the argument that the Malak grind is easier lacks a lot of context.

tl;dr your argument would be marginally better if you weren't saying things that are wildly off base.

• Options
    I'm kind of annoyed that a CLS team with 5* C3PO can defeat my Wiggs meta team. Change it!
  • Options
    By the way I have Gear XIII everything. I just did another battle with a 5-star Malak with no death trooper so I went right for Malak. GEAR 13 everything versus a 5 star toon with NO PROTECTION and Han shoots first only took half his health, which he regained, I shot again, at that point CLS is killed before they even get their turn. Han shoots him 10-12 times in the brief fight and he doesn’t even think about dying. Han Solo. 10-12 shots. 5 star guy. No protection. Kills my whole team.

>Fights a drevan/ malak team
    >Goes straight for malak

I think i know why you're losing fam...
  • Options
    Lysandrax wrote: »

>Fights a drevan/ malak team
    >Goes straight for malak

I think i know why you're losing fam...

Just experimenting
  • Options

They’re both False Troopers
  • Options
    Malak still counters your counterattack. That’s like changing the rules of the universe for one character. He’s not that special.
  • Options

They’re both False Troopers

I'm sorry what's a "False Trooper"?