5-Star Malak Should Not Be Meta

Replies

• Options
    What I’m saying is this: I can’t imagine Malak being THAT MUCH MORE powerful at 7 stars than he already is at 5 stars. He’s already killing everything in one or two shots. He kills CLS in one or two retaliatory strikes when he still has Guard up from Chewie and is Gear XIII. A five star character without even close to Gear 12. I’m saying let’s get the numbers right. There’s something inherently wrong with the principle of the whole thing. He’s a barely known character from a couple of old PC games.
  • Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    OP, I think you are confusing Death Trooper and Sith Trooper.

They’re both False Troopers

I'm sorry what's a "False Trooper"?

One of hundreds of unnecessary types of troopers in the Star Wars universe. No one cares about them. They’re unnnamed characters who can’t hit anything. They’re there for effect like wallpaper. The Sith wouldn’t have needed troopers. They were secretive. The whole death trooper thing is an oxymoron because stormtroopers never killed anything. So if the main product failed, what happens when you specialize the product?
  • Options
    @SilverbackMM death troopers are a personal guard for krennic, they seemed to do quite well at killing/hitting things in the film..

Sith trooper is from before the rule of two, at the point where sith/Jedi were at war and had quite large territory’s to defend/conquer.

Nice as it is your having a rant about loosing to a team you ‘should’ beat, learn your lore, there is more to the Star Wars universe than just the films..

Oh and farm for Malak, you might learn something.
  • Options
    Takes maybe five characters to get Malak? Takes 20 to get Rebels plus raiding in a guild with Han. Change the system.

Hah. Takes 12 characters to get Malak.

2 legendaries, 5 hard nodes, 3 cantina and 1 fleet.

All 17500 + power (g12 or g10 with zetas)

Way harder than CLS

(C-3PO Is better on Padmé anyways)
  • Options
    What I’m saying is this: I can’t imagine Malak being THAT MUCH MORE powerful at 7 stars than he already is at 5 stars. He’s already killing everything in one or two shots. He kills CLS in one or two retaliatory strikes when he still has Guard up from Chewie and is Gear XIII. A five star character without even close to Gear 12. I’m saying let’s get the numbers right. There’s something inherently wrong with the principle of the whole thing. He’s a barely known character from a couple of old PC games.

You don’t understand his kit.

His special, drain life, means he removes 100% of a character’s max health. So the following things apply:

- he will 2 shot pretty much any character in the game*. One shot them if they have no protection left.
    - it doesn’t matter how well levelled or starred or geared he is for that attack
    - It doesn’t matter how well levelled or starred or geared the toon he attacks is either. Or if they have guard.
    - He will 2 shot a g13 CLS with some protection on him, same for a g7 CUP with some protection on her. Stats don’t matter, other than how much your max health and protection are. (If you have more protection than max health, you might survive 3 hits of drain force)

His unique, jaws of life, means that every time you take him below 75%, 50%, 25% Health, he gets an instant turn and gets to use drain life straight away. He’s not “countering” a counter attack (something you claimed earlier). He’s getting an instant turn for hitting those thresholds.

TL;DR : you aren’t going to get far against him using a team that was fleetingly meta 12 months ago.
  • Options
    This was the guy who made me think Thrawn plus Rebels gave me a chance to beat the game.

https://youtu.be/qGgFXEOhHrY
  • Options
    Sion, Nihilus, Baze, Shoretrooper, Bastila, Traya, Thrawn, Sith Trooper, Talzin, and Zombie have all been at least meta viable at low stars. Right now, Shaak Ti can tackle Malak at low stars. Characters being arena viable before seven stars ain't new.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    A characters kit is generally what makes a toon viable. Star level has more of an impact on stats. Whilst this might push a toon up a bit by making them hit harder or survive longer they are more than likely already going to be a top toon before then.
  • Options
    ...The problem is you get Thrawn either too early when death trooper ( really, by the way? An unnamed character is stronger than a fivesome of the most beloved characters in the history of the franchise?) is still taunting, or too late when DR and company have already killed you...

I’m playing for quite some time now. And I swear, I never saw death trooper taunting yet 🤔
    Catch up mate. Even bring in the meta or a good equipped and modded counter. But cls time has past long ago. You can’t expect to beat everything with this outdated squad
  • Options
    I'm kind of annoyed that a CLS team with 5* C3PO can defeat my Wiggs meta team. Change it!

I still use Wiggs! It'll whip back around eventually, and I'll be the one laughing!
  • Options

You don’t understand his kit.

His special, drain life, means he removes 100% of a character’s max health. So the following things apply:

- he will 2 shot pretty much any character in the game*. One shot them if they have no protection left.
    - it doesn’t matter how well levelled or starred or geared he is for that attack
    - It doesn’t matter how well levelled or starred or geared the toon he attacks is either. Or if they have guard.
    - He will 2 shot a g13 CLS with some protection on him, same for a g7 CUP with some protection on her. Stats don’t matter, other than how much your max health and protection are. (If you have more protection than max health, you might survive 3 hits of drain force)

His unique, jaws of life, means that every time you take him below 75%, 50%, 25% Health, he gets an instant turn and gets to use drain life straight away. He’s not “countering” a counter attack (something you claimed earlier). He’s getting an instant turn for hitting those thresholds.

TL;DR : you aren’t going to get far against him using a team that was fleetingly meta 12 months ago.

CUP is a she!? I may have to invest in CUP then...
  • Options
    SkylarSong wrote: »
    CUP is a she!? I may have to invest in CUP then...
    Kit uses male pronouns. Well, pronoun.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    5 star malak should not be meta

It's not... 7* g13 malak is meta :p

Jokes aside you mention getting stuck behind sith troopers taunt. If this is the case then you are either modding wrong or playing wrong. If you get the turn order setup correctly Sith Trooper shouldn't be an issue but you'll want 3P0 going before Thrawn otherwise you'll lose out on alot of TM gains.

Go back to the video you posted and rewatch the battles and keep tuning your team. Also consider that the modding targets for things like offense are a bit off in that video as it was released pre-g13. It's a very soft counter you are using and you shouldn't expect 100% success. But you should at least be getting down to lone malak on most of your matches. Remember to check HK, Bastila's and Sith Troopers tenacity before starting battle to help choose who to target with the opening Shoot's first. Because of HK's bonus tenacity it'll almost always be sensible to target him first. Also, if you have a high enough gear on qira you may also want to try using her instead of 3P0. You need her fast enough so it's a bit more mod intensive but potentially a bit more reliable results.

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    I get that you want to be greedy and somehow have DR and Malak teams be stronger than Rebels even though Rebels are harder to get when you do the math. But don’t reward these nobodies with high spots in squad arena every day when they got the five star Malak and not the 7 star. The five star version is still so impossible strong that I just lost to a 97k team with my 123k Rebels. He just doesn’t wanna die. Then he instantly life steals and heals up. It’s beyond frustrating. Again, my point is that 5-star should not be this powerful. For any character. Thank you.

Why would you bring rebels to a malak fight? And if rebels are harder to get than SE why don't you have malak?

Part of it is a long-term investment in the games most iconic characters knowing that - most likely with relics, and eventually the next Luke - they will surpass DR meta, which will become as it should be: a passing fad that you all wasted your time. And on that day you will know that I am Silverback, The Vanilla Gorilla, Leader of Troops, Hunter of Trophies, and the Truest of Champions.

Do you somehow believe that the people who got Malak won't also get Jedi Luke, or whatever else comes along that surpasses DR/Malak?
  • Options
    G13 malak is actually much better tgan the 5 star malak. I know my shard has several of both varieties. But even g13 malak can be countered. But countering him requires a team that actually has kits that counter his. Rebels don't do that very well.

I personally use darth revan and my 5 star malak now but before i got him, I used darth revan with thrawn and gmy. Between the fracture and shock, it isn't too hard to take even the g13 malaks down. And the tenacity up counters all the other debuffs the rest of the darth revan team puts on you.

The problem is rebels have none of these counters. If you throw in thrawn, you have one ability that counters. But no backup and nothing that counters the rest of the team.

That just doesn't lead to a high sucess rate. Because to fracture malak, you need to first dispel sith trooper, and have thrawn go again to fracture malak. This all has to be done before dark bastilla goes because if thrawn gets corrupted battle meditation, you can't fracture. If modded correctly it is possible but not likely to succeed very often.

The team would probably work better if you threw in gmy to get tenacity up as well. But at that point you only have 3 rebels so I'm not sure if it's worth using cls lead at all at that point.

But the fact remains, the cls old meta team has nothing in their kits that counter malak or darth revan. So it just won't win very often. You can not like it but it won't change things
  • Options
    Rhunne wrote: »
    One more thing and I'll leave it alone... Going back on your post history, man you complain... A lot... Like a lot a lot,... And really have a hard on for nefring the meta because you refuse to play it and think the iconic toons should be the best...

This serves no construction point at all other than you revealing you have no courage.
  • Options
    GEAR 13 HAN SOLO FIRING TWICE WITH GEAR 13 CHEWIE ASSISTING SHOULD BE ABLE TO ONE SHOT YOUR FIVE STAR MALAK DREAMS RATHER THAN LEAD TO AN INVINCIBLE CONUNDRUM THAT MURDERS YOUR TEAM LEADER. THATS THE BOTTOM LINE, BECAUSE THE VANILLA GORILLA SAYS SO.
    Or, you know, if your natural instinct is to shoot Malak first to get fear on your main damage dealer, naybe you are just bad at interpreting ability descriptions.

But let's just say Han will do 30k damage, Chewie 20k then Han 15k again. That's very generous, I have both of them at G13 and haven't seen those numbers against any viable team. That's 65k damage. Any well-modded thank should survive it at 5*. (I ignored the expose damage as Malak is barely hurt by health percentage damages. But it would be the same with a 5* Kylo).

7-star Gear 12 Yoda dies just fine every time.
  • Options
    GEAR 13 HAN SOLO FIRING TWICE WITH GEAR 13 CHEWIE ASSISTING SHOULD BE ABLE TO ONE SHOT YOUR FIVE STAR MALAK DREAMS RATHER THAN LEAD TO AN INVINCIBLE CONUNDRUM THAT MURDERS YOUR TEAM LEADER. THATS THE BOTTOM LINE, BECAUSE THE VANILLA GORILLA SAYS SO.
    Or, you know, if your natural instinct is to shoot Malak first to get fear on your main damage dealer, naybe you are just bad at interpreting ability descriptions.

But let's just say Han will do 30k damage, Chewie 20k then Han 15k again. That's very generous, I have both of them at G13 and haven't seen those numbers against any viable team. That's 65k damage. Any well-modded thank should survive it at 5*. (I ignored the expose damage as Malak is barely hurt by health percentage damages. But it would be the same with a 5* Kylo).

7-star Gear 12 Yoda dies just fine every time.

Is he a tank though? Read again. Different classes have different stats.

I have a hard time believing you can't mod a 5* G11 GK or Bossk for 70k health+protection.
  • Options

Reported for libel.
  • Options
    5 star malak should not be meta

It's not... 7* g13 malak is meta :p

Jokes aside you mention getting stuck behind sith troopers taunt. If this is the case then you are either modding wrong or playing wrong. If you get the turn order setup correctly Sith Trooper shouldn't be an issue but you'll want 3P0 going before Thrawn otherwise you'll lose out on alot of TM gains.

Go back to the video you posted and rewatch the battles and keep tuning your team. Also consider that the modding targets for things like offense are a bit off in that video as it was released pre-g13. It's a very soft counter you are using and you shouldn't expect 100% success. But you should at least be getting down to lone malak on most of your matches. Remember to check HK, Bastila's and Sith Troopers tenacity before starting battle to help choose who to target with the opening Shoot's first. Because of HK's bonus tenacity it'll almost always be sensible to target him first. Also, if you have a high enough gear on qira you may also want to try using her instead of 3P0. You need her fast enough so it's a bit more mod intensive but potentially a bit more reliable results.

An actual helpful comment! The problem is even when you do everything right, DR and Bastila can still aoe slaughter your whole team in one turn because they’re overpowered. I often have two of their guys down before they go, or three or two down plus fractured Malak, and they still just kill everyone. But yeah if I keep tweaking and upgrading the mods I might be alright. Someday.
  • Options
    By the way, I decided to push Rebels when Jedi Knight Revan was the meta and I beat them every time now. Unfortunately right when I would’ve dominated, DR with Malak became the meta.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Falcon fleet meta generally doesn’t require being maxed to win, plus the expectation is after it lasting this long it will end soon, so no, many people do not think they should g13 rebels for that reason. And even if they did g13 Han and Chewie for that reason that wouldn’t be the whole arena team.

Also stop shouting.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    Falcon fleet meta generally doesn’t require being maxed to win, plus the expectation is after it lasting this long it will end soon, so no, many people do not think they should g13 rebels for that reason. And even if they did g13 Han and Chewie for that reason that wouldn’t be the whole arena team.

Also stop shouting.

Excellent point. My rebel fleet is far from maxed and I take 1st easily enough in arena. I got han, chewie, and biggs to g12. My Ezra is g12 but the rest of my Phoenix is g10 or g11. I took cassian, jyn, and k2 to about g10 or 11 but it works fine there so no need to go higher. Wedge is g11. And i use ht so my bossk is g12.

I would take toons to g13 for fleet if needed but for me at least it isn't really necessary.
  • Options
    I really like reworking mods to make Thrawn faster, killing HK, Sith trooper and Fracturing Malak Just to have the completely overpowered Darth Revan and Bastila kill my whole team 2vs5 in one turn when I’m Gear XIII everyone Relic lvl 2 130k GP because that seems fair.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I really like reworking mods to make Thrawn faster, killing HK, Sith trooper and Fracturing Malak Just to have the completely overpowered Darth Revan and Bastila kill my whole team 2vs5 in one turn when I’m Gear XIII everyone Relic lvl 2 130k GP because that seems fair.
    Are you familiar with the term counter? Kits are more important than raw GP. A 20k Nest can solo an 80k Ewok team and the G12 CLS trio (let's say 60-65k) can take a 5-man G12 OR team.
  • Options
    Are you familiar with the term counter? Kits are more important than raw GP. A 20k Nest can solo an 80k Ewok team and the G12 CLS trio (let's say 60-65k) can take a 5-man G12 OR team.

Rebels with thrawn is a DR/Malak counter, it just doesn’t always work