Shaak Ti Shard Farming: 253/755=33.5% (7* update). Bonus Droideka, Xanadu, and B1!

Prev13
EventineElessedil
6171 posts Member
edited January 2020
It's been a while and I've seen a number of posts complaining about shard drop rates so I decided to track data on Fleet Node 5A while I'm farming for Shaak Ti. I started tracking this after I had already collected 56/330 shards. Here's what I have so far.
23 shards from 60 attempts = 38.3% drop rate. Better than the expected 33% but the sample size is still small.
15-30% gear salvage rate.
3-10% ship ability material rate.
100% rate on training droids, enhancement droids, credits, ship credits, ally points.
TKVveVa.png
Bottom line: nothing new here, confirming what we already think we know. Will update periodically.

7* Update 2020/01/07
  • 253 drops / 755 attempts = 33.5%
  • Blue/Purple gear = ~20%
  • Ship ability mats = ~4%
  • Ship reinforcement mats
    • Mk1 = ~3%
    • Mk2 = ~4%
    • Mk3 = ~5%
    • Omega = ~5%
    • Reinforcement = ~15%
    6e4foldnpg7v.png

F5B B1 Battle Droid: 172/525=32.8%
    o5ufa6iqqdhi.png

L8B Xanadu Blood: 178/510=34.9%
    2jnk1k4bj8w7.png
Post edited by EventineElessedil on

Replies

• TVF
    36583 posts Member
    As you said, way too small a sample size but I appreciate anyone who does this tracking.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TheJEFFtm
    917 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I'm the one dragging the numbers down... currently running 86/285 (or just a skosh over 30%)

Updated (17.Sep) to still a bit behind expected (but that isn't really news, with a 'slow' start the correction to normal will likely take longer to appear), now running at just over 30.5% at 119/390

Latest update (23.Sep) still 2 days behind expected but slowly creeping closer, now at 150/480 or 31.25%.

As of October 1st, 194/600 or 32.3%.

Post edited by TheJEFFtm on
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    89/260 = 34.2%

Will edit this one daily*

* unless I forget
    Post edited by DarjeloSalas on
  • How do you have 56 of 330 shards but you’ve only had 23 drops. Is the difference from store purchases?
  • He got to 56, then started keeping track.
  • He got to 56, then started keeping track.

Ahh, I misread. Thanks.
  • How do you have 56 of 330 shards but you’ve only had 23 drops. Is the difference from store purchases?
    He got to 56, then started keeping track.

Yes, got 3* from the Marquee, then collected a few shards from the node before deciding to keep track of the numbers. Have not purchased any shards from shipments. Promoted to 4* today.
  • any updates EventineElessedil

@DarjeloSalas I am slow farming this (no refreshes) so updates won't happen very often. Just surpassed 100 attempts though so not a bad place to update. 34 shards / 105 attempts = 32.4% drop rate.
    1xvgk03.png
  • You better hurry. There seems to be a void here upcoming. A good time to launch an event. An event that requires a marquee. I bet it drops this weekend or next. Take Shaak Ti and 4 501st to get General Anakin.
  • You better hurry. There seems to be a void here upcoming. A good time to launch an event. An event that requires a marquee. I bet it drops this weekend or next. Take Shaak Ti and 4 501st to get General Anakin.

I agree, it will be soon and I will miss it. That's okay I will get it next time around.

I agree, it will be soon and I will miss it. That's okay I will get it next time around.
    Better hope it's not the Malak style event they've been talking about. Who knows when it will show up and when it will return.

Though I don't think this will be that event.
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    Please make sure to save some shards to farm for an event so we can see how CG turns the knobs at event time.
  • Shakti drop rate is good. Not droideka and b1. 2 refresh and still 0 drop each 5 sims.
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    Banmeong wrote: »
    Shakti drop rate is good. Not droideka and b1. 2 refresh and still 0 drop each 5 sims.

This is not a drop rate, this is just results on a very small scale. Drop rate is ~33% for all shard farms.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Shakti drop rate is good. Not droideka and b1. 2 refresh and still 0 drop each 5 sims.

This is not a drop rate, this is just results on a very small scale. Drop rate is ~33% for all shard farms.

This. We just to need to pin page 3 of that other thread so we don't have to keep having this conversation.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

This. We just to need to pin page 3 of that other thread so we don't have to keep having this conversation.

I'd like to have this conversation on the KUU node.

So, the drop rate being 33% - Is that for both the character and the ship? Or are they separate? Or do they share it?

Because, from my own experience grinding this toon, it went fast.

My co-worker, who just turned 85 got him to 7 star really fast. He even said it's a lot faster than any of the other cantina toons he's tried. He is free to play and has 2 kids and works with me so I know he isn't spending.

I'm not arguing that it isn't 33% across the board. Though, this one seems off a bit.

If I wasn't spending cantina strictly on relic mats I might try to run a few sims for a refresher.
  • I feel like the drop rate is %70, because I did a 10 sim and got 7 shards. It's certainly %70. Farm it before cg nerfs this.
  • I only do 1 energy refresh on ships. I'm at 6/65 for shaak Tii. Carth I'm at 45/65. But here's the thing I only started farming Shaak Tii about 2 weeks ago and carth 2 months ago. I'm not rushing anything they are both back burner farms but it seems to me that I'm either doing pretty well farming Shaak Tii or carth is just a no bueno farm
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

I'd like to have this conversation on the KUU node.

So, the drop rate being 33% - Is that for both the character and the ship? Or are they separate? Or do they share it?

Because, from my own experience grinding this toon, it went fast.

My co-worker, who just turned 85 got him to 7 star really fast. He even said it's a lot faster than any of the other cantina toons he's tried. He is free to play and has 2 kids and works with me so I know he isn't spending.

I'm not arguing that it isn't 33% across the board. Though, this one seems off a bit.

If I wasn't spending cantina strictly on relic mats I might try to run a few sims for a refresher.

They are independent. Each time you do the node there is a 1/3 chance that the character shard will drop and a 1/3 chance that the ship shard will drop.

By the nature of probabilities, some people of the millions playing will happen to farm any particular character faster or slower than the average.
  • Banmeong wrote: »

Droideka drop rate is stellar. 80% confirmed.
    wLQHt4U.png

I kid, I kid. OK fine, I will track what's left of my Droideka farm too. Starting today.
  • Shaak'ti has been the worst of any character farm I've had ever, thus far. Currently at 44/170 for 25.8%.

Sith Fighter has been bad as well, 68/246 for 27.6%.
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    I'm pretty sure CG hired an intern to adjust the drop rates on every character every night.
    Last night they changed B1 drop rate to 60% (6/10) for me today. Tonight they will probably lower it to 10% and I will go 1/10 tomorrow morning.
  • I now have 133 total Shaak Ti shards. Only 12 more shards until 5*! Not enough to play for General Skywalker sadly.
    Why update today? Why not? I changed some of my color scheme, hope that's okay.
    • 220 tracked attempts, 77 shards have dropped, that's a 35.0% drop rate.
    • Blue gear drops ~23% of the time.
    • Purple gear ~20%
    • Ship ability mats Mk1-3 somewhere between 2%-5%
    • Reinforcement mats ~14%
    • Ship Omegas ~5.5%
    639i7ql.png
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    35% drop rate? That's on par with CG_TVFShill rates!
  • I know you have all been eagerly awaiting this update, and it's finally here! Promoted Shaak Ti to 5* today so it's time for an update. This time I will fulfill the promise of including Droideka and B1 drop rates.
    Some players speculate that drop rates are manipulated during special events, such as the recent General Anakin Skywalker Epic Confrontation. In the following charts, the yellow bars highlight the shard drops I received after the GAS event was announced. The orange bars highlight the drops I received during the GAS event. The pink line is the 5-point moving average, with dots to highlight when the GAS event was announced/started/ended.
    So here's where I am so far.

Shaak Ti: 33.6%
    • 89 shards / 265 attempts = 33.6%
    • Blue gear ~23%
    • Purple gear ~21%
    • Ship ability mats Mk1-3 3%-5%
    • Reinforcement mats ~14%
    • Ship Omegas ~9%
    Nothing particular suspicious noted about drop rate changes during the GAS event.
    4W4Fp3F.png

Droideka: 33.3%
    Oath fulfilled. Gear drops 20-30%. Still no evidence of malicious devs tweaking drop rates.
    tliqOgq.png

Xanadu Blood: 38.0%
    Can't farm Droideka without the Xanadu Blood bonus. Drops have been consistently higher than Droideka but perhaps not significantly so. We shall see ere the end.
    k20u2Jr.png

B1 Battle Droid: 33.6%
    Fleet farms are such a drag. Gold gear dropping at ~19%. Still no evidence of sneaky devs reducing drop rates.
    33Cro73.png

Also putting this stuff in the first post.

Wait wait wait. On the day GAS was announced, I went 0/5 on both Droideka and B1. COINCIDENCE?!? You decide.
  • This is outstanding work.

And I’ve noticed that they appear to have nerfed the “drop rate complaint thread” drop rate. Much fewer of them of late than before.

It’s posts like yours that will lead us toward sniffing them out for good.
  • This is outstanding work.

And I’ve noticed that they appear to have nerfed the “drop rate complaint thread” drop rate. Much fewer of them of late than before.

It’s posts like yours that will lead us toward sniffing them out for good.

?????????
    :s

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Blooming autocorrect!