why does luke Skywalker not have a lightsaber?

It's baffling to me that luke isn't a jedi and doesn't have a lightsaber. Big disappointment in my book

Replies

• I think they will eventually release Jedi Knight Luke. Fingers crossed that level 90/Gear 20 Luke transforms into Jedi Knight Luke. Maybe Level 90/Gear 20 Old Ben can go all Benjamin Button and transform into Jedi Knight Ben, lol.
  • Because EA/CG don't understand the canon and did no research on things...
  • The characters are taken from specific moments of their histories, like Anakin & Vader are separate characters in game, that Luke is Tatooine Luke slumming around Tochi station.

Jedi Luke isn't in game because one day in the future the developers will be able to announce he's coming "soon" to the collective squee of the playerbase.
  • vangoh
    127 posts Member
    Because you don't understand canon. He is supposed to be episode 4 Luke before he meets obi wan and gets his lightsaber. He has the rifle when he gets ambushed by the sandpeople
  • Lightsaber Luke is available for only $ 59, 99 (3 star unlock)
    Comes with 100, 000 credits and 5 mk3 ability mats
    Upon release he will have 3 broken abilities and Rex will have moved from Chromium to Cantina Battles 2E and 7B
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Why is there no +1 option for InternetSwag's post?
  • vangoh wrote: »
    Because you don't understand canon. He is supposed to be episode 4 Luke before he meets obi wan and gets his lightsaber. He has the rifle when he gets ambushed by the sandpeople

I am fully aware the story of the movie. My point was star wars is epitomised by jedi luke vs darth vadar(like the screen opening of the game) just a shame this scenario is not currently possible
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    The characters are taken from specific moments of their histories, like Anakin & Vader are separate characters in game, that Luke is Tatooine Luke slumming around Tochi station.

Jedi Luke isn't in game because one day in the future the developers will be able to announce he's coming "soon" to the collective squee of the playerbase.

This is the answer.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    The characters are taken from specific moments of their histories, like Anakin & Vader are separate characters in game, that Luke is Tatooine Luke slumming around Tochi station.

This is the answer.

I hope so! Although they'll probably nerf the crap out of him and he'll end up with the same power as an ewok scout!
  • Fortinbuff wrote: »
    Why is there no +1 option for InternetSwag's post?

I just assume all my posts are +1'd anyways ;)
  • @wallismaster I'm sure they will add him. Maybe they will do an Empire Strikes Back themed update. Could have rebel Luke (already in the game as a boss), hermit Yoda (data mined hero), Hoth Leia (on the load screen), maybe some lesser known characters. At-at pilot, hoth commander (in game), some bounty hunters like Dengar and Bossk (on Vaders ship), some other Stormtroopers from in game enemies (recon stormtrooper, etc.).

My point is that they will probably add the heroes in eventually, with some themed release. And a bundle to make extra money as well and offer us a way to unlock the selected heroes ( I'd buy rebel Luke).
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    It's baffling to me that luke isn't a jedi and doesn't have a lightsaber. Big disappointment in my book

Because they intentionally left out the main version of many major starwars characters, so they release later and bring popularity peaks to the game later on.
    I mean look how Yoda event was popular. So they release the least representative versions of many main characters.
    Glaring absences:
    - Obi-Wan Kenobi (clone wars general/ master)
    - Scoundrel Han Solo
    - Jedi Luke
    - Emperor palpatine
    - Rebel Chewbacca

And many minor ones, but still more important than random royal guard, anonymous trooper/ ugnaught/ geo soldier. Many are strangely missing: padmé amidala, mother talzin (dark side has a lack of healer options), , R2D2, C-3PO, even 1 time appearances like Zam Wesell would make more sense.
    I´m not even including popular characters from expanded universe, like Revan, Malak, Darth Bane, Darth Zannah, Darth Plagueis (lack of sith), Bastila and many others - since the game is supported by disney and they are mainly interested in promoting the star wars cartoons and the main movies.
  • Qleak
    420 posts Member
    Because kyber crystals are scarce!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Lightsaber Luke is available for only $ 59, 99 (3 star unlock)
    Upon release he will have 3 broken abilities and Rex will have moved from Chromium to Cantina Battles 2E and 7B
    People said the same thing about Yoda before he was released. And while you do have to put a lot of resources in to get him to 7*, he is quite usable at 5* and that's not hard to do. Great character and they gave him away basically free.
    Just saying, give them credit when they do something right.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Lightsaber Luke is available for only $ 59, 99 (3 star unlock)
    People said the same thing about Yoda before he was released. And while you do have to put a lot of resources in to get him to 7*, he is quite usable at 5* and that's not hard to do. Great character and they gave him away basically free.
    Just saying, give them credit when they do something right.

60% of what I'm posting is either meant jovially or downright trolling. I honestly like this game :)