I'm scared of relics

Replies

  • Kyno wrote: »
    Wow CG, my Revan is right around 28k power with relic level 1, someone has a 35k Revan with relic 7. The stat increases are huge, this is such a p2w thing, this is sad...

    Is there a reason you choose to look at the least effective number to evaluate a toon?

    Power is literally a measurement of investment, yes the other players is higher, they invested more.

    Also, has nothing to do with p2w.....

    His tactics, agility and strength are way higher, what do you mean least effective, 35k power to 28 is huge!
  • gg capital games, g....g....
  • relics are not new player friendly. they are not f2p friendly. they are there to create a massive gulf between p2p and f2p and that's what they will do.
    they will also be a big help on the geonosis tb map.
  • Kyno
    24192 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Wow CG, my Revan is right around 28k power with relic level 1, someone has a 35k Revan with relic 7. The stat increases are huge, this is such a p2w thing, this is sad...

    Is there a reason you choose to look at the least effective number to evaluate a toon?

    Power is literally a measurement of investment, yes the other players is higher, they invested more.

    Also, has nothing to do with p2w.....

    His tactics, agility and strength are way higher, what do you mean least effective, 35k power to 28 is huge!

    Power is the least effective way to compare 2 characters. It is literally a measurement for investment. The more upgrades you do the higher the value, it doesnt translate directly to worth or battle effectiveness.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Wow CG, my Revan is right around 28k power with relic level 1, someone has a 35k Revan with relic 7. The stat increases are huge, this is such a p2w thing, this is sad...

    Is there a reason you choose to look at the least effective number to evaluate a toon?

    Power is literally a measurement of investment, yes the other players is higher, they invested more.

    Also, has nothing to do with p2w.....

    His tactics, agility and strength are way higher, what do you mean least effective, 35k power to 28 is huge!

    Power is the least effective way to compare 2 characters. It is literally a measurement for investment. The more upgrades you do the higher the value, it doesnt translate directly to worth or battle effectiveness.

    Ok dude 7 k more power doesn't mean anything, I'm sure
  • ZAP
    3120 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Wow CG, my Revan is right around 28k power with relic level 1, someone has a 35k Revan with relic 7. The stat increases are huge, this is such a p2w thing, this is sad...

    Is there a reason you choose to look at the least effective number to evaluate a toon?

    Power is literally a measurement of investment, yes the other players is higher, they invested more.

    Also, has nothing to do with p2w.....

    His tactics, agility and strength are way higher, what do you mean least effective, 35k power to 28 is huge!

    Power is the least effective way to compare 2 characters. It is literally a measurement for investment. The more upgrades you do the higher the value, it doesnt translate directly to worth or battle effectiveness.

    Ok dude 7 k more power doesn't mean anything, I'm sure

    Might help with GAC matchmaking

  • ZAP wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Wow CG, my Revan is right around 28k power with relic level 1, someone has a 35k Revan with relic 7. The stat increases are huge, this is such a p2w thing, this is sad...

    Is there a reason you choose to look at the least effective number to evaluate a toon?

    Power is literally a measurement of investment, yes the other players is higher, they invested more.

    Also, has nothing to do with p2w.....

    His tactics, agility and strength are way higher, what do you mean least effective, 35k power to 28 is huge!

    Power is the least effective way to compare 2 characters. It is literally a measurement for investment. The more upgrades you do the higher the value, it doesnt translate directly to worth or battle effectiveness.

    Ok dude 7 k more power doesn't mean anything, I'm sure

    Might help with GAC matchmaking

    I don't care about GAC matchmaking, GA rewards are Garbage, I care about my crystals in arena and it's definitely not going to help there
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Wow CG, my Revan is right around 28k power with relic level 1, someone has a 35k Revan with relic 7. The stat increases are huge, this is such a p2w thing, this is sad...

    Is there a reason you choose to look at the least effective number to evaluate a toon?

    Power is literally a measurement of investment, yes the other players is higher, they invested more.

    Also, has nothing to do with p2w.....

    His tactics, agility and strength are way higher, what do you mean least effective, 35k power to 28 is huge!

    Power is the least effective way to compare 2 characters. It is literally a measurement for investment. The more upgrades you do the higher the value, it doesnt translate directly to worth or battle effectiveness.

    How about a 6k+ boost to damage stat? Does that translate to battle effectiveness?

    Lmao he'll have something to say, I'm ready for it
  • Yeah so relics are worse than I could have imagined. And I am a constant doomsayer.
  • Kyno
    24192 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Wow CG, my Revan is right around 28k power with relic level 1, someone has a 35k Revan with relic 7. The stat increases are huge, this is such a p2w thing, this is sad...

    Is there a reason you choose to look at the least effective number to evaluate a toon?

    Power is literally a measurement of investment, yes the other players is higher, they invested more.

    Also, has nothing to do with p2w.....

    His tactics, agility and strength are way higher, what do you mean least effective, 35k power to 28 is huge!

    Power is the least effective way to compare 2 characters. It is literally a measurement for investment. The more upgrades you do the higher the value, it doesnt translate directly to worth or battle effectiveness.

    How about a 6k+ boost to damage stat? Does that translate to battle effectiveness?

    yes it does, maybe balding will take note of how to make an effective comparison.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Wow CG, my Revan is right around 28k power with relic level 1, someone has a 35k Revan with relic 7. The stat increases are huge, this is such a p2w thing, this is sad...

    Is there a reason you choose to look at the least effective number to evaluate a toon?

    Power is literally a measurement of investment, yes the other players is higher, they invested more.

    Also, has nothing to do with p2w.....

    His tactics, agility and strength are way higher, what do you mean least effective, 35k power to 28 is huge!

    Power is the least effective way to compare 2 characters. It is literally a measurement for investment. The more upgrades you do the higher the value, it doesnt translate directly to worth or battle effectiveness.

    @Kyno WHY would the devs use POWER, the "least effective" way to compare 2 characters/players, for matchmaking?

    Maybe u want to relay your findings on how effective galactic power is to the dev team
  • The way it is being portrayed is that it’s going to better the future of the game. For long tenured players that have accumulated thousands of worthless gear they will be able to level up relics at earlier tiers right away. Providing a stat boost based on the toons archetype. There is no one piece that does it- you can create pieces from multiple sources of useless gear.

    This means for newer players that haven’t amassed this gear will acquire them the longer they play.

    So instead of cg tweaking rewards to more important gear they made all gear have some importance. I think this is pretty smart.

    Relics are the first step to helping newer players. They are going to make more gear more accessible along with other things. This has been something the community has agreed on. Helping newer players for the long term health of the game. So if you are in the mind of - the game is dying (it’s not) this is a step of helping its future.

    Relics are supposed to be a grind. The whole game is a grind. It will never not be a grind. Paying money to alleviate the grind has always been there. It always will.

    At the higher tiers of relics require really useful gear that will bring a new ability.

    I am cautious of anything cg thinks is helpful for newer players as opposed to what the community believes is helpful. But we still do not know the all of it.

    Relics will also help some toons on your roster that serve no purpose in game right now. Wait and see what it will be and give feedback accordingly.

    TLDR- if you think the game is dying. If you are tired of mounds of gear you never use. If you are fearful of the future because of the long arduous grind for new players. If you hate that there is a bottle neck of stun guns to gear your toons. The relics seem like they are a great idea. They are a direct response to half of the threads on the forum.

    Whats it like to feel regret and to find out that everything you wrote about Relics before their release, was wrong? xD

    People already have Full Relic 7 squads, that are so strong, they can beat anything and can't be beat by anything unless that anything has 7 relics. And the requirements to get to seven for a f2p person are so hard, that they may never see one seven ever?

    I mean, CG, lol. The most broken things to ever exist in game.
  • I don't like how signal data is done. New players need to farm cantina for characters, like Phoenix Squad, First Order, Veteran Han and Chewie, characters for the farm to JKR How are you going to propose relics as a catchup feature when you're going to trap new players into having to choose between fleshing out a character to G13 and relic power creep, or getting a deeper roster but one that won't be relatively competitive at all?

    Just say it for what it is CG, more whale milking and servicing for P2W.
  • At this point I know I won't stop this relic gear bottleneck from coming to the game, all I can do is ask for the devs to have a reasonable price point... I have posted twice already about the price of kyros and how they should be half of what they cost.

    The typical argument is that it's too late to change their price because people already invested in them and it would devalue the money they soent. The same thing will happen with relics, the second a single player goes ham with the upgrades we will be told the same thing, it's too late to be reasonable about their costs. So I'm putting this out there now while relics are not in the game yet. Please be reasonable with the cost of leveling them up, this game isn't only for the whales...

    The game is pretty much only for the whales. F2p, new players, smaller guilds, are all constantly ignored.
  • Kyno
    24192 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Wow CG, my Revan is right around 28k power with relic level 1, someone has a 35k Revan with relic 7. The stat increases are huge, this is such a p2w thing, this is sad...

    Is there a reason you choose to look at the least effective number to evaluate a toon?

    Power is literally a measurement of investment, yes the other players is higher, they invested more.

    Also, has nothing to do with p2w.....

    His tactics, agility and strength are way higher, what do you mean least effective, 35k power to 28 is huge!

    Power is the least effective way to compare 2 characters. It is literally a measurement for investment. The more upgrades you do the higher the value, it doesnt translate directly to worth or battle effectiveness.

    Kyno WHY would the devs use POWER, the "least effective" way to compare 2 characters/players, for matchmaking?

    Maybe u want to relay your findings on how effective galactic power is to the dev team

    Because it's a measure of investment, its blind and allows a players choices to shine threw. As I have said many times when discussing GP for matchmaking. 2 equal investments and let the players choice show the rest.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    From a gameplay standpoint we needed something that's going to potentially bring new abilities to the game and allow older characters to be modernized....

    .

    This is literally what they dev team has stated it will be used for.

    No it will not happen in the timeframe you want.
    ...I don't think relics are a bad idea but of course coming at this stage in the game and introduced as g13 feature means one and only one thing: it's revenue generation.

    ....

    Correct, this game is run as by a business that is making a profit, and has a goal of making a profit. Everything they do is in some way designed to make them money. This is in no way a secret or surprising. This in no way means they do not designed everything to add to or enhance the game for all players.

    Its proximity to G13 has nothing to do with anything, this is just the groundwork they are trying to lay to help progression for future content.


    This game is in no way P2W, it is P2P. There is no permanent advantage to $$, everything can be gained by any player. $$ get you there faster, but by no means keeps you there. You should try to understand the difference if you are going to continue to describe everything in those terms.

    Your timelines of what other people will enjoy are vastly biased by your negative view of the company/game and are also incorrect. Players in almost every thread you have made have posted to show this to be true, and you may want to take some time to appreciate the help the community has offered to help you with this understanding.

    The First quote you made,i allready answered this,its called reworking,we dont need no NEW relics for it.

    Also a serious question,dont you have a pride in yourself?Do you have to be a yes man to cg just to stay a moderator?They make 400 mil a year,what do you make to be a yes man?I was reading your posts before even i made an account here and i would feel ashamed of myself to be a yes man all the time.

    Valid questions. I've always wondered myself
  • TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Do you not think they don't have data scientists on staff who did this analysis? Or do you really think you know more and that's why so many posts? It'll be fine.

    1). You only need 5 arena characters. FTP will catch up to that soon enough.

    2). PVE content becomes easier for everyone.

    3). GAC. You play people loosely similar to you. Don't relic CUP first and you'll be a step ahead of the game. Maybe relics will give the increased GP boost people are looking for.

    4). Having progression available to top accounts allows them focus on new and mid-game player improvements. This is good for the game overall.

    Be happy, not sad OP.

    Data scientists don't mean anything btw, they just make it worse off for the f2p

    So they should hire you as a consultant? Is your price reasonable?

    I'd make a less profitable game

    And you just failed your interview, sorry.

    Also I disagree it would be more fun.

    Because being stuck behind infinite gearwalls is as fun as it gets

    That's a you issue. I'm not stuck, and you don't have to be. You choose to be stuck by the choices you make.

    Yeah baldy, just spend your money. You are chosing to fall behind by not spending.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    The way it is being portrayed is that it’s going to better the future of the game. For long tenured players that have accumulated thousands of worthless gear they will be able to level up relics at earlier tiers right away. Providing a stat boost based on the toons archetype. There is no one piece that does it- you can create pieces from multiple sources of useless gear.

    This means for newer players that haven’t amassed this gear will acquire them the longer they play.

    So instead of cg tweaking rewards to more important gear they made all gear have some importance. I think this is pretty smart.

    Relics are the first step to helping newer players. They are going to make more gear more accessible along with other things. This has been something the community has agreed on. Helping newer players for the long term health of the game. So if you are in the mind of - the game is dying (it’s not) this is a step of helping its future.

    Relics are supposed to be a grind. The whole game is a grind. It will never not be a grind. Paying money to alleviate the grind has always been there. It always will.

    At the higher tiers of relics require really useful gear that will bring a new ability.

    I am cautious of anything cg thinks is helpful for newer players as opposed to what the community believes is helpful. But we still do not know the all of it.

    Relics will also help some toons on your roster that serve no purpose in game right now. Wait and see what it will be and give feedback accordingly.

    TLDR- if you think the game is dying. If you are tired of mounds of gear you never use. If you are fearful of the future because of the long arduous grind for new players. If you hate that there is a bottle neck of stun guns to gear your toons. The relics seem like they are a great idea. They are a direct response to half of the threads on the forum.

    Whats it like to feel regret and to find out that everything you wrote about Relics before their release, was wrong? xD

    People already have Full Relic 7 squads, that are so strong, they can beat anything and can't be beat by anything unless that anything has 7 relics. And the requirements to get to seven for a f2p person are so hard, that they may never see one seven ever?

    I mean, CG, lol. The most broken things to ever exist in game.

    I’m feeling pretty good. Long day but that’s the usual with work and school. No regrets it’s day one. And if I’m wrong cool. I can still come back to the Internet whenever I want.

    So is the sky falling more today than any other day?
  • You aren't supposed to have 50 R7 toons at launch - we've now got another star/gear hybrid system that will take months (years) to saturate.
    This isn't the end of the game, it's another chapter. The dust will settle in 4 weeks.

    We'll all have a few relic tiered toons and as soon as we g13 older/newer toons, we'll have salvage (from daily challenges) to take them up a couple of tiers

    The ONLY difference is that this gives p2w players a head start.

    But what's new in that? Time vs money has always been the crux of this game...
  • No matter the warnings we give you, you proceed, you punch first and ask questions later. You don't test before release, then a bunch of people spend tons of money and then it's too late to do anything about it... I know my place in this game as a f2p, it's a collector's game, I can't collect everything right away, fine. But this type of content is not right, even if I settled for a bad arena rank, this even affects ships, all known strategies against the falcon will not work with the current boost it gets, now I need to settle for a bad fleet rank as well. And where does this lead? Further decrease my crystal income which means even harder to keep up to a certain level. You want to incentivize people to spend, cool, wasn't g13 enough of an incentive? Couldn't this relic update come 6-10 months into the future? Well if you hadn't went overboard with the TB difficulty perhaps it could have, but everything happens so rushed lately, which makes me think that there's more to it.

    Anyways, I'll let all the negative posts speak for themselves, idk how much longer I'll be able to hang around, perhaps this makes some people happy, finally the infamous Balding Head may be leaving us alone! Well not yet but the future definitely seems dark...
  • Completely agree with you about relics coming months later. I believe that was also their plan but somehow it was pushed earlier in the calendar. How do i know that? The frames around toon portraits. They introduced a new color (yellow+red) only to remove it soon after their introduction and now we have neon lights (which really hurts my eyes lol). Whenever players want something or complain about something they always say that it is in their minds but it will take time to happen etc. So why bring something and remove it soon after? That is why i believe relics was not planned to come this early but here they are...
  • But is this over? G13 - Relics really close release... And whatever is being said... If Mods are on Dev Servers that means IT IS coming really soon... 6 dots Mods have been mentioned in the Q&A ... They are in Dev... That means another wall for none whales
  • Well, the way relics are structured it's open to infinite amount of possibilities, they can just add one more level indefinitely. We know for a fact they plan to add abilities to characters through the relic system. So I'm expecting very soon that they add another 3-5 levels and at the end of that you get a bonus ability that you can upgrade with ability mats, possibly with a zeta.
  • Well, the way relics are structured it's open to infinite amount of possibilities, they can just add one more level indefinitely. We know for a fact they plan to add abilities to characters through the relic system. So I'm expecting very soon that they add another 3-5 levels and at the end of that you get a bonus ability that you can upgrade with ability mats, possibly with a zeta.

    Didn't they show the ability at level 7 in the video? They don't need new levels to add the abilities, and the Relic system was made to last for a while. I highly doubt that we will get new progression levels anytime soon.
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • Finch1221 wrote: »
    If anyone needed proof relics have been fast tracked they have literally been released without being finished! Does anyone really believe they intended to release relics without the new abilities? Because I sure as hell do not.

    Or they just want to see how the basic version behaves when out in the wild before adding the abilities. Given their track record, I would be extra careful when releasing something that big too.
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • Finch1221 wrote: »
    If anyone needed proof relics have been fast tracked they have literally been released without being finished! Does anyone really believe they intended to release relics without the new abilities? Because I sure as hell do not.

    Don't think so.. they just want Whales to spend their money on their current toons before releasing a cheated ability on CUP that destroys DR + Malak in one turn ....
Sign In or Register to comment.