Grand Arena Championships - Alternate Layouts

nabokovfan
535 posts Member
edited September 2019
I was having a conversation this past week about GACs with one of my guildmates, and we were talking about the old GA formats, 3v3, ships, etc. I know it was mentioned in the Q&A a couple days ago, but I would encourage the developers to challenge us in other ways as well.

Right now we have a very basic square layout with 2 zones in the front, 2 in the back section. For TW it's pretty stale as well. The paths generally don't change and you attack almost identically no matter what. Needless to say, here's a few ideas, and these would be in tune with the current character usage in each division, but alternate or randomize the zones so that you have a few different layouts to plan around. Currently for those who use 8 teams, that is 40 characters, for those who use 6 teams that is 30 characters per defense set.
  • Mixed 3v3 with 5v5 maps. (back row of 2 sets of 5v5, front row of 3 sets of 3v3) = 38 characters
  • Mixed 3v3, 4v4, 5v5 maps (back row of single 5v5, middle row of 2 sets of 3v3, front row of 3 sets of 4v4) = 40 characters
  • Mixed 4v4, 3v3 maps (Front row of 3 sets of 3v3, back row of 3 sets of 4v4) = 42 characters

There are plenty of ways to do this, and you could also just add ships to a secondary row or remove some zones to accommodate a ship section.

I would also encourage there to be a chance of a mirrored version of every map design. Currently I set more teams in the front row, but I think it would be quite interesting if there was a chance I had to set 2 in the back and 1 in the front for each row of my defense.

You can also change up from the simple 2x2 squares we have now, maybe 3x3, 4x4, or different numbers per row/column. I really hope new maps are added to change things up. Not just ships, but mixed battle layouts.