Forum QOL - Discussion Cooldown Timer

For a forum QOL, I think it would be great to limit the number of new discussions a single user can make. Without saying any names, there seems to be people who open many threads a week complaining about something. I really feel like they just enjoy the responses they get, but it's toxic and sometimes they just receive just as toxic repsones back. This is not good for the community overall.

My recommendation is to put a cooldown timer on the number of new discussion posts per user. This will give incentive for the posts to be more meaningful or at least more thought out because they are limited. Perhaps two a month would be a good start? This will allow others discussions to be more transparent as well.

Perhaps look at replys too. The same concept applies. This may be trickier though and could have negative impacts. I talked myself out of it for now.

Replies

• Austin9370 wrote: »
    For a forum QOL, I think it would be great to limit the number of new discussions a single user can make. Without saying any names, there seems to be people who open many threads a week complaining about something. I really feel like they just enjoy the responses they get, but it's toxic and sometimes they just receive just as toxic repsones back. This is not good for the community overall.

My recommendation is to put a cooldown timer on the number of new discussion posts per user. This will give incentive for the posts to be more meaningful or at least more thought out because they are limited. Perhaps two a month would be a good start? This will allow others discussions to be more transparent as well.

Perhaps look at replys too. The same concept applies. This may be trickier though and could have negative impacts. I talked myself out of it for now.

I'd be happy to ban you all together