Am I the only one who finds GS overrated?

Prev13
Never mind when they up everyone to gear 9. I find him somewhat underwhelming. I'm at a cross roads after finishing Dooku and I'm farming GS but I really don't want to take anyone out of the line up for him. His assist is nice but it has yet to one shot one of my characters. He's a one trick pony. I'm thinking of farming lando for possible future buffs or in preparation of an AoE meta they may happen at some point. I get that given crits he can one shot people but I dunno.

Replies

• Options
    You probably are, since he is great. If you dont want him, dont get him. No one is forcing you to. Play however you want.
  • Options
    I think you are the only one.

GS has been a staple in my top rank arena team for more than a month. Dishing out an average of 7k damage, sometimes more depending on who gets called at 149 speed while having 12k health makes GS one of the top 5 toons in the game.
  • Wenso
    17 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    GS is in this current meta a top 3 toon in the game for Arena with QGJ and Rey, but the meta will always change.
  • Options
    I don't enjoy facing him, but I'll have a stronger opinion once I'm done farming him. Currently only at 4 stars and all abilities lvl 3.
  • Options
    It's a bug. /thread
    B)
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    I am not a big fan either. There are a lot of attackers in this game that are better but they need the right cast, yet he kinda does as well to maximize the early burst meta.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    What rank and gear level do you have him at? A maxed GS is one of the hardest-hitting toons in the game right now, especially when teamed up with a leader who gives him a bonus to offense or critical chance.
  • Options
    I kind of do.. I like their cookies and all but when it comes down to it they are kind of overpriced. :/
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    I kind of do.. I like their cookies and all but when it comes down to it they are kind of overpriced. :/

IKR. And it's almost like your forced to buy them. Like who in their right mind says no to GS cookies?

It's a scam I tell you!
  • Options

IKR. And it's almost like your forced to buy them. Like who in their right mind says no to GS cookies?

It's a scam I tell you!

Tell me about it.. And they don't even have any GS in them. Total scam. :|
  • D_Millennial
    847 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

It's a scam I tell you!

Tell me about it.. And they don't even have any GS in them. Total scam. :|

I'm tired of this mother-******* false advertising in these mother-******* GS cookies!

-Mace Windu
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    You are not alone. I have him at 3* level 49 g5. I only use I'm in desperation when I was having problems in GW and that was over a month ago. I had IMO better things to farm in Squad Cantina Battles and still do now with the release of the Chief.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    GS after bug fix is slightly above average. Still useful with droid and poggle teams. I usually kill him last or stun his allies so his assist is meaningless. When he is even gear level he will be a distant memory. I have him 7 star level 1 and too interested in trying new synergies.

That said, if they introduced more geonosians he could surprise me.
  • Eaywen
    422 posts Member
    Options
    The bug fix did not make that much of a difference man.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Did to me. Makes him easier to face in arena with round one damage being noticeably less. Maybe just me though.
  • Options
    Asic wrote: »
    Did to me. Makes him easier to face in arena with round one damage being noticeably less. Maybe just me though.

That is just you. He only got offense up from using his basic which in 99% of the times only happened for his second turn.
  • Options
    Nobody uses GS for the basic attack.

100% geared to fast early assist bringing in a DPS toon for one shot. If you are not using him for that purposes, you are using him incorrectly.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    That would make intelligent sense atleast. Usually by round two he is last one of two standing. Maybe he is good for lower tiers though given how easy to farm and gear up.
  • Options

Round one dmg being less? He uses his call to assist first... Which still one shots everyone. You need your own GS to even kill him, or have multiple characters faster than him to take him out before.

Every fight against gs is a hope he doesnt kill your heavy dmg dealers.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Nutteralex wrote: »
    Never mind when they up everyone to gear 9. I find him somewhat underwhelming. I'm at a cross roads after finishing Dooku and I'm farming GS but I really don't want to take anyone out of the line up for him. His assist is nice but it has yet to one shot one of my characters. He's a one trick pony. I'm thinking of farming lando for possible future buffs or in preparation of an AoE meta they may happen at some point. I get that given crits he can one shot people but I dunno.

what is your Arena rank? that could be explain why you such a little man lol.
  • Options
    Really depends on your team composition. I use him in a Droid team with Poggle lead. He is imperative to combat QGJ lead teams, especially with Rey.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Great speed. Check

High damage. Check

Very good health. Check

He's a main part of my team and I dont see much to replace him since he covers everything in this Meta.
  • Options
    Song wrote: »

I finish 1st if I have the time before my payout.

He's good with the right team I'll say but still overrated.
  • Options
    Song wrote: »

I finish 1st if I have the time before my payout.

He's good with the right team I'll say but still overrated.

Your right, in the right team is invaluable. However to state over rated really depends on situation. It's no different than saying hey yeah that Corvette was nice, but man it didn't handle off road very well.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    General concensus reached. Easy to farm/gear and useful as a key member offensively with little creativity needed in current meta.

As useless as most of the characters on defense, since AI is the equivalent to chimpanzee with a typewriter. No nerf needed.

Lock it down.
  • Options
    Fortunately they are stating smarter AI in the upcoming update. Should be exciting!
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    an artificial intelligence code upgrade making a difference here is as likely as skynet evolving out of my dusty Atari.
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options
    an artificial intelligence code upgrade making a difference here is as likely as skynet evolving out of my dusty Atari.

haha Well simply by adding where AI focus on one character would increase the difficulty alone substantially. That's one of the largest flaws is it hits random targets most of the time.
  • Options
    Anraeth wrote: »

haha Well simply by adding where AI focus on one character would increase the difficulty alone substantially. That's one of the largest flaws is it hits random targets most of the time.

I've noticed that recently the AI will focus on a particular character somewhat, usually a healer. My Daka is getting picked on the most. I do welcome the change though.
  • Options
    I find him overrated because all he does is hit one character hard. No AOE, abilities, support, or blocks.
    With that stated I often sub many as my 5th based on opponent I am facing. Dooku vs QJG / Koch vs Droids for example but I almost always keep in GS because he is fast / high damage / high health.
    When I face GS I do not fear him. In most teams he is about 3rd or 4th even I target. I go after Rey / QJG / Yoda / FOTP / Daka before GS.