Will relic level count in GAC?

Did capital games address this? Perhaps not now but in future GAC? I'd hope they would have
not overlooked the power disparity. And going forward, since they ultimately are ending the gear grind, shouldn't relics be the bench mark for match making? Any thoughts?

Replies

• Well, since it affects GP, and GP is a part of matchmaking, yes, I think it’s safe to say that relic level will, in some way, count in GAC.
  • Since they can't figure out how to address G13 power creep in GAC, they addressed it with relics. So, relics will add to your GP which should put players with more relics higher on the ladder for matchmaking purposes. "should"

But, don't be surprised if next GAC, 7 of you are G12 with a couple G13s and one player has 5-10 full level 7 relic'd characters you'll have to deal with.
  • I doubt its accounted for effectively.

Imagine if all the guys with 5 to 10+ relics fight each other, and all the guys with no relics fight each other... whales all just paid hundreds if not thousands of dollars to get matched against tougher opponents. Makes no sense from CG perspective...

Nah most likely there will be one guy in each bracket with 5 to 10 lvl 7 relics as his reward for spending.
  • I doubt its accounted for effectively.

Imagine if all the guys with 5 to 10+ relics fight each other, and all the guys with no relics fight each other... whales all just paid hundreds if not thousands of dollars to get matched against tougher opponents. Makes no sense from CG perspective...

Nah most likely there will be one guy in each bracket with 5 to 10 lvl 7 relics as his reward for spending.

You make valid points. I cringed while reading it as the simple logic of your points sank in. If you could have seen the color drain from my face..haha
  • MasterSeedy
    5035 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Also note that the bonuses for your first couple of Relic Levels = less than the bonuses from a good set of mods...and +0 speed.

So, sure, they'll increase GP, but the funny thing is that they'll increase GP more than mods do, but they'll have less effect on your character than your mods.

For instance, I just dropped 2 levels of Relic on GMY, just trying it out, I needed more damage on my JKR team.

I got +750 special damage and +1700 health or so, plus minor upgrades to stats that don't matter much. Don't get me wrong, I love more health on my GMY, and every point of special damage counts, for sure, but...

I was already getting +2900 special damage and +3500 health just from mods... and mods ALSO gave me +8k protection, +4% potency, +11% Tenacity, and +94 speed.

So let's not kid ourselves, high level relics are gonna take the top off the game, but your first few relic levels are nice, but NBD.

Since they'll increase GP more than mods, taking those first couple of Relic levels will actually do more to make matching better since you getting such a small increase in stats compared to the increase in GP -- at least compared to how they handle mods.