As we all know, relics have created the single largest pay to win backlash as long as I can remember & has seriously damage player/developer relations & trust.
Instead of raging or threatening to quit, I thought what could be done to address this.
1. Reduce Cantina energy refresh cost to 50 crystals.
This is obvious, to remain competitive then all of our resources will need to go into relics to get teams to catch up to whales. Reducing the cost will allow us to farm characters and still make some relic progress.
2. Add in some of the bottleneck gear via daily challenges. This helps with the g9 bottleneck and the item required for relic levels 5+.
3. Add in relic trash weekly challenge, specific challenges focused around adding in gear in larger amounts (100+) but is gear we only need for scrap not gearing.
4. The biggest thing you could have done for the community would have been to gate relics 5+ behind a time sink (however this wasn't done) allowing 2 hour full relic 7 squads utterly destroyed all squad arena balance.
However, with the inclusion of a "relic gift" starter pack to the community (allowing a few relic levels for a few characters worth of gear) it will do a few things.
1. Incentivise those without g13 to get one leveled asap.
2. Allow people in squad arena to at least compete with whales (relic 4 vs 7 is doable).
3. Give whales a freebie to experiment on other units.
Marvel strike force did this with red stars, we all got a few when they were released. This should have the same.