13Next

Replies

• TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    After hundres of speed mods with speed who upgraded 0-2 times, I finally got a mod to upgrade speed 3 times (AFTER HUNDREDS OF SPEED MODS), the mod started as a gold mod with +5, after 3 upgrades of 3 it went up to +14 speed...

I went through hundreds of mods to get a single mod that upgraded speed 3/4 times and it ended up being only +14, which may sound nice but it's nowhere near the +22-24 I need to compete with some people in my shard. Under mods 1.0 it would have been a +20 mod at the very least which means it would still be relevant.
    You have no idea how Mods 1.0 worked, do you?

Minimum speed on a mod that rolled speed 4 times (so one that has 5 in the parentheses) is 12. Every time speed rolls, including when it's revealed, it can add as low as 3 and as high as 6, with those averages weighted low.

That is not new with mods 2.0. That existed all through mods 1.0, and has been that way since shortly after the release of mods in the first place, when they rebalanced from the initial release.

Yes, that mod is good-but-not-great. That is not because of mods 2.0.

Prior to 2.0 if a mod showed 5 initially it could not upgrade by 3 or 4 but 5 minimum. This means that a mod where speed upgraded 3 times starting with 5 would be 5+5+5+5 so +20 total. With the new system it can upgrade less than 5 so it can be, like my mod, 5+3+3+3= 14. If anyone here doesn't understand mods that's you

This is not true. I had plenty of mods get +3 or +4 speed after showing 5 initially under mods 1.0.

It’s a million times more prevalent under mods 2.0 than 1.0. And compare how many 25+ speed mods people get under 1.0 to 2.0 it takes a year for most people to get an insanely dedicated player to get one +25 mod. Not so under 1.0.

Plus your green and blue +5 speed mods could become insanely good especially after those 1.0 mods guaranteed another hit by 100% or 50% and were then sliced under 2.0.

Anecdotal evidence is bad evidence. My +25 speed mods all came from mods I farmed or bought under 2.0.

And there was a short window of time to farm under 1.0 and slice under 2.0 so that's not relevant to the comparison.

I highly doubt you have more than one +25 speed mod since mods 2.0. If you have two you’re insanely lucky. And if you have three+ it’s bevause you sliced your mods from 1.0 Speed arrows don’t count. This is just common sense.

You keep track and tell me the next time you get a 25+ speed mod... or let’s wait for 2 or 3... I won’t hear from you for over a year. Probably 2 years. Might not be such a bad thing really.

I got two within a week. This was right around the Malak release. Doesn't matter to me if you believe me or not.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    After hundres of speed mods with speed who upgraded 0-2 times, I finally got a mod to upgrade speed 3 times (AFTER HUNDREDS OF SPEED MODS), the mod started as a gold mod with +5, after 3 upgrades of 3 it went up to +14 speed...

I went through hundreds of mods to get a single mod that upgraded speed 3/4 times and it ended up being only +14, which may sound nice but it's nowhere near the +22-24 I need to compete with some people in my shard. Under mods 1.0 it would have been a +20 mod at the very least which means it would still be relevant.

Minimum speed on a mod that rolled speed 4 times (so one that has 5 in the parentheses) is 12. Every time speed rolls, including when it's revealed, it can add as low as 3 and as high as 6, with those averages weighted low.

That is not new with mods 2.0. That existed all through mods 1.0, and has been that way since shortly after the release of mods in the first place, when they rebalanced from the initial release.

Prior to 2.0 if a mod showed 5 initially it could not upgrade by 3 or 4 but 5 minimum. This means that a mod where speed upgraded 3 times starting with 5 would be 5+5+5+5 so +20 total. With the new system it can upgrade less than 5 so it can be, like my mod, 5+3+3+3= 14. If anyone here doesn't understand mods that's you

This is not true. I had plenty of mods get +3 or +4 speed after showing 5 initially under mods 1.0.

It’s a million times more prevalent under mods 2.0 than 1.0. And compare how many 25+ speed mods people get under 1.0 to 2.0 it takes a year for most people to get an insanely dedicated player to get one +25 mod. Not so under 1.0.

Plus your green and blue +5 speed mods could become insanely good especially after those 1.0 mods guaranteed another hit by 100% or 50% and were then sliced under 2.0.

Anecdotal evidence is bad evidence. My +25 speed mods all came from mods I farmed or bought under 2.0.

And there was a short window of time to farm under 1.0 and slice under 2.0 so that's not relevant to the comparison.

I highly doubt you have more than one +25 speed mod since mods 2.0. If you have two you’re insanely lucky. And if you have three+ it’s bevause you sliced your mods from 1.0 Speed arrows don’t count. This is just common sense.

You keep track and tell me the next time you get a 25+ speed mod... or let’s wait for 2 or 3... I won’t hear from you for over a year. Probably 2 years. Might not be such a bad thing really.

I got two within a week. This was right around the Malak release. Doesn't matter to me if you believe me or not.

I know krakens that get two a year and casual players that get zero. That’s by far the norm. And again, speed arrows don’t count.
  • Options

I don't know why you quoted me since your reply has nothing to do with whether or not "Prior to 2.0 if a mod showed 5 initially it could not upgrade by 3 or 4 but 5 minimum."
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not talking about speed arrows.

You said you highly doubt that I've gotten more than one +25 under 2.0. I got two within a week, during 2.0, and nothing close to that in the following 4-5 months. That's how RNG works sometimes.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

I literally got one yesterday. I was moving around mods for my Padme team. I had the mats on hand. Sliced twice. Whadaya know, +25 speed.

The ole whale defending trash strat, not shocking. Mods require luck and or lots of cash. Let’s not pretend getting lucky with Rng is a skill, just stop already you look foolish.
  • Options
    Sewperbad wrote: »
    I’d argue that spending money and getting lucky with rng for mods doesn’t = skill.
    The people who get luckiest with mods are the ones who invest in them significantly and judiciously, rather than amassing them passively or dumping resources into mods with little potential. Which is a skill.

"You just got lucky" is the classic recourse of the sore loser looking to offload blame to avoid considering the possibility that there's something they could do better.

The people that got "lucky" with mods were the people that were paying attention to mods prior to 2.0 and amassed a sizable collection of 1.0 mods with great secondary speeds. There was still RNG there (remember when mods might not have even dropped from mod challenges??), but nowhere near the crap shoot 20+ speed mods currently are.

The odds of hitting high end arena caliber speed secondaries are so low that randomness plays a big impact. It's similar to stating that buying more lottery tickets gives you a better chance to win the lottery. While true, your odds are still pretty low, you just ended up wasting a lot more money.
  • Options
    I’d argue that spending money and getting lucky with rng for mods doesn’t = skill.
    The people who get luckiest with mods are the ones who invest in them significantly and judiciously, rather than amassing them passively or dumping resources into mods with little potential. Which is a skill.

"You just got lucky" is the classic recourse of the sore loser looking to offload blame to avoid considering the possibility that there's something they could do better.

The people that got "lucky" with mods were the people that were paying attention to mods prior to 2.0 and amassed a sizable collection of 1.0 mods with great secondary speeds. There was still RNG there (remember when mods might not have even dropped from mod challenges??), but nowhere near the crap shoot 20+ speed mods currently are.

The odds of hitting high end arena caliber speed secondaries are so low that randomness plays a big impact. It's similar to stating that buying more lottery tickets gives you a better chance to win the lottery. While true, your odds are still pretty low, you just ended up wasting a lot more money.

Not arguing with you there. My argument is that everyone had an equal chance to do that if they were playing at the time and if they weren't they face others that have similar mods in arena.

The person that brought mods up in this post whines about everything being cg's fault because he can't do better. Mods is just one more thing that's against him. It couldn't be that he's just not that good at the game.
  • Options
    This was supposed to be about relics... but they are related, since CG advertised that relics would make our characters more diverse. Well they don't really do they. Every R4 toon will be exactly the same as the other R4 toons, except for mods...

I like mods since they are the only way I can make my toon different from the next person's toon.

I get frustrated playing the mod upgrade game same as everyone. That and the fact that speed still rules significantly over everything else. But I'd prefer it if relics were more mod-like, in terms of adding variety and diversity to our characters, than just raw power upgrades.
  • Options
    This was supposed to be about relics... but they are related, since CG advertised that relics would make our characters more diverse. Well they don't really do they. Every R4 toon will be exactly the same as the other R4 toons, except for mods...

I like mods since they are the only way I can make my toon different from the next person's toon.

I get frustrated playing the mod upgrade game same as everyone. That and the fact that speed still rules significantly over everything else. But I'd prefer it if relics were more mod-like, in terms of adding variety and diversity to our characters, than just raw power upgrades.

I think they mean that relics will separate classes of characters from other characters rather than one person's malak from another's malak.

For example tanks get much tankier and attackers get much more damage.
  • Options

Not arguing with you there. My argument is that everyone had an equal chance to do that if they were playing at the time and if they weren't they face others that have similar mods in arena.

The person that brought mods up in this post whines about everything being cg's fault because he can't do better. Mods is just one more thing that's against him. It couldn't be that he's just not that good at the game.

@DarkHelmet1138 Agreed, I wasn't arguing with you. I just find the "skill" argument around mods to be negate the impact that randomness has on them, and the impact is significant. Look at the ratio of 10s/15s/20s/25s and they vary widely. Some of that is behavioral, some of it isn't.
  • ZoeyMara
    57 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    ssj4tim wrote: »
    I personally don't have a problem with it, I'm just unimpressed. Seems to have pretty much no impact on pvp at all. Faced a DR team with a couple level 7's and a DR team with none and no difference, still comes down to who has the better mods. Unfortunately the current meta has broke the game, they've tried releasing new characters, reworks, g13 and now relics and still nothing can do anything to DR. They need to just admit they screwed up and nerf Badstilla. Then maybe this game could have diversity again.

nothing can beat DR? really GG R7 crushes DR teams with Malaks 100% of the time . A Good GG team even before relics was beating DR teams , now relics made it easier cause a R7 GG one shots each character on the DR team if you use the right team , the only toon that needs gear is GG and have him at R7 the rest can be gear 11 and still crush a full R7 DR team.
  • Options
    the original response seems to gloss over the fact that relics, like everything else, have a geometric power curve. This means that 99% of the relics power comes in the last two levels. Which coincidentally are the levels you need the new g13 salvage to get.
    taking a level 5 relic vs a level 7 is like taking a g8 squad against a g13 squad you can do it, or you can use your time more productively picking your nose.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    ottomaddux wrote: »
    This means that 99% of the relics power comes in the last two levels.

What are you basing this on? Looking at stats for relic levels on .gg, this doesn’t strike me as anywhere close to accurate.
  • Options
    I'm not talking about speed arrows.

You said you highly doubt that I've gotten more than one +25 under 2.0. I got two within a week, during 2.0, and nothing close to that in the following 4-5 months. That's how RNG works sometimes.

No actually that is pretty much the standard two 25+ speed mods a year under 2.0 and many people getting zero. Just as I said. Some more than two... but that’s probably only 10% of the community and only your most avid of players.
  • Options
    the original response seems to gloss over the fact that relics, like everything else, have a geometric power curve. This means that 99% of the relics power comes in the last two levels. Which coincidentally are the levels you need the new g13 salvage to get.
    taking a level 5 relic vs a level 7 is like taking a g8 squad against a g13 squad you can do it, or you can use your time more productively picking your nose.

Yet I faced a g13 padme team with full g13 and a r7 anakin and r4 relics on everone else and beat it easily with a r3 darth revan, r2 dark bastilla, r2 hk, r1 thrawn and a g12 sion.

If it were so broken and r1 was like g8 to r7. Then gear 12 should have been like a gear 5 character and died instantly when anakin did an aoe. But sion took it just fine and I lost no characters. Of course he didn't have courage. That was the point of sion and thrawn. Dispel gk and fracture padme and the team falls apart.

But anyway if it were as broken as you say, anakin should have aoed my whole team to death. But no one even was in much danger of dying.
  • Options
    That is not how math works. And while level 7 relics are powerful, the divide is demonstrably NOT that stark.
    Still not a he.