Nihilus leadership good with Relics?

69929584_10220073922825436_2001471952690085888_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQkYzmK6UKVCnOjSnxQbv6xpKqeWrGCkugpJHa7KRi-p9rIWaVVSXLXxyJv0Lg6i4oc&_nc_ht=scontent.fymq3-1.fna&oh=1db687d2513ce54ecfd55fcdfa502aa5&oe=5E09108E

Here you go a Team with 3 tank, 0 protection that will be HARD to kill.

Health with R7 without mod

Nihilus 102 404‬
Traya 101 495
Sion 117 294‬
Malak 143 374
Sith Trooper 116 430

Check the unique that Will make this team a nightmare!

uniqueskill_SITHTROOPER01
Sith Trooper has +100% Defense. Whenever a Sith ally uses a Special ability or falls below 50% Health, Sith Trooper gains Defense Up for 2 turns. If he already had Defense Up, he gains Taunt for 2 turns. If he already had Taunt, he gains Retribution for 2 turns. Sith Trooper gains Defense Up and Taunt for 2 turns at the start of each encounter.

uniqueskill_DARTHMALAK02
Darth Malak takes reduced damage from percent Health damage effects, and at the start of battle he loses all Protection and gains that much Max Health.

Darth Malak gains 35% Critical Avoidance, Health Steal, Tenacity, and Defense while he has less than 75% Health, doubled while he has less than 50% Health, and tripled while he has less than 25% Health.

The first time Darth Malak reaches each of these thresholds, he gains a bonus turn and the cooldown of Drain Life is reset.

uniqueskill_DARTHNIHILUS01
At the start of each of his turns, Nihilus inflicts Damage Over Time for 2 turns on a random enemy that doesn't have any debuffs. If all enemies are debuffed, inflict Damage Over Time on a random enemy. At the start of each enemy turn, Nihilus inflicts Health Down on them for 2 turns. When allied Darth Sion or Darth Traya are inflicted with a debuff, Nihilus gains 10% Turn Meter and +30% Max Health (stacking) until the end of the encounter.

Replies

• Goood goooood I have all these at G12 and bringing Nihilus to G13 tomorrow after I get the last pieces of the finisher
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    DR with Shock, Badstila with CBM that prevents Traya from cleansing debuffs + 3 other toons - done.

Edit: Drain Life with my own Malak would be fun too.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kisakee wrote: »
    DR with Shock, Badstila with CBM that prevents Traya from cleansing debuffs + 3 other toons - done.

Not only that, Malak's drain really will be an annihilate.
  • lools like a fun TW/GA team

I agree with all, but why would CBM stop traya from cleansing? Only cbm itself is uncleansable

I agree with all, but why would CBM stop traya from cleansing? Only cbm itself is uncleansable

It wouldn't, but with all those masses of debuffs and traya cleansing them it's gonna be a huge chunk of damage lol
  • Well Dreven relic 7 can hit for 80k twice so fun right. I think someone on the forum said it best. Toons get a 100% offense boost and only a 20% survivability boost.

I like your theory crafting idea though.
  • DN has been the subject of many a thought experiment of mine lately. All the sith stand to gain lots from relics really.

Once the dust settles this relic business might be great for theory crafting.
  • H_B0MBZ wrote: »
    Well Dreven relic 7 can hit for 80k twice so fun right. I think someone on the forum said it best. Toons get a 100% offense boost and only a 20% survivability boost.

This is why I love my Dooku. He gained a shitload of survivability from g13, and now at relic lvl 3 he's starting to crit real often.
  • With bh detonators or jtr exposes this team will be so easy to kill :S
  • Sarcodino wrote: »
    With bh detonators or jtr exposes this team will be so easy to kill :S

Until you switch out Sith Trooper for Bastila Shan (Fallen).

This might end up as the ultimate sith team lol. With enough speed and tenacity, it would be a serious project to take them down.

This might end up as the ultimate sith team lol. With enough speed and tenacity, it would be a serious project to take them down.
    Not even close to the traditional DR team. Probably would be weak to simple Traya teams too. Why break two teams up to make a weaker one?
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Sarcodino wrote: »

Not even close to the traditional DR team. Probably would be weak to simple Traya teams too. Why break two teams up to make a weaker one?

I'm actually fairly certain it'd be a viable team, and DR might be one of the only counters. Also I could see this team beating top tier Grievous which is something DR lead might struggle with. There are tons of potential reasons to split them up. And you don't have to use them in squad arena only mind you.

Nihilus lead, with all toons modded for protection, speed, offense and tenacity. There's just no way that team wouldn't be a headache.

I'm actually fairly certain it'd be a viable team, and DR might be one of the only counters. Also I could see this team beating top tier Grievous which is something DR lead might struggle with. There are tons of potential reasons to split them up. And you don't have to use them in squad arena only mind you.

Nihilus lead, with all toons modded for protection, speed, offense and tenacity. There's just no way that team wouldn't be a headache.

Do you imagine if you dont take care of nihilus HM health he could have at the end of the battle and insta kill character
    Well Dreven relic 7 can hit for 80k twice so fun right. I think someone on the forum said it best. Toons get a 100% offense boost and only a 20% survivability boost.

With protection/offence mod that team could be realy tanky and deadly imo. Malak can deal lot of damage without crit. If you need more speed/dps you can also remove Sith trooper and put bastila fallen

With protection/offence mod that team could be realy tanky and deadly imo. Malak can deal lot of damage without crit. If you need more speed/dps you can also remove Sith trooper and put bastila fallen

I would love to see someone try this. However I don't think anyone will be willing to r7 toons for a theory craft. (RIP sandbox mode)

DR lead only struggles with the GG nuke teams that have r7 GG's. Any sort of standard GG lead team is easy pickings for DR because you just knock someone under 50% health and then GG is deathmarked and is dead before he can do any damage.
    The biggest problem is that this rips up 2-3 top tier teams for just 1 top tier team, leaving the others without a whole lot of synergy.
  • Malak will barely taunt at all on this team. The only source of Fear or Shock is his own special. You'd be basically free to rip his teammates apart with anything that can Expose while he sits there twiddling his thumbs.

I can appreciate theorycrafting, but tbh apart from a brief period when he was first released, Nihilus's lead has just never been good.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Vertigo wrote: »
    Sarcodino wrote: »

DR lead only struggles with the GG nuke teams that have r7 GG's. Any sort of standard GG lead team is easy pickings for DR because you just knock someone under 50% health and then GG is deathmarked and is dead before he can do any damage.
    The biggest problem is that this rips up 2-3 top tier teams for just 1 top tier team, leaving the others without a whole lot of synergy.

It's true that a DR team is stronger in many ways, but a Nihilus lead Triumvirate + BSF and Malak could prove to be a very potent defensive squad for GA and TW, still leaving you with a full SE team that can take down almost anything but the strongest teams and obviously other DR teams with BSF.

I actually thought of this Nihilus team way back when they revealed Malak's kit. Still haven't got to try it out sadly. I don't have Malak because I don't have JKR because Geo TB happened in the meantime. /sosad

In any case I can't wait for the DR meta to pass so I can split BSF from SE with good conscience. She will supercharge any sith team, be it Maul, Traya, Palp, or even Dooku lead Separatists where she will also function as a tank through Dooku's special. Such a lovely lass.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Malak will barely taunt at all on this team. The only source of Fear or Shock is his own special. You'd be basically free to rip his teammates apart with anything that can Expose while he sits there twiddling his thumbs.

I can appreciate theorycrafting, but tbh apart from a brief period when he was first released, Nihilus's lead has just never been good.

But BSF. Also Nihilus lead was never bad, it was just never really worth a zeta, and it's got no speed mechanics and is otherwise easy to shut down. Relics, Malak, and BSF might just make Nihilus lead relevant again though. Emphasis on might, as it'll still be some time before I get to try this myself.

But no, it was never as if it would beat a DR team.
  • thecarterologist958
    1111 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    If you have Malak, you should put him on a Darth Revan team any day, would Dooku work as a substitute? the stealth he gets from his rework makes him much harder to daze and such, and his counters renew health like crazy, not to mention potentially ignoring protection. I used Nihilus lead before the palpatine rework, so as a second tier team instead of Traya lead, it might be alright? There are't enough separatist to use Dooku in a full team without taking away from something else either, unless I'm mistaken.
  • Vertigo wrote: »

The GG nuke teams that have GG in the leader slot are ones that are doing it wrong.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Malak will barely taunt at all on this team. The only source of Fear or Shock is his own special. You'd be basically free to rip his teammates apart with anything that can Expose while he sits there twiddling his thumbs.

But BSF. Also Nihilus lead was never bad, it was just never really worth a zeta, and it's got no speed mechanics and is otherwise easy to shut down. Relics, Malak, and BSF might just make Nihilus lead relevant again though. Emphasis on might, as it'll still be some time before I get to try this myself.

But no, it was never as if it would beat a DR team.

The version OP posted didn't include BSF. I'd agree that BSF would make it substantially better as she supercharges any Sith team.

As for Nihilus, sure, it's an interesting lead, but it's just like...why bother? Traya, EP, DR, hell, even Darth Maul are all better leads. It just seems like a tremendous amount of effort, plus breaking up at least one other high quality squad, to squeeze some use out of a "blergh" leadership.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I passed this idea along to a friend of mine who has every Sith to G13 with maxed out Relics. He says it works against Padme, Grevious, and JKR easily, but gets absolutely smashed by DR.
  • I passed this idea along to a friend of mine who has every Sith to G13 with maxed out Relics. He says it works against Padme, Grevious, and JKR easily, but gets absolutely smashed by DR.

Yea and we dont have relic ability yet.... some player say relic is swgoh 2.0 but when we all character will get a second ability its gona be 2.0
  • The primary issue with DN lead will remain the same issue DN lead has had in the past -- it provides no speed/tm manipulation. Additionally, other than Malak, no one on that team takes reduced damage from percent health effects. I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of a strong JTRey team handle it.
    H_B0MBZ wrote: »

I would love to see someone try this. However I don't think anyone will be willing to r7 toons for a theory craft. (RIP sandbox mode)

How is this R.I.P. sandbox mode?
  • People could test depending on the settings a sandbox mode provided.