I just HAD to test it out! CLS beats Darth Revan and Malak

taquillasun
1158 posts Member
edited September 2019
Look, I have no video or screen shots but... I tested this out last night.

I took CLS G13 relic 2, x2 zeta (missing lead) Han solo G12 1 x zeta, chewy G12 x2 zeta, Baze Malbus G12 C3P0 G9 no zeta - the team I faced had a G13 DR relic 2 and a G13 bastilla.

I won. with 3 up luke han and chewy were left standing... I did it twice against another DR team. Then I ran out of arena fights.

Just to let you know --- it's a tricky counter and my Luke isn't fast at all.

I may swap mods and make him fast just for a DR team killer.

Replies

• What was the kill order?

I went after DR 1st. Han didn't stun him. Then his DR went after my Baze. Then my Luke went. I went right at DR. He had sith trooper - His sith trooper AOE'd and counter attack killed his trooper. Then i went back to DR with Chewy and then stun. Got one. Then his Dr went and shocked and killed baze and c3po. I then took out Dr, Bastila and HK then last malak.

I think C3po got like 1 turn in there. somewhere... But I had 3 standing after. And I did this on another DR team. Not as highly geared but same team composition. For me, it was a feat!
  • There was like one sequence I missed where c3po did something his malak got to han pretty hard. I'm not syaing it's a hard counter. But if you don't have the G13 grevious, you gotta work with what ya got!
    Then i went back to DR with Chewy and then stun. Got one.

I am curious how you managed to land a stun on DR when the DR team can't be stunned as long as DR is alive.
    Then i went back to DR with Chewy and then stun. Got one.

I am curious how you managed to land a stun on DR when the DR team can't be stunned as long as DR is alive.

No idea, I'm pretty sure I got a stun in. But yeah it might have been after the fact. Like I said there was a little sequence in there where malak got Han and chewy went, and I'm pretty sure I landed a stun right after. Maybe I had gotten DR down by then. Must have.

None the less, I need to get this bluestacks going - I wish you could see the stats of the fight someone where. I'm totally not lying though! I got him down 2 times! I'll run it again after work!
  • I wonder what gear levels are the DR team. Also mods on your team if modded for offense/crit damage. As you only have 3 damage dealers, i curious how much damaged G13 CLS does to a G12 SiT modded for prot and crit avoidance.
    And as you said G9 C3PO, so guard goes to him and not on CLS?

Im interested in your results if youre about to try it again as i am wondering for Dralak counters without GG too.
  • I fight DR teams around me consistently. DBast first, once she's down it's a pretty easy fight about 75% of the time. I haven't done it since I did G13 Relic 2 on Han which boosted his damage huge. Should make it even easier.
  • Darth_Viel wrote: »
    I wonder what gear levels are the DR team. Also mods on your team if modded for offense/crit damage. As you only have 3 damage dealers, i curious how much damaged G13 CLS does to a G12 SiT modded for prot and crit avoidance.
    And as you said G9 C3PO, so guard goes to him and not on CLS?

Im interested in your results if youre about to try it again as i am wondering for Dralak counters without GG too.

Here is my roster

https://swgoh.gg/p/671797632/

The DR teams I went against weren't full G13. DR was and Basti was. Relic level 3 above mine.
  • The coolest thing about CLS is he has an awesome lead with a wide assortment of rebels that can collow him.

So G13ing him and Relics can't go wrong.

Unlike many toons you can make a great CLS G13 relic team that will always serve you in GA
  • G13 + Level 2 Relic on Han and he took out a G12 DR with full health and protection. Impressive.
  • Your CLS couldn’t have gone after DR attacked Baze, because CLS would have been feared since he’s lead.
  • Well, I am at relic 4 with my CLS team, and using a G10 ST Han 170 speed instead of my G12 250 speed R2, and now I am slicing through JKR teams better than I ever have. To the point where it is almost a hard counter because my C3 and ST Han are both not G12, amd my only g13 is CLS. If I get the whole team to G13 relic 4 or better I can't see how it won't break top 50.
  • Top 100 consistently when I have time to attack during Payout Hour. C3PO has made holding rank much more stable.

Han is now R5, 6,900 DMG. Chewie about 7,500 @ R4. Still no right side pieces on CLS.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Top 100 consistently when I have time to attack during Payout Hour. C3PO has made holding rank much more stable.

Han is now R5, 6,900 DMG. Chewie about 7,500 @ R4. Still no right side pieces on CLS.

Yeah, I just got this for the 1st time in 3 years. Feels good. Granted to 2 of those years I was gone.
    mxkzigrxe5mg.png
  • I haven't done too much with my trio of rebels since. I did re mod chewy. I've been using a lot of different combos in Arena. I don't have a GG nuke team. However, I have been winning with him subbing in Nute at times. Once or twice at least I think. I've been between Shaak Ti lead and Padmae lead. I really want to try Anakin lead with Shaak ti and some others.

I'd very much like finish my trio - I could do Han this week however, I need that same gear to G13 Shaak Ti if an event launches and the req is G13. If not, I may just swing that over to Han and finish off my trio!
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    @taquillasun Shaak is way more important than Han unless your CLS squad is important for GA.

My CLS team is both my arena and my only 1 JKR counter.
  • @taquillasun Shaak is way more important than Han unless your CLS squad is important for GA.

Just looking down the road, the writing is on the wall and Shaak Ti is out as the leader of the 501st.

But that doesn't mean she isn't going to take on a new role. Her Zetas, of which I have both socketed, are amazing for "Clones" in a generic sense.

Before CG Carrie left, she dropped a hint about Clones, Shaak Ti and nesting dolls. So I do think there are plans for her, CC Cody and Clone Sargent.

I'm just really being cautious because if I don't need to G13 her, I will hold off gladly. I am curious to see if a even bigger character launch is right around the corner.. but yeah, Shaak Ti could easily go G13 and no worries or buyers remorse. Just playing a wait and see game. Hope they launch some sort of an event.

• @taquillasun Shaak is way more important than Han unless your CLS squad is important for GA.

Just looking down the road, the writing is on the wall and Shaak Ti is out as the leader of the 501st.

But that doesn't mean she isn't going to take on a new role. Her Zetas, of which I have both socketed, are amazing for "Clones" in a generic sense.

Before CG Carrie left, she dropped a hint about Clones, Shaak Ti and nesting dolls. So I do think there are plans for her, CC Cody and Clone Sargent.

I'm just really being cautious because if I don't need to G13 her, I will hold off gladly. I am curious to see if a even bigger character launch is right around the corner.. but yeah, Shaak Ti could easily go G13 and no worries or buyers remorse. Just playing a wait and see game. Hope they launch some sort of an event.

G13 and relics are still wayyyyyyy too new to make such a statement about Shaak.

G13 and relics are still wayyyyyyy too new to make such a statement about Shaak.

I am pretty sure they giving ng us an Anakin.. and I don't think shaak tis leader will provide a better synergy. We shall see. I'd expect an announcement tomorrow and an update Thurs and go on Friday?
  • Wait...I'm confused. Are people not regularly using CLS to beat Revan/Malak? Especially in the 100-200 range?

I run CLS on my alt and can't remember the last time I lost to Revan/Malak (I know it happens on bad RNG sometimes). If people would actually be interested, I could make a video of it...
  • Dryff wrote: »
    Wait...I'm confused. Are people not regularly using CLS to beat Revan/Malak? Especially in the 100-200 range?

I run CLS on my alt and can't remember the last time I lost to Revan/Malak (I know it happens on bad RNG sometimes). If people would actually be interested, I could make a video of it...

My CLS team just isn't there yet.
    Wait...I'm confused. Are people not regularly using CLS to beat Revan/Malak? Especially in the 100-200 range?

I typically climb to the top 50 and had long runs top 30. So, good up on taking down revan in that range. It's harder than the higher levels I think.

Arena is pretty diverse. Nothing is holding on defense. Just arena shard chatss protecting top 10 that's all.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Dryff wrote: »

I typically climb to the top 50 and had long runs top 30. So, good up on taking down revan in that range. It's harder than the higher levels I think.

Arena is pretty diverse. Nothing is holding on defense. Just arena shard chatss protecting top 10 that's all.

Shard and mod dependent, so only partially true. I generally still hold top 30 thanks to mods, and shard chats protecting top 10 is absolutely not the case in my shard. All we do is not hit each other in payout hour, maybe one hour prior. There's way too many to protect any positions.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • My shard is a bit different. I see the same under geared/under relics teams holding. It can't be easy these days as your example shows it's kinda wild now.

My shard is pretty chill. With revan and d revan they sent me invites as I bumped to the top 10 at those times. I declined politely and let them know I do my arena at reset and don't attack after. They didn't send me threats or anything or warnings. They aren't like these mafia style shards you see people describing.

I'm sure they'll see me again bump into the top next meta and I don't expect any blowback.

I like it right now. I've even tried Anakin leads w/ shaak ti against a lot of different teams to see what the added offense does. I don't always time it right but when you do it's gnarly . When I don't, it's a loss.

Props to you and this guy holding strong. I don't expect to hold anything these days. Would like to. But ... admittedly arena is not where I get the majority of crystals like f2p does. A tad less incentive. The fun of it is where it's at though.

• Just curious if it's ever happened where a mean shard chat had their detractors band together and take over that shard chat and become the oppressors they sought to depose?

This is awesome news!
  • I don't believe you, op.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    I don't believe you, op.

No? Okay. You don't have to. However, I stand steadfast not only did I beat that team. I still can.