What is happening with mods upgrades?

Prev1345
GJO
172 posts Member
I use to remember when I use to buy mods on store. Some of them would end up on trash, but some of them would turn on great mods.

I didn't use all pictures I have (just today), but for the past two or three months it's near to impossible to get one single speed upgrade. I use to enjoy buying mods at store, nowadays I just don't care. They all end up the same way. Upgrading EVERYTHING, except speed. All the time, everytime, always.

What is going on? Something changed?
[img]https://us.v- cdn.net/6025736/uploads/editor/i2/angc65m7jjao.png[/img]
1s7woapmrwdq.png
unkw8je4qg4a.png
krgkhgz7eoaz.png

Replies

• Same here
  • I've gotten like 2-3 20+ speed mods in the past week or two.
  • I don't buy them if they are showing defense, even if they show speed. My RNGesus likes to proc the defense, every single time. Yes, I also have noticed a dearth of good mods in the store.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Yeah I haven’t gotten a +25 in almost a year now.
  • It does seem as if the stats have different probabilities of upgrading. I see speed increase much less often than defense or tenacity.
  • I’ll put on my tinfoil hat and agree with this. Mods with god speed have become a thing of the past, I’m so sick and tired of farming mods and wasting currency for garbage. Between buying them and upgrading ones I already own and nothing has rolled over 14 in months and months. Same with all my guild members.
  • Update: I just bought a blue speed set cross showing 5 speed. It didn't proc any defense on secondary rolls, and it did hit the speed once to end at 9. Oh well..
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Dude, if u dont know, the devs r manipulating every single aspect in this game. That include dps formulas, drop rates, better rng's and scpecial treatment for donors, u name it... Silent updates all the time, they r server side, on the go, so u wont notice them. If u r f2p or pay low amount, just swallow it u wont get the good stuff...
  • I'm glad more people are realizing this so I am not the only one who gets called out. The game is 100% manipulated against us. I own 1 mod with +25 speed in 3 years of playing... I have not received any good mods since mods 2.0 like none! Whether it's mod shop mods, event mods or farmed mods. The devs have made it impossible to get secondaries over 20 for many people and it's ruining the game for me
  • People always think they spend more time on mods than they really do and no one who ever post in these threads actually has meaningful data backing up their claims of manipulation against them.
    Sounds harsh but no one can disprove that and the onus is on the person making that claim to do exactly that.
    If you want to find it a guy on reddit did a tonne of research about mods/ slice rolls and i believe that speed had an equal chance of appearing on a mod but had only a 6% chance (could be wrong) of being the rerolled stat.
    Something like a 0.002% chance of a mod that only rolled speed
    (5)
  • Let's put it this way, I have never kept track of my mod upgrading but I know this for a fact, ALL but 1, yes 1, of my mods with more than 20 speed secondary came from before the mod 2.0 update. In fact, before the mods 2.0 I would rarely farm mods because since I started playing the game about a year after lunch, I had fallend behind in respect to my cantina farming and I couldn't spare the energy to farm mods, I've probably farmed more than 3-4 times more mods after 2.0 than before and add all the events that came after 2.0 that reward mods, like mythic events, the BH event, the one with Dooku and the Seppies. Despite the fact that I've upgraded 5 times as many mods (if we include event mods) I've gotten only 1 mod with over 20 speed.

To simply say this is coincidence or bad RNG sounds very **** and absurd. The fact that they started throwing more mods at us with 2.0 is to mask the insane nerf in rolls and to increase the probability we'd get a few decent mods after 2.0 so we'd shut up. Unfortunately they nerfed the rolls so hard than even with 5 times as many mods, I have like 1/10th of the results. That's just insane and very very sad
  • Let's put it this way, I have never kept track of my mod upgrading but I know this for a fact, ALL but 1, yes 1, of my mods with more than 20 speed secondary came from before the mod 2.0 update. In fact, before the mods 2.0 I would rarely farm mods because since I started playing the game about a year after lunch, I had fallend behind in respect to my cantina farming and I couldn't spare the energy to farm mods, I've probably farmed more than 3-4 times more mods after 2.0 than before and add all the events that came after 2.0 that reward mods, like mythic events, the BH event, the one with Dooku and the Seppies. Despite the fact that I've upgraded 5 times as many mods (if we include event mods) I've gotten only 1 mod with over 20 speed.

To simply say this is coincidence or bad RNG sounds very **** and absurd. The fact that they started throwing more mods at us with 2.0 is to mask the insane nerf in rolls and to increase the probability we'd get a few decent mods after 2.0 so we'd shut up. Unfortunately they nerfed the rolls so hard than even with 5 times as many mods, I have like 1/10th of the results. That's just insane and very very sad

You make a lot of claims here that can mostly just be reduced to coincidence and/or bad RNG. It doesn't matter how you think that sounds because you have nothing beyond the anecdotal here.
    Even with what you're saying that still puts everyone in the same boat, if you think it was better before 2.0 then it was for everyone, likewise with how it is now post 2.0.
  • 18 months playing and most of my good mods came from pre 2.0 and sliced post 2.0. Everyone has runs of bad luck but you have to put the work in to get them.f9or11zrpgui.jpg

What mod tool is that?
  • Mods are such a sad topic for me, they make of break entire squads, determine your crystal income in arena and yet they are 100% luck of the draw. But the fact that they changed how mods upgrade after 2.0 means we're simply denied the opportunity to be on the same terms as those who hardcore farmed pre 2.0 and that's just sad to me. Mods 2.0 is the worst thing that's happened to the game after relics and basically doomed certain players to never get to play the game with decent mods

The first sentence renders the rest of this post complete guesswork.

Are you implying that the devs have engineered different RNG for different players that stops some of us obtaining fast mods?

Are you implying that the devs have engineered different RNG for different players that stops some of us obtaining fast mods?

Well would you be surprised if they tweeked roll rates to be a little higher for spenders vs f2p? It's just parameters in the code, very very easy to do even for amateurs. But I think they generally nerfed the rolls by a huge amount due to the fact that mods got their own energy and players got alot more mods. All I know is that I've gotten only 1 mod with over 20 speed since 2.0 and that's ridiculous
  • People who spend on mods will get more mods and have better mods than you. That doesn't require any conspiracy about CG being out to get the little guy.
    If you haven't gotten a mod to roll over 20 since 2.0 then you are not farming mods correctly/ efficiently as you could be

Well would you be surprised if they tweeked roll rates to be a little higher for spenders vs f2p? It's just parameters in the code, very very easy to do even for amateurs. But I think they generally nerfed the rolls by a huge amount due to the fact that mods got their own energy and players got alot more mods. All I know is that I've gotten only 1 mod with over 20 speed since 2.0 and that's ridiculous
    I would be surprised.

This guy has data, and speed popped just over 25% of the time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/bqyw77/stupid_amount_of_mod_farming_stats/

His data I believe. Start keeping your own if you want to convince people you're correct.
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Let's put it this way, I have never kept track of my mod upgrading but I know this for a fact, ALL but 1, yes 1, of my mods with more than 20 speed secondary came from before the mod 2.0 update. In fact, before the mods 2.0 I would rarely farm mods because since I started playing the game about a year after lunch, I had fallend behind in respect to my cantina farming and I couldn't spare the energy to farm mods, I've probably farmed more than 3-4 times more mods after 2.0 than before and add all the events that came after 2.0 that reward mods, like mythic events, the BH event, the one with Dooku and the Seppies. Despite the fact that I've upgraded 5 times as many mods (if we include event mods) I've gotten only 1 mod with over 20 speed.

I would be surprised.

This guy has data, and speed popped just over 25% of the time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/bqyw77/stupid_amount_of_mod_farming_stats/

His data I believe. Start keeping your own if you want to convince people you're correct.

I beleive he is correct and the data you supported actually proved balding head to be correct. Balding is saying the chance to get a 20 plus speed mod was much higher before mods 2.0 and he is right. If you pulled a purple mod with speed you had a 33% chance x3 for it to upgrade on speed to hit 20, blues were 50% chance but limited to 15 speed...

Then 2.0 hit and now these mods that had a much higher shot of increasing speed could be crafted for even more speed.

That's why mods from pre 2.0 and much better they all had a higher chance at hitting speed as a upgrade, except gold that's always been 25%, but if you remember gokd mods were the worse mods before 2.0 specifically because they had the lowest shot at hitting speed.

Simple example

Pre 2.0 mods
    Green 100% 25% 25% 25% = 43.75%
    Blue 50% 50% 25% 25% = 37.5%
    Purp 33% 33% 33% 25% = 31.25%
    Gold 25% 25% 25% 25% = 25% chance to upgrade speed

Post 2.0 mods
    Any color 25% 25% 25% 25% = 25%

So yes farming mods has become much more difficult and the chances you hit a great 25 speed mod have gone down a lot as the chance to upgrade speed is now much less no matter how much you farm.
  • I'm not really disputing that, to be honest.

But @BaldingHead90 is making other claims - claims that suggest the devs tweak the probabilities for certain users to be less likely for speed to pop when levelling / slicing mods.

And until he actually tracks his data, rather than plucking numbers out of thin air, I will continue to not believe that this is happening.
  • The technology exists the reduce the rate at you get closer to the goal so I'm sure the technology exists to give better rng to spenders than f2p. Now whether they use it and if he has proof are another story but his ideas aren't totally made up out of thin air. It's entirely possible.

I'd say if may or may not be true no one knows...

until someone tracks drops from a 500 a month account and a free account farming the same item we cant say who's right.
  • The technology exists the reduce the rate at you get closer to the goal so I'm sure the technology exists to give better rng to spenders than f2p. Now whether they use it and if he has proof are another story but his ideas aren't totally made up out of thin air. It's entirely possible.

until someone tracks drops from a 500 a month account and a free account farming the same item we cant say who's right.

Yes we can, you can't make the claim about any difference in drop rate based on spending without evidence.
    There is no droprate change until you prove it.
    Some people just want more reasons to feel good about their general disdain for whales.

Crumb has stated clearly that the probabilities are the same for all users.

The burden of proof rests with the conspiracy theorists, which is a shame because they are never prepared to provide it.
  • Mods are fine. RNGesus just doesn't look fondly upon us most of the time. Some people have better luck with the system OR they invest enough resources or $ to overcome it.

Just sliced this one for GMY though:
    6bfjes9oefyl.png
  • Lysandrax wrote: »

That is absolutely false. Any given thing (in this case, a change in drop rate) can be true without proof. For example: the world was actually round (ok, basically round, not an exact sphere) before it was proven to be such. Lack of proof does not equal lack of truth.
  • AnnerDoon wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »

That is absolutely false. Any given thing (in this case, a change in drop rate) can be true without proof. For example: the world was actually round (ok, basically round, not an exact sphere) before it was proven to be such. Lack of proof does not equal lack of truth.

No.
    That is all.
  • I’m very sure drop rates and rolls are tweaked as you progress in the game. I can’t prove it and no one can because there is no precedence since mobile games are still relatively new. I can say almost without a doubt though that it is not all about spending. They take in account A LOT of things that determine your progress in the game. I shamelessly have been spending an ungodly amount in this game but me and this other guy in my shard has been tied with our highest speed set for ages and it almost seems like we can’t improve our best speed set unless one of us out speeds the other. It’s a very “carrot on a stick” method they use and the carrot can be many things. One of the most noticeable “carrots” I’ve experienced was zetas. Before they guaranteed 1 zeta my zeta income was very strange. Before DR around the time C3PO came about, that winter I was averaging 3-4 zetas per challenge day. But as soon as DR came into play I hit a dry spell for about 2 months straight. Now if you remember during that time people were extremely prepared for DR due to early releases of BSF and Carth and late releases of canderous and Juhani. Anyways, yeah you’re probably getting played, hard. There are severe patents that no one will ever be able to prove.

It makes you wonder if they spent less time trying to play us and more on the game how great this game could be. Oh well, you have to find pleasure in life somehow
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    AnnerDoon wrote: »

Yeah ok but flat earthers still exist today and so do people who think they change drop rates or speed roll rates, despite proof otherwise.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    AnnerDoon wrote: »

Yeah ok but flat earthers still exist today and so do people who think they change drop rates or speed roll rates, despite proof otherwise.

Idk man, most evidence is anecdotal because it's hard to get enough mods in the first place to have a big enough sample size. Most of the times I don't have the patience to wait to collect a bunch of mods, I just upgrade them to find out. Also for someone with my reputation it feels like it would be a wasted effort since most people would claim I cheated with the numbers to provide a false narrative and make the devs look bad, ask me to post my GG link and stuff like that.

The fact is, even if I farmed the bare minimum amount of mods, never refreshed (even though I did), and added the mods from events, the fact that I've only seen 1 mod with over 20 speed secondary since 2.0 is absurd and should not be happening... I am not a person to sell mods without satisfying my curiosity and looking at their secondaries either. I upgrade all my mods to see their 4 secondaries, I only sell grey mods when I need to make space, I also sell my 3-4 dot ones for obvious reasons, curiously enough I do have a couple of 4 dots since pre 2.0 with 11-14 speed that I still use. I upgrade all my green and blue mods to make sure they don't have speed before I sell them, and if they do have speed I'll take em to 12 every time just to see what's up.

The devs threw all of mods at us since 2.0 and mods getting their own energy, also mythic events and other events that reward mods, clearly they had to nerf the odds of upgrading speed and that's reasonable. Unfortunately for us I think they nerfed it excessively because since they put mod energy at 50 cost per refresh, they expected the whale to get ALOT of mods so they had to keep the chances low. This unfortunately hurts the f2p disproportionately since they can't farm as many mods.

I've heard the concept of bad luck so many times that I just don't think it's just bad luck any more, unless I'm cursed with permanent bad luck which I don't believe, I simply think there's more to it.
This discussion has been closed.