Relics are a waste of resources,Time and/or money.

2Next

Replies

• Woof wrote: »
    130k BH team, 2 relics maxed out, can't beat a 98k Bastila team? So far they can't beat any team the couldn't beat before. Waste of time, another resource/money grab.

I beg to differ I have always run NS and have always had a hard time with DR teams, I have always been fairly high in rank on my 2015 server, and always got stopped when I hit the DR wall. I spank DR teams now, my NSS routinely 1 shots Dark Bastilla now, she easily hits for 110k plus. My MT is almost at 10k special damage (9.7k now), my OD sits at a minimum of 149k HP's, and my Asajj is insanely powerful now. I kill DR teams in under 2 minutes now.

https://swgoh.gg/p/267725337/characters/
  • Presaria wrote: »
    Relics are trash in general. The meta is the meta and it is unchanged. If you are in the top 20 of your arena shard then a small difference does matter. But in general, relics have no value yet.

Lmao, your proof?? I take out the Meta teams with my NS bub, NS before had a hard time now they are simply speed bumps.

If you truly think they are a waste by all means disregard relics at all cost but you are an ignorant fool if you do.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Presaria wrote: »
    Relics are trash in general. The meta is the meta and it is unchanged. If you are in the top 20 of your arena shard then a small difference does matter. But in general, relics have no value yet.

Lmao, your proof?? I take out the Meta teams with my NS bub, NS before had a hard time now they are simply speed bumps.

If you truly think they are a waste by all means disregard relics at all cost but you are an ignorant fool if you do.

May I ask why 60 is your top rank?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

Sure can I ask what rock you have been under?? If you haven't noticed I run NS!! I am on a Nov 2015 shard all who have DR, I can now beat DR teams, however you don't usually go from 150 to #1 in a week especially when those DR teams have been there for a long time. Have you ever made it past the top 100?? Because your lack of knowledge of how arena works is kinda surprising.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Sure can I ask what rock you have been under?? If you haven't noticed I run NS!! I am on a Nov 2015 shard all who have DR, I can now beat DR teams, however you don't usually go from 150 to #1 in a week especially when those DR teams have been there for a long time. Have you ever made it past the top 100?? Because your lack of knowledge of how arena works is kinda surprising.

https://swgoh.gg/p/279847465/

So yeah, I know how arena works. Prior to this I could take first with CLS against the JKR meta, Thrawn against the Traya meta, and JTR against the EP meta.

I'm not arguing that relics are trash, that's silly. I'm arguing that a best finish of 60 doesn't tell me relics make a difference against the meta, which is to say against the top of arena. You are beating DR teams, but not top DR teams. So ok. Relics only take you so far. If they could take you farther, you absolutely could go to 150 to #1 in a week. Especially since you have three maxed, a 6, and a 5.

If you get everyone to 7 and can take first, I'll listen.

You had the $/resources to r7 5 ns but there’s no way to get to first in a week?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    You showed us your stats but not your opponent's stats?
  • Gifafi wrote: »

You had the $/resources to r7 5 ns but there’s no way to get to first in a week?

Yup I was on a DoD job for the last 6 days so yea wasn't getting them to first especially since I just got them all their 3 days ago, the relics were released a week ago i just didn't have time to do it then.
  • While I was rooting for you, that's a 297 speed DR and a G12 Fallen running at 278. That's actually a pretty good ranking for a team that slow on such an old shard. My 331 speed DR has trouble breaking top 20 when I care to climb with it (on a Sep 2017 shard)
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    While I was rooting for you, that's a 297 speed DR and a G12 Fallen running at 278. That's actually a pretty good ranking for a team that slow on such an old shard. My 331 speed DR has trouble breaking top 20 when I care to climb with it (on a Sep 2017 shard)

That's why I was asking about the opponent's mods. 297 DR and 278 BSF in the 40s is very poor.
  • While I was rooting for you, that's a 297 speed DR and a G12 Fallen running at 278. That's actually a pretty good ranking for a team that slow on such an old shard. My 331 speed DR has trouble breaking top 20 when I care to climb with it (on a Sep 2017 shard)

That's not the only team I beat to get there, it's a 2015 shard and no matter the speed they all still go down. If I really need to beat a team I give spirit Asajj's mods and she is sitting at 305, which still makes her faster than your bastilla, that's why you look at stats before you fight someone. BTW TVF if I am beating teams better than your without being fully maxed what difference does it make when I get them all to 7, your logic is seriously flawed. Only reason I selected that team was cause I am at work and can't be on my phone all day, my computer on the other hand I do work here so it's easier.

That's not the only team I beat to get there, it's a 2015 shard and no matter the speed they all still go down. If I really need to beat a team I give spirit Asajj's mods and she is sitting at 305, which still makes her faster than your bastilla, that's why you look at stats before you fight someone. BTW TVF if I am beating teams better than your without being fully maxed what difference does it make when I get them all to 7, your logic is seriously flawed. Only reason I selected that team was cause I am at work and can't be on my phone all day, my computer on the other hand I do work here so it's easier.

Like I said, I'm rooting for you. I truly hope that R7 can bring an end to the prescriptive meta and make arena multi-team climb-able. You're making some pretty big claims, which is great. You provided evidence, also great! Unfortunately, the evidence you provided doesn't back up your claim...yet! Simple solution, over the next few days as your schedule allows it, record a few matches as you wade into the top 10.

Third time I'll say it, I'm rooting for you. Showing a match against a good but easily beatable DR squad isn't proof that you can climb to 1. It's proof that you can climb to 46.

Like I said, I'm rooting for you. I truly hope that R7 can bring an end to the prescriptive meta and make arena multi-team climb-able. You're making some pretty big claims, which is great. You provided evidence, also great! Unfortunately, the evidence you provided doesn't back up your claim...yet! Simple solution, over the next few days as your schedule allows it, record a few matches as you wade into the top 10.

Third time I'll say it, I'm rooting for you. Showing a match against a good but easily beatable DR squad isn't proof that you can climb to 1. It's proof that you can climb to 46.

23 now.

couldn't beat the team in 20th, 21st or 22nd?
  • christopher152003
    381 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    While I was rooting for you, that's a 297 speed DR and a G12 Fallen running at 278. That's actually a pretty good ranking for a team that slow on such an old shard. My 331 speed DR has trouble breaking top 20 when I care to climb with it (on a Sep 2017 shard)

23 now.

Wow see you guys, no matter what someone does you suspend all logical thinking and make statements like that.

For 1 I get attacked alot more than any other team as I climb the ranks because I am the only different team these guys see.

2nd I can't control what my options are to attack as I get knocked back then move forward.

If this is beyond your ability to think about then maybe you should save your discussions for a wall, at least then the conversation will be stimulating for you.

If it takes me a few days fine not gonna spend infinite amounts of money just to prove how ignorant you guys are.

23 now.

Wow see you guys, no matter what someone does you suspend all logical thinking and make statements like that.

For 1 I get attacked alot more than any other team as I climb the ranks because I am the only different team these guys see.

2nd I can't control what my options are to attack as I get knocked back then move forward.

If this is beyond your ability to think about then maybe you should save your discussions for a wall, at least then the conversation will be stimulating for you.

If it takes me a few days fine not gonna spend infinite amounts of money just to prove how ignorant you guys are.

Wow! So you got knocked back from 27th to 30th within 10 mins!? Sounds like you may have stumbled on an awful choice of arena team! Who climbs only 3 spots unless they are super desperate for an easy fight???

23 now.

Wow! So you got knocked back from 27th to 30th within 10 mins!? Sounds like you may have stumbled on an awful choice of arena team! Who climbs only 3 spots unless they are super desperate for an easy fight???

16 now. Btw are you really that ignorant to not see you just insulted yourself and everyone who uses DR. I just blew through every team that is considered meta, if your meta teams are getting beat by a not even close to meta team what the hell do you think that says about relics?? 1 week ago I couldn't beat DR teams now, I can't help but beat them. So what does this say, either relics are more powerful than you want to admit, or your team isn't meta anymore. Which is it?

23 now.

16 now

Max jump from 23 is 17.... did you get knocked back again!!!??? You really seem to be struggling to maintain rank there. Maybe work on your team comp a bit? I've heard that Darth Revan, Malak, BSF, HK and Sith Marauder let you climb max jump without being knocked back every 5 mins. Even at relic levels 2 or 3! (if you have the awesome mods you mentioned before).
    +3 speed on HT is huge? The same HT that gains TM whenever anyone else takes damage?

If it allows my HT to go before the opponent's provided I'm smart enough not to feed him TM, then yes, that's huge. It means I'll get Breach on my HT (if at all; the relic also increases tenacity) and can easily cleanse it before I call in Cassian.

PS: I just read your post on the importance of speed in another thread. Meanwhile, you're over here pretending that speed is irrelevant. It's amusing how you bend and twist yourself just to be contrarian.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    +3 speed on HT is huge? The same HT that gains TM whenever anyone else takes damage?

If it allows my HT to go before the opponent's provided I'm smart enough not to feed him TM, then yes, that's huge. It means I'll get Breach on my HT (if at all; the relic also increases tenacity) and can easily cleanse it before I call in Cassian.

PS: I just read your post on the importance of speed in another thread. Meanwhile, you're over here pretending that speed is irrelevant. It's amusing how you bend and twist yourself just to be contrarian.

The importance of squad speed and fleet speed are not remotely the same, especially in the current fleet meta where Falcon smashes everything.

I have a G11 Ackbar. Slower than dirt. And I still win every battle. By cleansing HT with Ackbar before calling Cassian. Shrug.

The importance of squad speed and fleet speed are not remotely the same, especially in the current fleet meta where Falcon smashes everything.

I have a G11 Ackbar. Slower than dirt. And I still win every battle. By cleansing HT with Ackbar before calling Cassian. Shrug.

Win every battle? Running Biggs with those mods, and Bossk with a single 6E? You avoid the maxed Bistan fights? This strikes me as hyperbole.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited September 2019

Win every battle? Running Biggs with those mods, and Bossk with a single 6E? You avoid the maxed Bistan fights? This strikes me as hyperbole.

I will respond to this when you respond to me in my signal data thread.

Also please post your gg.

It seems we've made very different experiences in fleet. I find speed to be quite important. Having one of the two fastest Home Ones on my server has served me well. I often manage to remove one enemy ship from the equation in the opening round. But sometimes I get bad assist RNG, which is why I prefer to hold the cleanse / heal until I need it to save a badly battered HT or Biggs.