Episode 9 content - How are you preparing?

Replies

• Best way to prepare is to maybe pick up some part time work now
  • Hoarding. That seems to be the only way to play this game nowadays. Hoard every resource you can until the next big thing comes out.
  • I have everyone from both factions 7* except Rose and FOSFTP. Rose is almost 5* already. They're all modded except Resistance pilot. Outside of RP they're all G7+. Unfortunate leftovers from the pre GAC roster bloat method.
  • We should be mentally prepared for none of it to be adequately tested...
  • Honestly...who cares, they’ll be mostly impossible to get and won’t work correctly anyway.
  • Rose is halfway to 7* and then I’ve been modding/and gearing some fo as they are lacking.

I have 6 zetas in the pocket and will see what they release. I never have enough gear and can’t hoard more than one thing at a time lol

Hoping for knights of Ren but that’s probably not going to happen. Per Top Hat less than 10 releases including ships and hux and Sith trooper. KOR are a 6 piece team with out Kylo.
  • I am preparing for EP9 by not preparing for EP9. I would never clutter my roster with a new crybaby Kylo or any of the others. I don't care if it's a year-long super meta, to hell with the new movies.

Alright Boomer.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Best way to prepare is to maybe pick up some part time work now

This is the easy answer. If you want to be prepared, have all the possible toons at 7* and hoard gear and zetas.
  • I have FO all at G12. With varying G12 pieces. Will it be enough? I don’t think it will. So i’m not going to stress trying to get this new content if it requires G13 R 4-7. I can’t do it anymore. I’ll get it in 6 months.
  • I'm farming Grevious droids, BH ships for ****, and Shaak Ti.
    Episode 9 lol
  • Hoping for knights of Ren but that’s probably not going to happen. Per Top Hat less than 10 releases including ships and hux and Sith trooper. KOR are a 6 piece team with out Kylo.

I was also super hoping for the Knights of Ren, & if they're only doing 10 total sequel characters/ships then that does make it less likely... But one thing that could be a slightest possibility would be to do maybe up to four Knights of Ren & have Supreme Leader Kylo in the fifth, leader slot. Still probably not very likely, but could be one potential way to work with the limited number of characters/ships they're releasing.
  • I have FO all at G12. With varying G12 pieces. Will it be enough? I don’t think it will. So i’m not going to stress trying to get this new content if it requires G13 R 4-7. I can’t do it anymore. I’ll get it in 6 months.

And I mean, honestly, we may not get any super big Journies/Epic Confronations/others until January/February/March after these marquee(?) (Hux, Sith Trooper) characters have become available to farm/panic farm. So yeah, you're right, if we need G13 R5+ then second time around could be 6+ months from now.
  • If it’s out to March I could be ready. Unless the new toons are not required but really “required” to unlock. Paying for packs and bundles is not an option.
  • I bet we get a First Order Capital Ship that has a similar mechanic like Thrawn, where it insta-kills a ship.. since the have shown that new super weapon on them in the trailers.
  • I'm not doing anything special. I'll wait until I see what is coming in terms of FO and Resistance because I'm not wasting gear on a toon that is just going to get replaced on my FO or Resistance squad by a new toon.
  • nurm
    107 posts Member
    I brought fox to g12, because I like him and geared up FO a bit because I use them in GAC.
    I farm the Vets to get Rey, but I already planned this before their announcement.

So, if the new content meets my investments, I will be happy.
  • It is all a guessing game, but I finished taking Rose, Holdo, and the FOSFTP to 7* to round out my Resistance and FO squads. I'm also working on taking EP and RG to G12. But, if they require ships I'm hosed. I don't have all of the FO ships to 7*. All that being said, IF there is some event and it requires 17,500+ GP, then I stand no chance. Or, they could have some event a few months after Hux and company are released that require them.
  • I have Kylo and KRU at G13, working on the rest of the crew now... I’ll be hoarding because you have to now... then once we see how we’re getting Hux and Sith Trooper I’ll adjust accordingly...
  • Predictions on the ten toons/ships we get?
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    After the recent fiascos I just can't be bothered to prepare at all. My guess is they require 25k gp for a character to even participate.
  • With Skywalker returning in the future and with the new light side TB all my gear focus was on Galatic Republic/Separists/ and now clones:(

Kinda hard to hoard gear in preparation for that episode when Cg is making all these events require g13 and high relics:((

Don’t like the road this game is now gone done but I have 2 choices. Continue or quit and see my 4 years of playing and money spent collect dust.

For now I’ve chosen to continue but the annoyance of tediousness of the game is pulling me closer to just quitting.
  • I’ve taken out a home equity line of credit. Hopefully it will be enough to unlock the new meta toon at 3* so I can spend 6 months hoarding new currency to get to 7*.
    Then all I need to do is drop $1-2k on gear so that I can start grinding relic materials.
    That will put me in a great spot to begin farming 300-400 mods so that I can get a good one in time to deploy the toon in Tb.
  • I am preparing for EP9 by not preparing for EP9. I would never clutter my roster with a new crybaby Kylo or any of the others. I don't care if it's a year-long super meta, to hell with the new movies.

Agreed, to hell with the new movies
  • With Skywalker returning in the future and with the new light side TB all my gear focus was on Galatic Republic/Separists/ and now clones:(

Kinda hard to hoard gear in preparation for that episode when Cg is making all these events require g13 and high relics:((

Don’t like the road this game is now gone done but I have 2 choices. Continue or quit and see my 4 years of playing and money spent collect dust.

For now I’ve chosen to continue but the annoyance of tediousness of the game is pulling me closer to just quitting.

I find playing just to use characters you like and not going for top or wanting to get high stars in TB quickly so playing casually is a way to not get to annoyed at CG(they are still being dumb though)
  • Predictions on the ten toons/ships we get?

Including the confirmed releases, at this point my best guesses, personally, would be:

1. Hux
    2. Sith Trooper
    3. Supreme Leader Kylo Ren
    4. Jedi (Master?) Rey
    [all of the above for 100% SURE, then speculation]
    5. Zorri Bliss
    6. Jannah
    7. Poe's (new) X-Wing
    8. TIE Whisper
    9. FO Capital Ship
    10. Resistance Capital Ship

Again, I'd LOVE to see the Knights of Ren, but they would replace a number of other potential characters -- especially since they said less than 10 total. So it seems fairly unlikely. </3 I could also see a BB-9E, & at some point we're going to need an Old Jedi/Hermit Luke. Maybe Snoke some day, but unless TROS has some huge revelations, he doesn't seem particularly relevant any more. You also can't sleep on a potential new Palpatine or at least something of a rework.
  • Have the main ones at G13. I have little doubt that any great characters to come out of episode 9 will be hidden behind extremely unreasonable requirements for most of the community.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    I am preparing for EP9 by not preparing for EP9. I would never clutter my roster with a new crybaby Kylo or any of the others. I don't care if it's a year-long super meta, to hell with the new movies.

I've never really understood this mentality. The game essentially has nothing to do with the movies aside from using the same characters. Why would you intentionally cripple yourself just because you don't like a particular character? I never played KOTOR, but you can bet your left buttcheek I still farmed hard to get both Revans and Malak.

Because, there are other reasons to play a game? I know League of Legends is insanely popular, but I’m not going to play it because I don’t enjoy it.

I actually wish swgoh was more balanced- so you could use different toons in different ways to be competitive - instead of every player having to chase the same characters all the time. I think it’s actually a much worse game for the fact that CG basically forces you to collect a stream of characters that you don’t like.. in my opinion, that’s the short sighted solution, and really just the easiest and fastest way for them to make money.. has little to do with making it a better game.
  • FOX seems like a good choice to G13 as his damage scales off his health, and most characters get a huge health boost from relics.