Count Dooku Mods w/ Relics

I decided to push Count Dooku up to G13 and then quickly got him to re. With the change in stats, does this change your opinion on how to mod him? There has been a lot of discussion about how to mod him even before relics, but now I've seen quite a boost in some categories. I was running a speed set and focusing on offense/protection, but with additional crit damage and crit chance, is slower with crit a better way to go in your opinions?

How do you mod the Count and why do you like it that way?

Replies

• *r3
  • I have r4 Dooku, haven't gotten around to it yet but I'll switch to a fast CD set currently on my Maul, as my Dooku crits extremely often now so it seems a waste not to. Only have a CD triangle on him now but the damage is very noticeable with the relentless counters. Also he pretty much needs a tenacity cross so he won't get shut down so easily. And obviously protection rather than health. I'm very happy with where Dooku is at in this game right now. He's probably the character that gained the most of g13 and relics combined, and he really is one of the better toons in the game now. I'll add screens of his stats and last night's raid score, which is not incredible but it's my record with Seps and he outdid Grievous(again).
    1c0nn2bc5i02.png
    eylbbcf16z67.png
  • Good idea on the tenacity cross. I've been considering that too. Thanks for the reply and good luck!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I don't have a reliced Dooku, but I WANT one.
  • I have a Dooku at g13 Relic 7 (No pic sorry) but like some people say Id run him as a tenacity junky to be safe if you can, I still run with critical damage and critical chance mods as they have decent speed on them atm, so he has some decent numbers, ill post them to give you an idea of where hes at, only weak point id say is my protection, I also currently run a G13 Relic 6 Emperor Palpatine as lead:
    Health: 52,535
    Protection: 38,923
    Speed: 290
    Critical Damage: 235.5% (highest possible)
    Potency: 103.42%
    Tenacity: 93.09%
    Damage: 5708
    Critical Chance: 78.1%
    Armor: 54.9%
    Damage(Special): 7690
    Critical Chance(Special): 44.31%
    Resistance: 49.4%

Putting this into some perspective, I would say Dooku will average about 20-25k per basic attack (not counting bonus attacks) on *decent* armored opponents, prob sub 35-30% armor. Ive gotten his special in arena upon criticals to hit over 70k and finish off opponents very easily. By far my favorite toon and always has been since day 1. Go nuts!
  • I have a Dooku at g13 Relic 7 (No pic sorry) but like some people say Id run him as a tenacity junky to be safe if you can, I still run with critical damage and critical chance mods as they have decent speed on them atm, so he has some decent numbers, ill post them to give you an idea of where hes at, only weak point id say is my protection, I also currently run a G13 Relic 6 Emperor Palpatine as lead:
    Health: 52,535
    Protection: 38,923
    Speed: 290
    Critical Damage: 235.5% (highest possible)
    Potency: 103.42%
    Tenacity: 93.09%
    Damage: 5708
    Critical Chance: 78.1%
    Armor: 54.9%
    Damage(Special): 7690
    Critical Chance(Special): 44.31%
    Resistance: 49.4%

Putting this into some perspective, I would say Dooku will average about 20-25k per basic attack (not counting bonus attacks) on *decent* armored opponents, prob sub 35-30% armor. Ive gotten his special in arena upon criticals to hit over 70k and finish off opponents very easily. By far my favorite toon and always has been since day 1. Go nuts!

Love it. I'm so used to the basic doing smaller amounts that don't really pop out that I always forget how much damage the special actually can do. Plus it's super satisfying to stun an entire team. Thanks for the info!
  • Dwinkelm
    767 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    I am fast-tracking my Dooku to g13, and put my fastest mods on him. He’ll be sitting at 331 speed when I’m finished.

I’m going to experiment heavily with him as leader of “leftover trio” (Dooku-Nute-Jango) and a pair of others. So far some non-obvious choices I’ve tried include Poggle, Nest, Alpha, and Sith Trooper.

I’m having a ton of fun with Dooku again!
  • Dooku will be my next G13, prolly a good idea to take him to R7
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Little update on my Dooku, I got him to r5 now same as Grievous and switched to that fast CD set I had on Maul(with tenacity cross praise the rng gods), and he's so insanely good now it's ridiculous, he's easily surpassed Grievous in terms of gains/survivability/versatility and even damage in many ways. It really can't be overstated how good Dooku is now, his stats didn't just get boosted like everyone else but they got tweaked in the just the right ways. And that's in addition to getting one of the largest g13 stat gains.

I'm starting to realize now that Dooku has become one of the best characters in the game, I'd argue better than Grievous(and he's stupidly good). Can't wait to get him to r7, will be the one I do first for sure.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    There was another thread saying that Dooku's zeta is broken. I take it you haven't had an issue?
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    I have r4 Dooku, haven't gotten around to it yet but I'll switch to a fast CD set currently on my Maul, as my Dooku crits extremely often now so it seems a waste not to. Only have a CD triangle on him now but the damage is very noticeable with the relentless counters. Also he pretty much needs a tenacity cross so he won't get shut down so easily. And obviously protection rather than health. I'm very happy with where Dooku is at in this game right now. He's probably the character that gained the most of g13 and relics combined, and he really is one of the better toons in the game now. I'll add screens of his stats and last night's raid score, which is not incredible but it's my record with Seps and he outdid Grievous(again).
    1c0nn2bc5i02.png
    eylbbcf16z67.png

More damage than Grievous in the raid?
    Liath wrote: »
    There was another thread saying that Dooku's zeta is broken. I take it you haven't had an issue?

My zeta was working yesterday in geo tb. FWIW, the screenshots in the other thread didn't furnish proof.
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    crzydroid wrote: »
    I have r4 Dooku, haven't gotten around to it yet but I'll switch to a fast CD set currently on my Maul, as my Dooku crits extremely often now so it seems a waste not to. Only have a CD triangle on him now but the damage is very noticeable with the relentless counters. Also he pretty much needs a tenacity cross so he won't get shut down so easily. And obviously protection rather than health. I'm very happy with where Dooku is at in this game right now. He's probably the character that gained the most of g13 and relics combined, and he really is one of the better toons in the game now. I'll add screens of his stats and last night's raid score, which is not incredible but it's my record with Seps and he outdid Grievous(again).
    1c0nn2bc5i02.png
    eylbbcf16z67.png

More damage than Grievous in the raid?
    Liath wrote: »

My zeta was working yesterday in geo tb. FWIW, the screenshots in the other thread didn't furnish proof.

Yeah the difference was even greater just last raid when they were both r5. And now with the CD boost I nodded Dooku with it should be even crazier next raid.

And no never noticed any issues with Dooku's zeta.
  • I'm up to r5 on Dooku now, and I'm liking everything but I'm also noticing just how squishy he still is. Even with the added health/protection/defense, if you face one of the upper echelon teams you just get slaughtered still. Hoping r7 helps even more, but 90k combined health/protection is nothing compared to the 150k+ that everyone else gets with relic levels. Even in phase 1 of Geo TB once you get to the later phases they can really obliterate him easily.

I'm still pretty happy once you get things going with Dooku, but there's just too much squishyness to overcome and it really limits the uses
  • I'm up to r5 on Dooku now, and I'm liking everything but I'm also noticing just how squishy he still is. Even with the added health/protection/defense, if you face one of the upper echelon teams you just get slaughtered still. Hoping r7 helps even more, but 90k combined health/protection is nothing compared to the 150k+ that everyone else gets with relic levels. Even in phase 1 of Geo TB once you get to the later phases they can really obliterate him easily.

I'm still pretty happy once you get things going with Dooku, but there's just too much squishyness to overcome and it really limits the uses

I've been running Dooku and GG with DR in arena forever, and both DR, Malak, and JKR has serious trouble taking him down. Protection circle instead of health is vital. Protection and defense secondaries too.
  • ts25b95e4ghi.jpg
    Maybe I can up stuff a bit here and there, but not enough to cover the fact I'm dead 1 turn in. I haven't really faced a lot of Jedi Revan admittedly because I have better toons to use, but against a middling DR/Malak team he's dead immediately
  • I've also switched to +125 speed with less offense and tenacity and wasn't as impressed
  • My Raid Han at r3 is also putting up 50k on his opening basic. Another 20k from Chewie and then the second Han shot at 25k and boom, he's dead. He's just still too squishy. And it's worth pointing out I'm in the top 20 pretty regularly in Arena so I am facing good teams. Once more relic teams get out there it'll only get worse.

Dooku is good, but still really easy to kill unless you're using ewoks or something
  • You need more defense, and arguably speed... With high enough protection and defense, he'll stay alive forever through his zeta. Lower his tenacity by 15-20 percent and add some defense and speed instead. My Dooku is just under 310 speed, and in the rare cases he does get stunned, he has enough speed and tm gain that it doesn't really matter. And of course he will die to Malak and DR, everything will, DR has by far the most offensive lead in the game.
  • 52pycwg13j1m.jpg

Idk... I think offense looks pretty good on Dooku 😬👍
  • Malachi wrote: »
    52pycwg13j1m.jpg

How in the Hell did you get that kind of damage?! Boba lead right so +50% crit damage, 25% offense from Poggle, but that's it... no extortion on them. I guess at r5 I can hit for 50-60k on the special, so maybe r7 can get that high but I would expect maybe 60-70k at that level.

Also either way, he's too squishy. You guys can swear he's the best with elite mods until you're blue in the face but if every toon is at r7 too I imagine they get better and it evens out again
  • Offense up, Hoda buff and lots of offense in my mods. He hits for 40-50k on his basic. Pretty fun!
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Malachi wrote: »
    52pycwg13j1m.jpg

How in the Hell did you get that kind of damage?! Boba lead right so +50% crit damage, 25% offense from Poggle, but that's it... no extortion on them. I guess at r5 I can hit for 50-60k on the special, so maybe r7 can get that high but I would expect maybe 60-70k at that level.

Also either way, he's too squishy. You guys can swear he's the best with elite mods until you're blue in the face but if every toon is at r7 too I imagine they get better and it evens out again

He used to be squishy as hell up until his rework and g13, which saw him getting tons of survivability. Relics add to that. Your definition of squishy must be wrong or something.

Also keep in mind that Dooku has 100% counter chance, double taps on basic, in addition to ability block and stun, with 85% base potency. I mean how OP do you want him to be?

Edit: And he regens protection on out of turn attacks. Also he was awesome at g13 before relics. Like among the best in the game awesome.