Rey - Gear III

So I unlocked Rey last night and she seemed pretty cool so I dumped a bunch of training droids into her and then started getting her geared up. Thats when I noticed the major roadbloack EA placed on her.

Gear Level III bottom right slot requires Character level 25, okay no problem. But it required a piece of gear that isn't even farmable until level 43 minimum. Seems like either a mistake or they really don't want her to be used by people under 43.

Unfortunately trying to place her into any of my teams stalled at gear level 3 while the rest of my guys are in gear 5 just won't work. So this cool new character gets shelved for a while cause of this.

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    How did you unlock her? Just curious. Chromium cards? She'd only be farmable 3 per day otherwise.
    I'll be curious what you think of her. She seems to get the least attention of any of the newest chars, and is not even in the new pack even though she's a major part of the new movie.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    She's farmable in two locations. Right now I'm at 4/80 with her.
  • Options
    I want her she seems pretty awesome. But about your gear problem - this might be a bug are EA have created powerful toon (i have no doubt she is) and they put some restriction .
  • Options
    I had saved up my crystals from the arena awards and from dailies and bought a chromium 4 pack and got her. Unfortunately I can't really give an opinion on her as she is currently unusable until I gain several more levels to unlock map 5 so I can get her past this gear III hump. All of my other characters I use for light side, dark side and pvp are all gear 5 with 1-2 pieces missing due to level restrictions so she is around 600-700 power level below all of them so I can't justify putting her into any of my groups untilthis piece of gear becomes attainable for me.
  • Options
    That's a shame, maybe EA will fix that in an update. Outside of Vader, you'd expect all characters are usable when unlocked...
  • Options
    Yeah, also stuck at Gear III as I haven't unlocked the missions that will offer the gear to upgrade. I'm also farming for Luminara to work with Barris. Which chews energy up and limits how far I can go. Currently I'm at level 45. Rey at Level 45 and Gear III has a power level of 1751 (whatever that means; sorry I don't really understand the game mechanics yet).

I also got her from the Chromium 8x pack with Qui-Gon. The only first order card I'm missing is the officer. Yes, I spent money on the pack because I like to support the game and players (please don't hate me)...

I'll probably leave farming Luminara and try to up Rey's Gear to help you decide if I get there.
  • Options
    Yeah, also stuck at Gear III as I haven't unlocked the missions that will offer the gear to upgrade. I'm also farming for Luminara to work with Barris. Which chews energy up and limits how far I can go. Currently I'm at level 45. Rey at Level 45 and Gear III has a power level of 1751 (whatever that means; sorry I don't really understand the game mechanics yet).

I also got her from the Chromium 8x pack with Qui-Gon. The only first order card I'm missing is the officer. Yes, I spent money on the pack because I like to support the game and players (please don't hate me)...

I'll probably leave farming Luminara and try to up Rey's Gear to help you decide if I get there.

Yeah i've been trying to get rey, she seems really awesome. Also you don't have to justify spending money, if no one spent money to support the game it wouldn't exist :)
  • Options
    I just the game a day ago and opened 250 crystal chromium pack and I got her. I'm so pumped. I'm upgrading her to gear lvl 3.
  • XtremeFodder
    68 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Ok. I was able to push her past Gear III and her Power level is now 1796 @ level 45. Buggers kept dropping her like a fly though running though the start of mission 5 to get to the farming location. For some reason AI was constantly targeting and dropping her before I had a chance to heal. LOL

Update: Gear IV - 2045