Please do something about these GG nuke squads

Replies

• Options
    Cardiff0 wrote: »
    My god you guys hunt in packs.

Firstly my nuke team took about 15 minutes to mod. I didn’t even have to change GG’s mods I just built around it so I can use sep droids too. I have an average/not that good mod collection.

Also how is this a hard counter to Drevan? What does Drevan do that this counters in particular? Ferocity makes almost no difference. It’s just a strong team that beats darth revan, and other comps as far I can see.

And sorry but this team is clearly unintentional. It just came up as a result of a whole game of character kits being basically uncontrollable. I just think you guys are the ones protecting your investment, if anyone. You don’t want anyone nerfing your droid team. And don’t worry it will never happen so calm down.

You also want counters, which is very true there should be counters, but I don’t think there’s really meant to be counters apart from padme. They don’t care about game balance. For almost two years now the meta has been like 90% dominated by one team. They made that team OP and super dominant so whales would buy it. The clone squad and this GG team rely on one character with huge damage getting ticked off. Can’t you see the game is not in balance as a result of DR and relics? These are not healthy, direct counters to a team, the game is in a mess and relics only exacerbated that with insane damage, all types of battles are lasting like a minute with very little strategy. These are not good, healthy game mechanics like the rest of the game has. The game at the top level has become uncontrollable.

There's nothing unintended about the synergy in a nuke team They started giving all these droids target lock knowing that the pieces could fit together. It was intentional that all these droids were on the same team. It just wasn't a viable team until GG hit g13. But the target lock pretty much guarantees that they way these guys interact is intentional.
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

Firstly my nuke team took about 15 minutes to mod. I didn’t even have to change GG’s mods I just built around it so I can use sep droids too. I have an average/not that good mod collection.

Also how is this a hard counter to Drevan? What does Drevan do that this counters in particular? Ferocity makes almost no difference. It’s just a strong team that beats darth revan, and other comps as far I can see.

And sorry but this team is clearly unintentional. It just came up as a result of a whole game of character kits being basically uncontrollable. I just think you guys are the ones protecting your investment, if anyone. You don’t want anyone nerfing your droid team. And don’t worry it will never happen so calm down.

You also want counters, which is very true there should be counters, but I don’t think there’s really meant to be counters apart from padme. They don’t care about game balance. For almost two years now the meta has been like 90% dominated by one team. They made that team OP and super dominant so whales would buy it. The clone squad and this GG team rely on one character with huge damage getting ticked off. Can’t you see the game is not in balance as a result of DR and relics? These are not healthy, direct counters to a team, the game is in a mess and relics only exacerbated that with insane damage, all types of battles are lasting like a minute with very little strategy. These are not good, healthy game mechanics like the rest of the game has. The game at the top level has become uncontrollable.

There's nothing unintended about the synergy in a nuke team They started giving all these droids target lock knowing that the pieces could fit together. It was intentional that all these droids were on the same team. It just wasn't a viable team until GG hit g13. But the target lock pretty much guarantees that they way these guys interact is intentional.

you mean intended like palp lead was destroying drevan/malak ?
    zfinn destroying hstr and jkr ?
    zombie anakin interaction ?
    the list goes on, I am sure they know what sideeffects they are creating
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    mikk207 wrote: »

What I mean is that they created the target lock synergy to be used with droids together. The droids that are being used here are the majority of the target lock droids outside of Sep droids. They clearly intended GG to be the mainstay of every single droid team with his rework.

So they gave all these droids synergy with each other through target lock (well not bb, but he is a droid teams go first mechanism), and you're telling me they did it without intending them to be used together?

I find it super far fetched that this team is an "unintended interaction" unlike most of the ones you listed.

• Options

Nope it isn't about protecting my investment, at least not for me. I have gg at g12 and am working on seps for tb but nowhere near the investment needed for arena.

I already have an arena team that takes first. It's called darth reven. I haven't noticed much difference in being able to do well in arena because of gg nuke. Even the op claims he can still climb and beat it fine.

So I just don't see the point about whining about a team you don't like because it works as a counter.
  • Options

What I mean is that they created the target lock synergy to be used with droids together. The droids that are being used here are the majority of the target lock droids outside of Sep droids. They clearly intended GG to be the mainstay of every single droid team with his rework.

So they gave all these droids synergy with each other through target lock (well not bb, but he is a droid teams go first mechanism), and you're telling me they did it without intending them to be used together?

I find it super far fetched that this team is an "unintended interaction" unlike most of the ones you listed.

well, then we have a different point of view.
    I dont think this specific interaction was foreseen by cg as many other interactions were not foreseen by cg.

but only cg knows the truth
  • Options

well, then we have a different point of view.
    I dont think this specific interaction was foreseen by cg as many other interactions were not foreseen by cg.

but only cg knows the truth

I mean I know the truth, not gonna try prove it or argue about it but i think it’s pretty obvious

Generally I think a lot of people assume CG are perfectly in control of the strategy and power in this game but I really don’t think they are. I have to say it must be super hard to make a game like this where the concept of units must match with their lore, yet balance must be kept while all the units are interacting with each other. However I don’t think they ever did themselves any favours.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Zfinn, JKA/NS, those were obviously unintended interactions. Do you know how they got by?

They are cross faction interactions.

GG Nuke team is same faction interaction. Droids balance has been watched with a fine tooth comb for years because of HK (by their own words) who didn't get reworked until all of the other reworks had been in place. They straight up said they knew what g13 would bring when they reworked GG which is why he was lackluster back then.

They would have had to have been completely blind to anything to not foresee this team working this way. I'm sure they did, and they won't do anything because there is nothing game breaking about it.

Do you know that's actually when people started running this team? When GG got reworked.... before DR. It just wasn't effective until g13.

There's no way they didn't foresee people running these teams that were the very first go to composition with droids that every droid fanatic was trying after the sep droids faction pass and HK's rework.
  • Options
    Zfinn, JKA/NS, those were obviously unintended interactions. Do you know how they got by?

GG Nuke team is same faction interaction. Droids balance has been watched with a fine tooth comb for years because of HK (by their own words) who didn't get reworked until all of the other reworks had been in place. They straight up said they knew what g13 would bring when they reworked GG which is why he was lackluster back then.

They would have had to have been completely blind to anything to not foresee this team working this way. I'm sure they did, and they won't do anything because there is nothing game breaking about it.

Do you know that's actually when people started running this team? When GG got reworked.... before DR. It just wasn't effective until g13.

There's no way they didn't foresee people running these teams that were the very first go to composition with droids that every droid fanatic was trying after the sep droids faction pass and HK's rework.

I mean their foresight is not exactly formidable.

A million and one examples, but they didn’t even notice the flagrantly blatant Cody loop when they reworked clones. This is much more off brand than that. As I said can’t really be bothered to argue this but I definitely disagree
  • Options

I absolutely disagree.
    when cg released drevan/malak they didnt see something obvious like
    palp lead gaining tons of turnmeter and palp was partly meta at that time if I remember correctly.

so they build some anti palp lead into malak after releasing malak.

and you really think they expected a team like ig 88 lead with t3, gg and bb8 to start with turnmeter ?
    when they are not able to foresee a palp lead gaining tm from debuffs ?

very far fetched, but like I said, everyone has their right to their own opinion
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    haven't read whole thread but bast lead jkr squad lols at gg nuke squad
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    DR mirror matches are decided by who has the fastest BSF.

I see this :alot: and it's not correct.

faster than whom?
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

faster than whom?

What?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

faster than whom?

What?

faster than whom? what wasn't clear? dbast or gmy? (to save time)
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    "Fastest BSF" means two BSF, one is faster than the other. GMY has nothing to do with the comment.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    "Fastest BSF" means two BSF, one is faster than the other. GMY has nothing to do with the comment.

oh you meant if drev is faster? my bad. that is correct
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options

No.

The original comment was that the winner was determined by which BSF goes first. I disagreed. My BSF can go after the opp's BSF and still win consistently.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

No.

The original comment was that the winner was determined by which BSF goes first. I disagreed. My BSF can go after the opp's BSF and still win consistently.

well, sure. but without gmy?
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options

No.

Yes. I use DR BSF Malak HK Marauder.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

No.

Yes. I use DR BSF Malak HK Marauder.

and can still win. impressive
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Mods.

EDIT: To be perfectly transparent, it is easier if my BSF goes first, and I often redo my mods so that both my Doc and BSF go before their counterparts, but I still win most of the time when I don't do that. It just takes a little longer and/or is a bit riskier.
  • Options
    (...)
    Also people are saying that other teams destroy this team and it’s a hard counter to DR, and I could be wrong but tbh, I’ve not really seen that. I went up against droid squads with my g12 jkr and padme lineups and got trashed. With ipd zeta you can’t get buffs, so no crit immunity and GG smacked all my toons in one.

Try putting Bastila in the leader slot. The additional tenacity and protection from her leader ability helps a ton and Battle Meditation can't be prevented by buff immunity (or IPD's zeta shenanigans, afaik).
  • Options

A million and one examples, but they didn’t even notice the flagrantly blatant Cody loop when they reworked clones. This is much more off brand than that. As I said can’t really be bothered to argue this but I definitely disagree

You mean they did notice the Cody loop (since it never went live), and it is no more offbrand than this.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

I absolutely disagree.
    palp lead gaining tons of turnmeter and palp was partly meta at that time if I remember correctly.

and you really think they expected a team like ig 88 lead with t3, gg and bb8 to start with turnmeter ?

very far fetched, but like I said, everyone has their right to their own opinion

Devs planned the droid future very carefully. It's not like these other faction reworks where the faction was untouched for years and then they get completely redone. No droids had fresh member regularly. Every interaction with them was went over by a fine tooth comb. They knew that whatever would come of these reworks would not be problematic.

They would not be "unintended interactions", which is CG speak for TM loop, and there isn't. So yes, they absolutely had the foresight to see how all these things would work well enough to not have any unintended interactions out of it.

As we can all see, there isn't any sort of TM loop involved in the GG Nuke team like there was in teams that had unintended interactions. So, not really an opinion when I say, not an unintended interaction. Devs had the foresight to see there wouldn't be one when they did the droid reworks.
  • Options
    Mods.

EDIT: To be perfectly transparent, it is easier if my BSF goes first, and I often redo my mods so that both my Doc and BSF go before their counterparts, but I still win most of the time when I don't do that. It just takes a little longer and/or is a bit riskier.

I just have a fast gmy that I use. Win almist all the time. It's not hard to get gmy faster than bastilla.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Mods.

I just have a fast gmy that I use. Win almist all the time. It's not hard to get gmy faster than bastilla.

Plenty of GMY (and GBA) on my shard. I just don't need them ;)
  • Options

You mean they did notice the Cody loop (since it never went live), and it is no more offbrand than this.

Lol no I mean they didn’t notice it, released the reworks, then immediately changed it when people told them there was an obvious loop in there that they hadn’t noticed
  • Options

I absolutely disagree.

Devs planned the droid future very carefully. It's not like these other faction reworks where the faction was untouched for years and then they get completely redone. No droids had fresh member regularly. Every interaction with them was went over by a fine tooth comb. They knew that whatever would come of these reworks would not be problematic.

They would not be "unintended interactions", which is CG speak for TM loop, and there isn't. So yes, they absolutely had the foresight to see how all these things would work well enough to not have any unintended interactions out of it.

As we can all see, there isn't any sort of TM loop involved in the GG Nuke team like there was in teams that had unintended interactions. So, not really an opinion when I say, not an unintended interaction. Devs had the foresight to see there wouldn't be one when they did the droid reworks.

youv have your opinion, I have my opinion
    and what you are saying is just your opinion
  • Options

I absolutely disagree.

So you think it's just my opinion there's no tm loop in there?
  • Options

I absolutely disagree.

No it’s your opinion that they foresaw this and the team is intended. Which by the way, is definitely wrong, dunno how you can’t see it. They’ve made a million mistakes, tm loops are just one
  • Options

I absolutely disagree.

Tm loop? Only GG gains a turn when the droids die. There ain't no loop.

Bb8 gives TM but only at the start.