5th on Padme team...

Shadowscream
968 posts Member
edited September 2019
I’m managing 1st in Arena with Padme and and R6 JKA but struggling to decide on the 5th character! GMY is great but can easily wiped out on the opening salvo. R2D2 is only Relic2 and not modded well, so I can’t judge him fully but clearly has potential. C3PO is very useful....
Who do you think works best and why?

5th on Padme team... 65 votes

C3PO
46%
trevyclauseDwinkelmCCyrilSGreenGoblin96JacenRoeArxyoneBlackbeardpepeGcdevilBlauwXiXiSRavenclawsNova44RichfxxxHarukinotakoBamWrathSalatious_ScrumYaeVizslaMoorebidXxDougyDougyxXSemiGod 30 votes
R2D2
6%
CEG9876AgemistyuuzhanronAlvar_Kelling 4 votes
GMY
16%
OmerAsikRobertcubissKillbot5000Dirty_Litle_SmugglerCunningLinguistDaPowerfulJedielmarko1234AussieMasterRaceArneth2CyricusTbstratigist 11 votes
Shaak Ti
6%
Totoyeahwhat123JDK82DrMorpheusJeremy_White 4 votes
Barriss
18%
Puddis95Nori703WoodrowardWarGuy101theatomicpunRhunneAlfa_LandwalkerJarvindAvaiamKarlitoKemosabe73Bassic_Bongo 12 votes
Other (please state in comments)
6%
Mephisto_stylevincentlondonColtIce666Ladiesman 4 votes

Replies

• Maybe Aayla could be a good fifth. Stun on critical with counter chance and the possibikitt to assist on basic (aldo when counteri g) is a good addition.

I have tried C-3PO, although I have not the team maxed yet, and the lack of use of all those courage on top of it makes me feel like wasted.
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Charlo999
    212 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Finch1221 wrote: »
    Maybe with relic introduction Shaak Ti might be better, but for me it is 3po and he is not really missed in rebel team as r2 does well with resistance and CLS, Han and chewie are a good trio

C3po adds a ton of damage to a cls team. Even more so now health is increasing.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Barriss
    See I'd ask for more than the best 5th.
    I like running Padme, JKA, GK, 3P0, Zarriss. It's the best Padme team I've run as there is so much protection up and healing going around that even when RNG goes bad I tend to still win with everyone alive.
  • I've had a small amount of success with clone sergeant. I dont have him up as high as the rest of my padme squad but he isnt being used in my shaak ti squad so hes a decent 5th for me to use if I need to keep 3PO for my class squad
  • C3PO
    Charlo999 wrote: »
    Maybe with relic introduction Shaak Ti might be better, but for me it is 3po and he is not really missed in rebel team as r2 does well with resistance and CLS, Han and chewie are a good trio

Except, Padmé is better than CLS so why sabotage ur Padmé team for a team that isnt as good?
  • Charlo999
    212 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    SemiGod wrote: »

Except, Padmé is better than CLS so why sabotage ur Padmé team for a team that isnt as good?

Dunno why you’d call cls not as good, it is such a wide powerful counter to many squads.

They are both good teams equally I’d say. He adds more to cls then padme imo.
    Padme can function well enough without him but cls takes more of a hit without him.

Talking from a non arena based standpoint (GW,GAC,TW) which is why I assumed finch1221 brought up cls/resistance in the first place, seen as the OP only asked for arena.
  • Barriss
    Barriss or CWC simply for the fact that neither pulls from another team. You're likely already taking GK from JKR so you wouldn't want to hamper another team just to make GR work.
  • C3PO
    For arena 3p0 is best.

But for GAC/TW purposes I often use GMY, and save 3p0 for a JTR droid squad.
  • C3PO

Dunno why you’d call cls not as good, it is such a wide powerful counter to many squads.

Padme can function well enough without him but cls takes more of a hit without him.

Talking from a non arena based standpoint (GW,GAC,TW) which is why I assumed finch1221 brought up cls/resistance in the first place, seen as the OP only asked for arena.

Not really equally. Padmé requires much less investment and can beat every team in the game while CLS requires a lot of investment and cant keep up with the new teams.
  • Other (please state in comments)
    It's a tuff one because gmy is in my jkr team and 3po is in my ewok team at the moment. So for ga and tw I use qui gon. His buff removal and offense up are very useful. Not too mention his assist special. In arena I still use gmy.
    I voted other but run GMY on mine because hes MY current best option. As far as 3p0 and shaak ti. I'll choose to hit those squads 1st every time. Granted not many of either of them are maxed out on my shards top 50. My POV is that 3p0 is a wasted slot defensively and while i use gmy he doesn't seem like the best fit.
  • GMY
    It depends on who you face in the arena, but if there are a lot of DR teams you’ll need a fast GMY to survive. Specifically, faster than your opponents’ DR. You have to get tenacity up on your whole team before DR uses mass shock or you’re dead in the water. I run DR in the arena, and I specifically target Padme teams because they’re so easy to take out. Often times even a fast Padme is dead before she can even take a turn, after which the team falls apart. The only way they have any chance really is if their GMY can outspeed my DR.
  • Baby_Yoda
    1435 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    C3PO
    I'll say this

Since Padmé teams are better than CLS teams,

Put 3PO on it.

3PO is the best you can use however RoS may change that but atm it's your best bet.
  • C3PO
    3PO is the best all-around, especially when it comes to GAC defense. Traya and Palpatine teams eat Padmé for breakfast without 3PO, he helps A LOT against her hard counters.

On offense, I like to use Zarriss when possible. It’s pretty easy to get into a rhythm of falling below 50% health > bonus turn > bonus turn > health equalization, then rinse & repeat to victory.
  • Barriss
    See there's a couple of little gimmicks in the GR squad and they involve certain pairs of characters.

When you combine GK and 3P0's skills under Padme, it makes it so that whenever you get crit, you get crit immunity from GK. Then, since you got a new buff, you get protection up which makes you immune to debuffs. The interesting part is that both of these buffs apply before the debuffs attached to the attack whose damage triggered the buffs. This makes your toons have amazingly consistent "perfect" debuff resistance.

Now when you combine GMY with GK, GMY spreading his buffs makes GK taunt. This is an interaction that was verified intentional somewhere a while ago and it is supposed to act like a pretaunt for GR.

What this basically means is the core of the group is Padme, JKA, and GK. The 4 most notable characters to fit in the other 2 spots are: Ahsoka Tano, GMY, 3P0, and Zarriss.

Which 2 to grab really depends on what you're trying to do. Offense or Defense? Which comp are you fighting on O? GMY and AT seem the most situaitonal of those 4 to me. GMY is good for offense, not as good on D IMO. AT is good against teams with amazingly high buff survivability. Interestingly enough this doesn't count Padme mirror matches. She slows down wins in Padme mirror matches thanks to all the undispellable protection up her consistent out of turn attacks generate on the opponent. 3P0 gives this team super versatile survivability as well as his other usual shenanigans and Zarriss has long been known for turning matches into drag out team.

This is why I like Padme, JKA, GK, 3P0, Zarriss. It's a time out team. Everyone's really hard to kill, That's the premium defense team IMO. GMY fits really well on offense, especially against another Padme team since they tank damage so well.

Shaak Ti is another notable 5th, she has some nice abilities that fit in quite well.
  • Barriss
    And using GK with GR is NOT taking him away from JKR team because he wasn't supposed to be on that team anyway.
  • C3PO
    Woodroward wrote: »
    See there's a couple of little gimmicks in the GR squad and they involve certain pairs of characters.

When you combine GK and 3P0's skills under Padme, it makes it so that whenever you get crit, you get crit immunity from GK. Then, since you got a new buff, you get protection up which makes you immune to debuffs. The interesting part is that both of these buffs apply before the debuffs attached to the attack whose damage triggered the buffs. This makes your toons have amazingly consistent "perfect" debuff resistance.

Now when you combine GMY with GK, GMY spreading his buffs makes GK taunt. This is an interaction that was verified intentional somewhere a while ago and it is supposed to act like a pretaunt for GR.

What this basically means is the core of the group is Padme, JKA, and GK. The 4 most notable characters to fit in the other 2 spots are: Ahsoka Tano, GMY, 3P0, and Zarriss.

Which 2 to grab really depends on what you're trying to do. Offense or Defense? Which comp are you fighting on O? GMY and AT seem the most situaitonal of those 4 to me. GMY is good for offense, not as good on D IMO. AT is good against teams with amazingly high buff survivability. Interestingly enough this doesn't count Padme mirror matches. She slows down wins in Padme mirror matches thanks to all the undispellable protection up her consistent out of turn attacks generate on the opponent. 3P0 gives this team super versatile survivability as well as his other usual shenanigans and Zarriss has long been known for turning matches into drag out team.

This is why I like Padme, JKA, GK, 3P0, Zarriss. It's a time out team. Everyone's really hard to kill, That's the premium defense team IMO. GMY fits really well on offense, especially against another Padme team since they tank damage so well.

Shaak Ti is another notable 5th, she has some nice abilities that fit in quite well.

This is probably the best concise breakdown for GR strategy I’ve read, Kudos good sir!

Padme is a counter to more squads
    oi4a5kr67xet.png
    acvdksbt8fdu.png

Seriously though? zNest
  • GMY

Padme is a more meta team but cls counters more teams Gmy also better counters malak
  • Barriss

Padme is a more meta team but cls counters more teams Gmy also better counters malak

CLS doesn't counter more teams than Padme. It's the opposite actually, and the Padme team usually requires less severe mods with more comfortable wins.

CLS is still quite versatile with the right squad. Amazingly so compared to some other legendaries, but Padme is basically the primo kill everything squad right now.
    Ugnaught