Use TOTAL GP for TW matchmaking

Valariel
151 posts Member
edited September 2019
I am the guild leader of a 209m GP guild which has mandatory TW participation. As a result of this we usually have 50/50 and we routinely face opponents who are 230m+ who have only 44 or 45 members sign up. The TW match making system has resulted in many competitive guilds intentionally sitting out players to be matched with weaker guilds. Our opponents this round had an average player GP of 4.67 to our 4.18.

Match guilds based on their total GP and not active GP. It should be our responsibility to get our members to sign up. If our members dont sign up and we lose, that's on us. We have players who will be busy/away on TW just post more on defense.

We should be penalized for poor participation, not perfect participation.

Replies

  • Waqui
    6459 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Woodroward wrote: »
    I disagree. I want us matched on average gp per player. TW is supposed to be optional. People shouldn't be penalized or get a boost based on their participation levels.

    Agreed.

    Edit:
    Or rather: Not average GP alone. A combination.
    Post edited by Waqui on
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    I disagree. I want us matched on average gp per player. TW is supposed to be optional. People shouldn't be penalized or get a boost based on their participation levels.

    Respectfully agree with this.
  • We (211m guild) have similar problem. Last maybe 10 TWs we got strong opponent above 220m having several alt accounts that are not joining TW..
    It is really frustrating, to have not chance because of current matchmaking model.
  • Durrie wrote: »
    We (211m guild) have similar problem. Last maybe 10 TWs we got strong opponent above 220m having several alt accounts that are not joining TW..
    It is really frustrating, to have not chance because of current matchmaking model.
    How do you know they are alt accounts?
  • Liath
    4942 posts Member
    The fact that you choose to make TW mandatory in your guild in no way means that’s how it “should be,” and it was quite specifically not designed that way.
  • How do you know they are alt accounts?

    Assumption based on much lower GP than rest of guild..
  • Valariel wrote: »
    We have players who will be busy/away on TW just post more on defense.

    We should be penalized for poor participation, not perfect participation.
    Choosing to sit out when busy hurts the guild less than only joining the defense phase and not doing anything on offense.
  • Durrie
    12 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Our 211m Guild has 246m oponent ..

    Comparisons:
    Malak 32 vs 49
    Drevan 37 vs 49
    6 mods 3096 vs 4328
    Rel7 characters 32 vs 98

    Please fix matchmaking, TW event is broken..
  • I'd like to see matchmaking based on GP and avg TW wins per player (who signed up). If 50 people who sign up range from 40-50 wins each, let's say their avg is 45. Now if they recruit a new alt with 0 TW wins who signs up for TW, (49*45)/50=44.1

    Let's say they add 10 alts that somehow have enough GP to participate meaningfully but no previous TW wins. (40*45)/50=36. But as those alts win their avg continues to go up. It should balance out and winners can face winners
  • Waqui
    6459 posts Member
    Daishi wrote: »
    I'd like to see matchmaking based on GP and avg TW wins per player (who signed up). If 50 people who sign up range from 40-50 wins each, let's say their avg is 45. Now if they recruit a new alt with 0 TW wins who signs up for TW, (49*45)/50=44.1

    And what if the guild has a lot of relatively low GP players, with a high amount of TW wins, while their high GP players have a low amount of wins? The average amount of wins would not reflect the actual strength of the guild in TW.
  • At 209m gp all your members should have decently build squads, more than enough to face a guild with 5-6 less people. In fact it should be their disadvantage, not yours. This is a problem when 200m gp guild is matched with 140-150m.
  • newbornFL
    471 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    At 209m gp all your members should have decently build squads, more than enough to face a guild with 5-6 less people. In fact it should be their disadvantage, not yours. This is a problem when 200m gp guild is matched with 140-150m.

    Completely untrue,a guild that has done sandbagging since the beggining has an enormous advantage in zeta department,among many others.

    F Y this is a guild that declares itself as a sandbag guild and 'unstoppable' in it's slogan , they have 50/50 members but 10 of them are below average,rank 300 arena,bastilla jedi teams,etc, they do 600 tickets and TB battles but won't participate in TW,tha'ts how you sandbag,with Alt Accounts/

    1dduaepmyz1d.png



  • newbornFL wrote: »
    At 209m gp all your members should have decently build squads, more than enough to face a guild with 5-6 less people. In fact it should be their disadvantage, not yours. This is a problem when 200m gp guild is matched with 140-150m.

    Completely untrue,a guild that has done sandbagging since the beggining has an enormous advantage in zeta department,among many others.

    F Y this is a guild that declares itself as a sandbag guild and 'unstoppable' in it's slogan , they have 50/50 members but 10 of them are below average,rank 300 arena,bastilla jedi teams,etc, they do 600 tickets and TB battles but won't participate in TW,tha'ts how you sandbag,with Alt Accounts/

    1dduaepmyz1d.png



    1 exception does not make a statement “completely” untrue.
  • Not when it's consistently like this for many guilds.
  • newbornFL wrote: »
    Not when it's consistently like this for many guilds.

    Data? For which other guilds?
  • newbornFL
    471 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    literally look at anyone that posts here.

    Stop trying to make excuses and raison when there is none. OP made an post ,I followed up with personal experience,I see also many topics with this same issue , same conditions .

    But you seem to have already made up your mind,if you would have had the time to look at other similar topics and see how bad the sandbagging is.
  • Lots of people who post on here speak total nonsense. If we were to believe everyone on the forum, then all drop rates are rigged and all characters have lower drop rates than every other character.

    Lots of them allege that every single guild who is going into TW with < 50 signed up are deliberately sandbagging to game the matchmaking system.

    There are just as many who post that this just isn’t true, because many many guilds (mine included) make TW signup optional. It seems you haven’t been reading them.

    In your post above you have highlighted one specific example where it looks like maybe they have a number of ticket alts in their guild that they ditch for TW (although you find me any guild that doesn’t have at least 10 members “below average” - by definition every guild has members below the average).

    You are implying that every guild who goes into TW with <50 is doing so deliberately. I disagree with that because my guild and many many others I have contact with are not doing it deliberately. They’ve made TW signup optional to prevent dead weight who won’t contribute to attack phase making everyone else’s life harder.

    If you want to verify that, simply read some of the elite guild recruitment ads. TW is stated as optional by many of them.

    All I was asking was for examples of other guilds that you know for sure are deliberately sandbagging. But you seem to have already made up your mind.
  • All I was asking was for examples of other guilds that you know for sure are deliberately sandbagging. But you seem to have already made up your mind.
    Even if it's not intentional sandbagging, a guild entering TW with far fewer players typically has a significant advantage. This is a matchmaking problem, regardless of how often it is purposely exploited.

    Side note: switching to a combination of total and average GP for matchmaking will not stop the exploiters. They can simply run extremely low GP alts in their guild, and have them actually enter TW. The effect would be essentially the same as standard sandbagging.
  • What about a similar method to GAC? Look at the data for a typical number of characters used for TW. Maybe 2000 or so as a rough number throw out? Then match based on the GP of the top 2000 characters in the guild.
Sign In or Register to comment.