“Take a Seat” feat

Prev1
I have a feeling this is a ridiculous feat but has anyone gotten it yet? All my matches get timed out against a shard full of OGMF and HT. Anyone have a good composition to get this feat

Replies

• You probably need a well-geared Anakin with his fighter maxed out, and a lot of luck. I don't know the GR ships that well but I'd imagine Plo Koon as a reinforcement is also needed.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Same here. Tried it several times. I either got wrecked immediately or it went ok and timed out, probably needing another 5 min to secure a win. Dropped some ranks but it's still not even close to a win.
    It feels like a 'Win a battle in squad arena with a Tusken leader'. Ridiculous indeed.
  • go to a battle with a weak team
    then wait for a few hours
    you opponent would be easier to beat... hopefully
  • I got it done but, i purposely stay in the lower (600) range of ships to avoid the falcon and make it easier to win battles when the feats come up
  • m5a9h96sh7s1.png

Went to check my rank, one of the recommended opponents was only sporting a level 1 FO TF and no other ships. Success!! Rank 30 too.
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    This is probably a very shard dependent feat. It's doable if you have people on your shard with slower bistan and or ****. Just swap capital ships and play like normal more or less.
  • This is probably a very shard dependent feat. It's doable if you have people on your shard with slower bistan and or ****. Just swap capital ships and play like normal more or less.

Problem is without Ackbar lead, OGMF won’t cleanse the stacking protection on HT. Without thrawn you can’t outlast it and then KO it with thrawn special.
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    This is probably a very shard dependent feat. It's doable if you have people on your shard with slower bistan and or ****. Just swap capital ships and play like normal more or less.

Problem is without Ackbar lead, OGMF won’t cleanse the stacking protection on HT. Without thrawn you can’t outlast it and then KO it with thrawn special.

Does your whole shard run HT? At least half of ours runs HMF/Bistan/Biggs as it makes the battle much faster. Target a slower one of those.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Yeah so you need start w/ the rebel + HT lineup, clear the the breach off your own HT bring in Cassian and Nuke the enemy falcon cuz the assists still happen. Then once you've done that you need either one or two more rebels in the reinforcements and bring in either Ebon Hawk or JKA starfighter or Wedge (upgraded reinforcement ability) to apply buff immunity on to the HT and burn him down. That's how I did it.
    Same idea applies that the other rebel ships are still awful once the Falcon is gone, so they won't be able to kill you.
  • InvMars wrote: »
    go to a battle with a weak team
    then wait for a few hours
    you opponent would be easier to beat... hopefully

Yes, hopefully.
    16 hours ago I set a 100k power garbage fleet on defense, and so far I've dropped all the way from #25 to #26.
  • Talk to your shardmates and have them set you up a team ...our top 20 got ours this morning in just 1 hr.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

Does your whole shard run HT? At least half of ours runs HMF/Bistan/Biggs as it makes the battle much faster. Target a slower one of those.

Weird how there are shard-specific trends. Mine has exactly one guy running a full Rebel starting line in the top 20. Everyone else is using HMF/Biggs/HT or HMF/Bistan/HT.

Honestly I like HT on the starting line better, because Biggs is very easy to just nuke down if HT isn't also there to pingpong hits back and forth.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Endurance can beat HMF pretty handily with the right set up. THere's videos on youtube
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Scottgreen wrote: »
    Talk to your shardmates and have them set you up a team ...our top 20 got ours this morning in just 1 hr.

This is a great reason to not have feats outside of GA.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    I did it easy. I just used the same fleet as always, except instead of starting Falcon, Biggs, Bistan and having Tooth come off the bench second (Cassian first, merc their Falcon) I had Biggs come in second.

Your Tooth cleanses the Breach on basic, and you can use Endurance to put a taunt on him and heal if needed.

G11 Mace with 5-dot mods. Easy-peasy. Then I made absolutely sure to fight my next fleet battle the instant the cooldown was up so I could swap Home One back in.

Edit: Should point out that I finished the night in 19th at payout time.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Not that hard just did it with easy, just gotta mix up your ships and see who works best with what you have.
  • Got mine about an hour ago just set it up with a shard mate and still stayed in the top 10
  • I had no trouble. Took #1 in fleet, waited til after my payout (which is at least 2 hours, I think 3 before any other top20 player's payout on my shard), then immediately subbed in Endurance, fought a battle. Won it. Subbed in Ackbar again. Fought that battle. Won it. Then my Ackbar defended as normal.

As others have stated, the rebel synergy works fine. You're just missing the dispel. I'm not saying that doesn't make it harder. It does, and that's why I subbed Ackbar back in. But my reinforcements are PhantomII, Cassian, Ebon Hark, and Anakin's ETA. I didn't have to change a thing. Bring in Cassian at the right moment (when you don't have Breach on any of your ships) and call your Falcon with an assist to delete their Falcon.

The person I picked on runs HT/Falcon/Biggs. With no dispel, I focussed on Biggs from the start. Falcon isn't a threat if it can't get the assist train running and Biggs isn't hard to kill if you don't keep dispelling Biggs taunt while HT keeps taunting and taking fire away from Biggs until he can heal.

So...
    1. Attack Biggs.
    2. Your first attack on Biggs will give TM to enemy HT.
    3. Enemy HT breaches one of your ships before your Home One can go.
    4. If Breach lands, dispel it rather than going on offense.
    5. Finish off Biggs
    6. Call in Cassian
    7. One shot (or maybe 2, one is usually enough for me) their Falcon
    8. Now they have HT and (in all likelihood) Phantom II. Neither is a threat alone. The 3rd ship will be their 2nd reinforcement. That's probably your primary target for the next 2 turns (Cassian can spot-dispel HT).
    9. Play around until you can bring in someone with Buff Immunity (hopefully kill their unnamed 3rd ship)
    10. Use Buff Immunity to nuke HT.
    11. Mop up.

I didn't lose anyone in my fight. It's probably not a fleet that can survive on defense, but offense wasn't any trouble for me.
  • I managed to get it against an Endurance led fleet sitting at number 6 in an old shard. Ran HT, JKA, Plo as the starters with Phantom 2, Ahsoka, Rex, and Ebon Hawk as reinforcements. I won with 40 seconds left, but I earned it.
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    I got it done but, i purposely stay in the lower (600) range of ships to avoid the falcon and make it easier to win battles when the feats come up

So you purposely sit at a low rank in fleet arena missing out in 400 crystals daily and 1800 fleet arena tokens so you can complete an occassional GAC feat? Sounds like a good trade....
  • @Fanatic

I know the way it was written sounds ridiculous - as you point out, the logic doesn't pan out because the rewards are so ridiculously lopsided for one strategy over the other.

But I understand not caring about rank if you can't get into the top 50. Once you're outside that, being 150 or 550 doesn't make nearly as much difference.

I think that it's much more likely, though, that Flux just doesn't like that part of the game and doesn't want to invest in pilots and ships. Probably the ease of doing certain other things is a post hoc rationale rather than the original motivation. Call it a consolation prize for those who can't compete at high levels in their shard.
  • I just passed on the feat. The rewards aren't enough for the effort. I only fall to the mid teens and I'm not willing to spend crystals on extra tries trying to beat rock with scissors or to climb back after putting a bad team in to fall further.

The rewards for the feat aren't worth 50 crystals. Maybe if you are only a few points from getting kyber but I'm not in that boat so it's not worth it.

• I picked an opponent with a slower hound and I started ****, Biggs, Bistan. Took out opposing **** first before other team went, then slogged through the rest.
  • My fleet ain't great but I am top 100. It is only command ship without max abilities. Anyway, got lucky and looked like some other dude was trying to do it so beat him. Doubt would have had a chance otherwise.
  • Got the feat on a dec. 2015 shard against an ok rebel fleet around top 50.
    I used a G10 Mace with G12 HT, G12 OGMF and G12 Umbaran Starfighter, reinforcements were Cassian’s U-wing, Phantom, Rex and Clone Sergeant. Got about 40 secs left...
  • Feats that have nothing to do with GAC have no place giving GAC banners.
  • Feats that have nothing to do with GAC have no place giving GAC banners.

Agreed. Especially ones that require you to use normally ineffective teams in an arena mode. That's like saying beat an arena battle with clone wars chewie lead as a feat. May work well in early shards but I'd have to fall hundreds of spots or collude with others to make that happen in my shard.

Now the mace one isn't quite that extreme but it is harder for those that have a shard full of meta teams.

Though I'm ok with the generic win so many arena/fleet arena battles. Everyone has an equal shot at those.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Honestly I like HT on the starting line better, because Biggs is very easy to just nuke down if HT isn't also there to pingpong hits back and forth.

HT is better in a shard where everyone has a max falcon/max bistan. If however, you have one of those two ships significantly faster than everyone else (due to g13 and or relics) and the other at least as fast as everyone else's, there is a very high likelyhood you will nuke the opposing falcon before it ever moves.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Habbib wrote: »
    Not that hard just did it with easy, just gotta mix up your ships and see who works best with what you have.

Solid tip right there my friend, i would have tried it if i still needed to unlock the feat.
    Save water, drink champagne!