Captain of the 501st zeta

EmeraldZx
176 posts Member
edited September 2019
Hi all, I recently zeta'd Rex, and it looked like a great zeta as I thought it applied to himself as well, except I didn't read closely. Even having said that, I don't understand why it shouldn't apply to Rex as well. I used to have a lot of frustration back in the day of the Kenobi Bariss meta because her zeta final text states "ALLIES critically hit recover 20% hp" and I argued that it should then function as bariss doesn't receive the effect, yet it did. Having that mentality one should then assume if Rex is stating 501st clone allies then he should be included as a 501st clone. Regardless I think this should have a tweak, to either include Rex, or to expand the zeta to ALL 501st allies (not limited to clones) so that [speculation] General Skywalker and Ahsoka get included. To be honest with you guys, Rex's zeta isn't worth it if all it's doing is reducing 5's assist and Echo's aoe.

Replies

• Th3NameLess
    272 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Echos AoE is brutal and Fives calls an assist and hits pretty hard with his special. If you're looking to get the most out of your clones then it's 100% worth it.
  • Echos AoE is brutal and Fives calls an assist and hit pretty hard with his special. If you're looking to get the most out of your clones then it's 100% worth it.

Anakin's aoe is far better, and Shaak to already has 2 abilities for assisting. I'd rather take my zeta back and put it on Fives.
  • EmeraldZx wrote: »
    Echos AoE is brutal and Fives calls an assist and hit pretty hard with his special. If you're looking to get the most out of your clones then it's 100% worth it.

Anakin's aoe is far better, and Shaak to already has 2 abilities for assisting. I'd rather take my zeta back and put it on Fives.

Again, if you're trying to get the most out of your CLONES, then it's 100% worth it
  • So its actually better to zeta shaak ti first?
  • Clones team zeta order is shaak ti unique, ct5 savior, ct 5 turn meter, shaak ti leader and rex. Echo look like to be designed for tbls. It triggers randomly so it is not very useful.
  • I think it was specially done to not allow earlier access to air superiority - that is all
  • I actually asked this question recently. Got an answer. Didn't zeta him because of that.

However, hang tight. The talent texts sometime change. With a new leader coming in and Shaak ti going out, who knows how this will play out. Stay vigilant!
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    The text clearly states “OTHER 501st Clone Trooper allies”

It makes sense why Rex isn’t included or else he will be one-shorting most toons every other toon

It’s still a great zeta since it allows fives to call anyone to assist and taunt
  • EmeraldZx wrote: »
    Having that mentality one should then assume if Rex is stating 501st clone allies then he should be included as a 501st clone.

No. One should not assume that. One should assume that “all allies” includes oneself. One should further assume that “all other allies” does not include oneself.

I’m aware that it is pedantic, but it’s how they word the kits. I know there are remodding services. I’m surprised that nobody has started charging to interpret the pages of legal language that make up kits in the Revan era.

And Rex is good as is. Including himself would allow his annihilate to go off too frequently.