More sith please

Replies

• leef wrote: »
    dlv1986 wrote: »
    Everyone likes something different. I don't need two tanks as the kits call for having malak or sion to take damage to benefit the team. Poor Lord nox... Maude is OK. But I'd rather have something better than a slopped together sidious/drevan minion.

This sounds like a complaint from the source material, not from a gameplay perspective. If I was going to complain about Sith, it'd be about the uselessness of Sidious more than anything else. He's mostly only good for filler in a zMaul Sith c-team.

Well it's not. I have more use for sidious than Maude sassy or stroop

Can you give us a break down of your (sith) teams? I'm very curious how you can have a better use for Sidious than Marauder, assassin or trooper.

Simply put he fits into more teams and has more use than the sith generics. His debuffs and crits allow usage in other than prescription recipe teams. Either as a leader or fill in. Under palp against Jedi, leading wampa etc etc. I'm sorry you can't see past what is popular.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    Everyone likes something different. I don't need two tanks as the kits call for having malak or sion to take damage to benefit the team. Poor Lord nox... Maude is OK. But I'd rather have something better than a slopped together sidious/drevan minion.

This sounds like a complaint from the source material, not from a gameplay perspective. If I was going to complain about Sith, it'd be about the uselessness of Sidious more than anything else. He's mostly only good for filler in a zMaul Sith c-team.

Well it's not. I have more use for sidious than Maude sassy or stroop

Can you give us a break down of your (sith) teams? I'm very curious how you can have a better use for Sidious than Marauder, assassin or trooper.

Simply put he fits into more teams and has more use than the sith generics. His debuffs and crits allow usage in other than prescription recipe teams. Either as a leader or fill in. Under palp against Jedi, leading wampa etc etc. I'm sorry you can't see past what is popular.

I can see past what is popular just fine, thank you. I was just curious about why you thought sidious was a more usefull toon than the other 3 metioned, which apparantly is mainly due to his capability to perform well outside of a sith team.
    Your statement caught my attention because i would use marauder, assassin and trooper instead of sidious in pretty much any sith team i can come up with. So why ask for more sith teams to make those 3 shine if we've already have those sith teams? Just seemed odd to me.

Save water, drink champagne!
  • We aren't likely toget new sith anytime soon since they are currently meta. Maybe after the next meta.

I don't really use sith trooper all that much tbh. I use him in gac or tw with my darth revan. But in arena i use gmy because tenacity up brings more to the team than sith trooper in mirror matches. If I need a pre taunt I use brood alpha. I already have him geared anyway. Sith trooper can be easily replaced in arena.

And I plenty of dmg to kill malak without maurader so he may be good but not required.
  • dlv1986 wrote: »
    But Assassin has a ship!!
    <.<
    >.>
    C’mon, right!?

She’s the Jedi Councilor of the Sith

And yeah, moar sith please

Lousy ship and no healing... Wish they'd just rework her into Lord nox as it seems they started to.

No idea why people compare the regular Sith assassin with Darth Nox. It was a playable character/story line who could be either male or female. If they bring that character in, they would need to use the masked version:
    maxresdefault.jpg
    I'm overall happy with the Sith we have in the game, but would also celebrate the incoming of some more. My personal favourite would be Darth Marr! B)

• Revan - Bastila - HK-47 - Malak - ST
    Traya - Nihilus - Sion - Marauder - Assassin
    Maul - Savage - Sidious - Dooku - :/

I definitely need someone to plug the hole...
    Not taking consederation the fact that the last team is... not very useful.
  • CadoaBane wrote: »

No idea why people compare the regular Sith assassin with Darth Nox.

Because of Kallig's mask on her head I think
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    We aren't likely toget new sith anytime soon since they are currently meta. Maybe after the next meta.

I don't really use sith trooper all that much tbh. I use him in gac or tw with my darth revan. But in arena i use gmy because tenacity up brings more to the team than sith trooper in mirror matches. If I need a pre taunt I use brood alpha. I already have him geared anyway. Sith trooper can be easily replaced in arena.

And I plenty of dmg to kill malak without maurader so he may be good but not required.

For arena, sure. GAC/TW not so much (unless you don't have a geo team and a team in which GMY really shines)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • @Ratinira how can u forget Vader???? And palp????
  • Ratinira wrote: »
    CadoaBane wrote: »

The mask looks a little different. The one the assassin wears rather looks like one from the large pool of different masks you could get in the game.
  • Phern wrote: »
    @Ratinira how can u forget Vader???? And palp????

They play with their imperial servants)
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Ratinira wrote: »

The mask looks a little different. The one the assassin wears rather looks like one from the large pool of different masks you could get in the game.

Well, for me that difference is really tiny, to be honest. Except the hood, of course...
    iv1cmu29dcfc.jpg
    docdkkpnviyp.jpg

Lets say for me the difference is less catching the eye that the difference between marauder/acolyte armor and Adraase's original one...

• We need Darth Bane, Darth Plagueis, and a proper Darth Sidious...

I just listened to the darth bane trilogy on audible and couldn't help myself thinking about what his kit would be. Tons of great stuff to work with. Rule of 2 could have darth zana synergy, could be the marquee they use to monetize him as the legendary (you're welcome CG), Orbelisk armor, the thought bomb etc.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Omeah wrote: »

Well, for me that difference is really tiny, to be honest. Except the hood, of course...
    iv1cmu29dcfc.jpg
    docdkkpnviyp.jpg

Lets say for me the difference is less catching the eye that the difference between marauder/acolyte armor and Adraase's original one...

It's just art style difference, that's clearly Kallig's mask

Agreed. That’s like arguing about how bad Rey’s face turned out... oh, sorry.

Edit: Not sorry
  • leef wrote: »
    We aren't likely toget new sith anytime soon since they are currently meta. Maybe after the next meta.

For arena, sure. GAC/TW not so much (unless you don't have a geo team and a team in which GMY really shines)

I know and I said in gac I use sith trooper if I place it on defense. On offense I either underdog it or use thrawn depending on who I'm facing and what I need to counter.
  • ladd210 wrote: »
    We need Darth Bane, Darth Plagueis, and a proper Darth Sidious...

I just listened to the darth bane trilogy on audible and couldn't help myself thinking about what his kit would be. Tons of great stuff to work with. Rule of 2 could have darth zana synergy, could be the marquee they use to monetize him as the legendary (you're welcome CG), Orbelisk armor, the thought bomb etc.

He'd have to have anti more than 2 sith in a team synergy.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    OP, just because you have more use for Sidious than Maude or SiT (which may be more about you than those toons, to be blunt), that doesn't make you right about Maude or SiT.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
    Revan - Bastila - HK-47 - Malak - ST

Put Assassin with zMaul (great TM/stealth synergy), Marauder with Revan, and SiT with Traya. You'll still have a hole on Traya's team, but they don't really need a fifth (or a fourth...) on offense in GA/TW, so plug with whoever, as needed.

You can also use GMY, GBA, or Wat with Revan, loosening up the lineup a bit, but that does hurt or cripple two or three other teams. Dooku may also play better with Seps, further complicating things. There's a lot of options with Sith, honestly.

Put Assassin with zMaul (great TM/stealth synergy), Marauder with Revan, and SiT with Traya. You'll still have a hole on Traya's team, but they don't really need a fifth (or a fourth...) on offense in GA/TW, so plug with whoever, as needed.

You can also use GMY, GBA, or Wat with Revan, loosening up the lineup a bit, but that does hurt or cripple two or three other teams. Dooku may also play better with Seps, further complicating things. There's a lot of options with Sith, honestly.

- I use ST with Revan on arena and because my characters are not 330+ speed putting Marauder instead of ST would be a very stupid desicion. Or maybe bacause almost all Revans in top are quicker than mine...
    - I use ST with Revan and Mara/Sass with Traya on GeoTB and they work good. Maul and Ko are useless on GTB.
    - I use ST with Revan in def on TW and Mara/Sass with Traya on attack. Maul and Ko are covered with dust...
  • TheRealNickEZ
    684 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    I wonder what the kits for Bane and Malgus would look like...

- I use ST with Revan on arena and because my characters are not 330+ speed putting Marauder instead of ST would be a very stupid desicion. Or maybe bacause almost all Revans in top are quicker than mine...
    - I use ST with Revan and Mara/Sass with Traya on GeoTB and they work good. Maul and Ko are useless on GTB.
    - I use ST with Revan in def on TW and Mara/Sass with Traya on attack. Maul and Ko are covered with dust...

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying your lineups are bad, just providing other options. If your Revan is slower than theirs, definitely use SiT (or zGBA), you're screwed otherwise. I fiddle with my lineup in squad arena for every attack. All Sith Empire if Wat and GBA are on the other team, Malak and GMY if my DR is faster, GMY and SiT if not. I sometimes swap in Han if my DR is slower than theirs and GMY is present.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying your lineups are bad, just providing other options. If your Revan is slower than theirs, definitely use SiT (or zGBA), you're screwed otherwise. I fiddle with my lineup in squad arena for every attack. All Sith Empire if Wat and GBA are on the other team, Malak and GMY if my DR is faster, GMY and SiT if not. I sometimes swap in Han if my DR is slower than theirs and GMY is present.

Shore trooper works pretty good too. I used him in my darth revan team before I had brood ready. And i didn't have malak at the time so the full sith empire thing wasn't going to happen anyway.

Personally I like brood or shore trooper better than sith trooper in a darth revan team. With brood you get a respawnable sixth character taunting tank. With shore trooper you get a heal. Sith trooper you get ferocity which makes him die quickly. Not a great quality in a tank.

He does work great with traya though. The self cleansing makes shock and buff immunity useless on him.
  • Hmmm no one mentioned Darth Talon... interesting

I am too lazy for that. If my Basti is quicker I mostly win. If she is slower it sometimes win. If GMY present I move around. Or dont move at all)

ZMaul+Sass+Savage were great on arena long ago. And on Hoth. Now their usage is too limited...
  • TVF wrote: »
    OP, just because you have more use for Sidious than Maude or SiT (which may be more about you than those toons, to be blunt), that doesn't make you right about Maude or SiT.

Doesn't make me wrong either. But that's not what the thread was about. More sith useful please.
  • Hmmm no one mentioned Darth Talon... interesting

I've mentioned her many other times. Eye candy at best. Canon wise she was weak and useless. No one mentioned Darth zanna this go round either, but I sure should have.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Doesn't make me wrong either. But that's not what the thread was about. More sith useful please.

You said they need more Sith to make them better. You're wrong about that.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • xPat3678x
    251 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Hmmm no one mentioned Darth Talon... interesting

I've mentioned her many other times. Eye candy at best. Canon wise she was weak and useless. No one mentioned Darth zanna this go round either, but I sure should have.

Yeah, you're exactly right haha. Eye candy, but not that powerful sadly. I think someone did mention Zannah actually.
  • xPat3678x wrote: »
    Hmmm no one mentioned Darth Talon... interesting

Yeah, you're exactly right haha. Eye candy, but not that powerful sadly. I think someone did mention Zannah actually.

Yeah when Bane was mentioned they also mentioned Zannah. I'd love to have Bane, Zannah, Malgus, Krayt, Talon, Vectivus, Lumiya, Caedus, Nihl, Wyyrlok, Vitiate, and many more.