Lowered Drop Rates

Drop rates in this game have been slowly going down in this game throughout the years. The current drop rates for gear are so low now, that it's no longer fun to play.

Anyone else feeling this way? As a game developer, I'm aware that it's easy to complain about drop rates. But we always keep them at a level that feels rewarding. Gear drop rates no longer feel rewarding to me, and each time I login and begin playing, I quickly begin asking myself why I'm still playing.

Capital Games: this game does not have to be on its last legs this early. With poor drop rates and significant power creep, you are shortening your long term revenue stream for gains in the short term.

Replies

• No. It hasn't changed.
  • Any data to back up your 'reduction in drop rate' claim?
  • Lysandrax wrote: »
    Any data to back up your 'reduction in drop rate' claim?
    'I went 0/20 yesterday.'
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Drop rates in this game have been slowly going down in this game throughout the years. The current drop rates for gear are so low now, that it's no longer fun to play.

Anyone else feeling this way? As a game developer, I'm aware that it's easy to complain about drop rates.

As a game developer, you should know, that your feelings about the drop rates are irrelevant, when you claim that drop rates have dropped. The only thing that matters is the actual drop rates. Facts. Please provide those, and I'll be happy to discuss the "decreasing" drop rates.
  • Oh yeah I feel the same. That feels the most with omegas, got 1 omega in a month from challenges and 0 omegas in 2months+ from fleet. Never got an omega from cantine. Also character shard drops were insane, I'm farming bossk now and once I started spending crystals to reset his node I can't get more than 1/5. With 2 restarts I get max 3 shards. Don't even want to start about gear. And don't tell me that it's rng, I can't be THAT unlucky for couple months straight.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Interesting that you tall about the feel of drop rates, what data do you use to ensure the feel of your drop rates?

Can you post the data you have about the drop rates in this game?
  • I remember how it used to be and I notice how it's now. Most gear mining problems started with g13, then they changed fleet challenge zeta rewards from 0-2 to 1 and something happened with omega drops and once I start using crystals to reset a certain node I stop getting shards I'm looking for in there. I'm sure no point in writing about omegas in cantina. If I had data I would be blaming cg straight away, but I didn't expect things to go this way, so that's why it's just a feeling like something is not right. But yeah I'm gonna start making screenshots of my rewards, we'll see how it goes.
  • Here we go again.
  • Shamanas wrote: »
    I remember how it used to be and I notice how it's now.
    Are you sure, you remember correctly? Are you sure, you percieve the current drop rates correctly?
    Most gear mining problems started with g13, then they changed fleet challenge zeta rewards from 0-2 to 1 and something happened with omega drops and once I start using crystals to reset a certain node I stop getting shards I'm looking for in there.

The zeta drop rate was almost doubled. Do you perceive it as a decrease? Really?

May I suggest, that you track your drops. Amount of drops relative to amount of attempts. Just to make sure that you don't remember other stuff wrong. After you provided your data, we can discuss it.
    I'm sure no point in writing about omegas in cantina.

No point in claiming drop rates decreased if you didn't actually track them.
    If I had data I would be blaming cg straight away, ...

Well, you already do blame them already, when you claim that drop rates decreased, so where's your data?
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Shamanas wrote: »
    I remember how it used to be and I notice how it's now.
    Are you sure, you remember correctly? Are you sure, you percieve the current drop rates correctly?
    Most gear mining problems started with g13, then they changed fleet challenge zeta rewards from 0-2 to 1 and something happened with omega drops and once I start using crystals to reset a certain node I stop getting shards I'm looking for in there.

The zeta drop rate was almost doubled. Do you perceive it as a decrease? Really?

May I suggest, that you track your drops. Amount of drops relative to amount of attempts. Just to make sure that you don't remember other stuff wrong. After you provided your data, we can discuss it.
    I'm sure no point in writing about omegas in cantina.

No point in claiming drop rates decreased if you didn't actually track them.
    If I had data I would be blaming cg straight away, ...

Well, you already do blame them already, when you claim that drop rates decreased, so where's your data?

You misunderstood several points there.
  • Are you sure you're not cherry picking? Even screenshots don't prove anything. I refresh shak ti's node twice daily.

There are days i get 0 for 5 and there are days I get 4 of 5. I could screen shot either one to try and prove a point but both would be meaningless.

If anyone remembers when she became farmable, I have pretty consistently farmed 15 tries a day and am at 3 out of 100. That should give a more accurate recent drop rate that one screen shot.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    giphy.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I looked it up. She came on august 23rd. So 36 days ago. 15 tries a day for 36 days is 540 tries. In that time I got 183 shards (30 for 4 star, 65 for 5 star, 85 for 6 star, and 3 extra). That calculates to 34% drop rate.

So still pretty consistently around 33%.
This discussion has been closed.