More than 100% tenacity?

Laz
190 posts Member
I see that some people add all tenacity mods to Malak and Nest, giving more than 100% tenacity. Is this overkill? How is this advantageous?

Replies

• Whenever an attacker tries to inflict a debuff, the defender has a “tenacity - potency” % chance to resist, with a minimum value of 15%.

So, the higher the better.
  • If I have 100% tenacity, and my opponent has 70% potency then I only have a 30% chance to resist. Potency negates tenacity.

However, if I have 170% tenacity and my opponent has 70% potency then I have a 100% chance to resist.
  • TVF
    36576 posts Member
    In order for you to have a 100% resist rate, you have to double their potency.

What.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Not double, need 100% more
  • Phern wrote: »
    Not double, need 100% more

Are...are those not the same thing?
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Phern wrote: »

Not in this context, no.
  • Jarvind wrote: »

If you have 50% potency and I have double that (100% tenacity) I only have a 50% chance to resist. I need 150% tenacity to get guaranteed resists. I need to have 100% plus whatever your potency is.

• JacenRoe wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »

If you have 50% potency and I have double that (100% tenacity) I only have a 50% chance to resist. I need 150% tenacity to get guaranteed resists. I need to have 100% plus whatever your potency is.

Yeah, I get it now. It gets confusing because potency and tenacity are expressed as percentages, but they really aren't until after the potency/tenacity check has been made.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png