Potency and its place in the meta

Obviously this is subject to change with the meta, but with the prevalence of status immunity (Padme's lead, Ten Up for Jedi teams), and the effects of Ferocity for Sith Empire teams, do you still find yourself using Potency sets or a Potency primary cross in most PvP situations for characters with key debuffs? Thinking in the vein of C3P0 for instance.

Replies

• Options
    I use a potency cross and a few potency secondaries on Bastila Fallen. Partly because they come as a package deal with one of my faster mod sets :D . But also, it's not the most common modding tactic but I see Malak's modded for tenacity often enough that it's worth having the potency for the higher chance of CBM landing at the start of battle. Remember that the first time your bastila moves she will be attempting to apply CBM before she gets any bonus potency from ferocity and also before the opponent Malak has any loss in tenacity from ferocity.

For C3P0 and Anakin you might also want to consider potency because their healing immunity, buff immunity and confusion debuffs are very helpful vs Malak and even with the reductions to tenacity from ferocity the potency is beneficial (especially when malak starts gaining tenacity at lower health levels).

On 3P0 you really don't have other super critical stats to mod for so using potency isn't really taking away from another stat. On Anakin, it can be debated, because you need to weigh up the benefits of the potency vs the potential offense you are sacrificing on him.

Can't think of other, critical, uses for potency in the current meta but you can still make a case for it on those three in my opinion.
  • Options
    I toss on a bit of potency for characters whose debuffs are critical to their function: JTR, B2 Battle Droid, etc. I'll also chuck a potency cross on attackers if they inflict at least one debuff and I don't have a decent offense cross handy.

But yeah, given how many mechanics are flying around that basically invalidate the need to worry about potency/tenacity, it's usually a minor concern.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    I would say this thread is superseded by the idea of appropriate modding for the character no matter what.

Is there ever a reason to not stack potency on EP and Vader, for instance? I mean yeah, different mod sets on R2, CLS, and others where there is another strategy in play but by in large I think you are forced to go with the character's recommended stats.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    I use potency sets for Geo TB. I love seeing my Talzin at 200% potency trying to inflict plague on a target with tenacity down and getting resisted 99.9% of the time. 😏
    giphy.gif

If my 63% Talzin can occasionally land plague on Phase 4 of Geo TB, then you should have less difficulty
    Jbnf wrote: »
    Obviously this is subject to change with the meta, but with the prevalence of status immunity (Padme's lead, Ten Up for Jedi teams), and the effects of Ferocity for Sith Empire teams, do you still find yourself using Potency sets or a Potency primary cross in most PvP situations for characters with key debuffs? Thinking in the vein of C3P0 for instance.
    I've used a potency cross on my Darth Revan / BSF for squad arena. Its one of my fastest speed secondaries and I tried a non potency set and have gotten a lot more resists on Corrupted Battle Meditation or Force Lightning against high tenacity malaks even with stacks of ferocity