GG nuke team help!!!!

So I have my GG dbl z gr 13 with a lvl 5 relic. I've been using a g12 ig-88lead w/r2 gr12 z,bb8 gr11 z,t3 gr 9 z and I'm having trouble figuring out how to hit for insane dmg I get one out of like 6 tries.. What am I doin wrong? Should I swap any toons out? Also my gg has full maxed health mods w/ hlth @148k any advice or tips or help I would greatly appreciate I'm f2p so I put a lot into this team and not seeing the results sux!

Replies

• Maybe cuz T3 dies soon and his unique is no longer in play?
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Also, due to the lower gear of your T3, he doesn't have very much resistance and armour penetration (together known as defence penetration). He doesn't get much of a boost to those stats until you start added the g12+ pieces. Therefore the rest of your team isn't getting very much of a boost from his Master Gearhead zeta (depending if that's the zeta you have, needs both to be really effective).
  • I too was running into a similar problem with my nuke team. My problem now is one shorting Bastila fallen at relic 5 and above. It's a combination of alot of things and even though many say it's a discount Malak counter I feel there is nothing DISCOUNT about it.

For example you at least need:
    GG z g13
    Zeta on T3M4 g12
    Bb8
    IPD
    Ig88

To be successful majority of the time you need:
    GGz g13+ r+
    T3M4zz g12+ all pieces but the g13 piece
    IPDz
    IG88
    Bb8

This is basically what I have and I can make it as high as arena rank 8.
    However with the higher relic tiers I find out that I can't consistently one shot Bastila due to health potency checks and lack of survivability.

(Speculating)
    To take on r7 Malak,DR, Badstila teams I would think adding another zeta to IG88 as well as taking all the characters to g13 besides bb8 would be necessary.

If I am missing something please feel free to educate me more as well.
    I currently run:

GGzz relic 7 (mod- all health with crit damage triangle)

T3M4zz g12+1 (mod- modded for pure protection)

Ig88 g11 (mod- mix of critchance and potency

Bb8zz g12+2 (mod- spd and offense)

IPDz g8 (mod- all potency)
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    To be honest I haven't seen anyone call it a discount team. I thought it was understood it was a large investment.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    To be honest I haven't seen anyone call it a discount team. I thought it was understood it was a large investment.

I think people mean the R2D2 version when they say "discount team," since most people will have already geared R2 but IPD is generally sitting at low gear or none at all.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

This fact completely eludes a forum poster in another thread. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

Let’s see...
    - Gear T3 to G12 and GG to G13
    - R5 or so on GG
    - Three zetas
    - Leave everyone else at G11
    -OR-
    - Acquire the meta (DR and Malak or Padme)
    - Gear all of them to G13
    - Relic most of all to R3-R5 (higher for Padme)
    - At least five zetas

Yeah, I don’t see how anyone could call that a discount team. 🙄
  • SoonerJBD
    460 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    You’ve got someone in here bragging about making top 10 with g11 IG-88 and G8 IPD, and you think this is a large investment. Hilarious.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Let’s see...
    - Gear T3 to G12 and GG to G13
    - R5 or so on GG
    - Three zetas
    - Leave everyone else at G11
    -OR-
    - Acquire the meta (DR and Malak or Padme)
    - Gear all of them to G13
    - Relic most of all to R3-R5 (higher for Padme)
    - At least five zetas

Yeah, I don’t see how anyone could call that a discount team. 🙄

I believe the words you're looking for are "theory crafted hard counters". Sorry, your investment is a limited time offer. On the bright side, I'm sure CG will release a new meta soon, so you can buy your way back to the top again.

Incidentally, Padmé (with only one toon over R3) can pick apart both teams - the GG one in under a minute. The DR one for 20 banners in TW - 19 once in great while if GK is R2 or lower.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I use Padme as well as DR. Padme is a good squad. Requires an investment of G13 and relics if you want it to be competitive. I’m all for that kind of diversity.
  • J_man1017 wrote: »
    So I have my GG dbl z gr 13 with a lvl 5 relic. I've been using a g12 ig-88lead w/r2 gr12 z,bb8 gr11 z,t3 gr 9 z and I'm having trouble figuring out how to hit for insane dmg I get one out of like 6 tries.. What am I doin wrong? Should I swap any toons out? Also my gg has full maxed health mods w/ hlth @148k any advice or tips or help I would greatly appreciate I'm f2p so I put a lot into this team and not seeing the results sux!

T3 must be g12 or he will die and his uniques are gone.

Btw both t3 Zetas are super essential
  • EdSolo
    410 posts Member
    I wonder if this team is really worth the investment for arena. Should be still be good for tw, but the meta will obviously change once the next big toon is out. I am one piece away from getting T3 to g9, so I don't know if I would even consider trying to put together this team. Two zetas are a lot when I still have Separatist and GR zetas to equip.
  • T3 has a bonkers kit. BB8 and T3 will always be in the straight droid metas
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Olddumper wrote: »
    T3 has a bonkers kit. BB8 and T3 will always be in the straight droid metas

Which droid metas are those exactly?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Since t3 release you always could play him together with jtr droids for example.

The gg nuke team requires too less equipment in comparison to other squads. I am not sure that bb8 and t3 should be beneficial to gg as he is certainly is a humanoid and not a droid. Its too cheap team.