Thinking about the new meta for a FTP player

Lorenzo
110 posts Member
Tired of chasing the meta but resigned to it ...

GW shipments - doesn't seem to be much there after the obvious top choices, all of which I have at 7*. Am I wrong?

Arena shipments - again I have the obvious choices, plus eeth, at 7*. Looks like Han is the obvious next choice for the new meta. Am I wrong?

Cantina shipments - I've been all over the place here. QGJ almost at 6*, fives and boba fett at 5*, daka at 4*. Was going to get QGJ to 7*, then daka. Thinking now I switch to daka as soon as QGJ hits 6*. Or should I go for boba fett?

Cantina shards - have GS and ren at 7*, working on dooku now. Gonna get him to 6 for sure. Then ... Who? Finish dooku? Barris for GW? Am I missing anyone?

Replies

• Lorenzo
    110 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    For GW shipments, currently working on RP. Maybe switch to dathcha?
  • Phasma-lando combo!
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    My bet is phasma Kylo dathcha jawa and Daka could be quit a team. If you wanted to work phasma 7* then dathcha, farm in cantina Kylo to 7* then switch to jawa and get Daka from shipments. In arena... Work on 88 and savage is my bet. At worst you will have phasma and Kylo ready for new meta and two jawas for aoe droid teams in GW .... But I think with the advantage allowing crit will work great since most have RG in top tier, your going to need aoe to finish off targets.
  • Lorenzo
    110 posts Member
    Thanks. I have phasma and ren at 7* so that's a good start there. Looks like dathcha; I hate leaving RP at 45/85 but best not to throw good shards after bad. Daka looking like the obvious cantina shipment play.

Which leaves Arena shipments and cantina shards. Jawa seems so underwhelming, but my alternatives are dooku and Barris, so maybe he is the best bet. Arena, 88 I have at 7*. Guess arena then comes down to Han versus savage.
  • RP is not fast. I am wondering if she becomes quite the sleeper post patch.
  • Lorenzo wrote: »
    For GW shipments, currently working on RP. Maybe switch to dathcha?

I was doing the same. Decided to start saving all my credits instead to see what happens... There's always a chance I won't be able to make it through GW again post patch, and the extra stock of credits will come in handy.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Agree RP might come out ahead in he update. My personal leaning is tusken raider and dathcha maybe RP and initiate. I think those 4 you can't go wrong. But that's my opinion. With the addition of chirps if you have farmed ewoks teebo too. Teebo might be he new QGJ in arena, there by making my 5* plo koon useful haha. But, your going to see changes. Pick an opinion and build towards it.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Building up Teebo personally. If people last more than 1 turn, I see his leader becoming very viable
  • Here is my plan as ftp until new meta.
    1. Save crystals
    2. Save credits
    3. Save ability mats
    4. Don't farm past 6 stars
    5. With longer battles synergies will compound and be more important.
    6. Be prepared to quickly farm and level new meta toons.
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Here is my plan as ftp until new meta.
    1. Save crystals
    2. Save credits
    3. Save ability mats
    4. Don't farm past 6 stars
    5. With longer battles synergies will compound and be more important.
    6. Be prepared to quickly farm and level new meta toons.

Safe bet, however based on information I believe phasma and Kylo will play a roll as will fives and either single targets or aoe mixes
  • It is always hard to know.
    I am running Phasma (leader) 6* , Greedo 7*, Dooku 5*, Luminara 6* and Sidious 7*
    They are all almost full gear, except Greedo (he is fully geared). I plan on getting them all to 7* and then see if people like Kylo Ren, Geonosian Soldier, or Old Ben are still viable with the new update to grind for them.
    I am 60/8 shards for Kylo, 40/80 for Old Ben and I have a 1* GS.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    I'm sticking with my original plan and team. Doesn't work perfectly in the current meta and probably won't in the next one but I couldn't be bothered about that. I'm just farming the characters I like and for me that's good enough
  • Chewy_Johnson68
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    It is always hard to know.
    I am running Phasma (leader) 6* , Greedo 7*, Dooku 5*, Luminara 6* and Sidious 7*
    They are all almost full gear, except Greedo (he is fully geared). I plan on getting them all to 7* and then see if people like Kylo Ren, Geonosian Soldier, or Old Ben are still viable with the new update to grind for them.
    I am 60/8 shards for Kylo, 40/80 for Old Ben and I have a 1* GS.

Hey I ran that team! I actually preferred Sid lead. Drop Phasma ( for now ) and try another fast DPS toon with assist . The damage is awesome!